Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times
Click to log in with Facebook
Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times Receipt tracker, status tracker, processing times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Airline industry has changed a lot. People still asume that travelling on a plane is something aristrocratic. Not any more. Airline industry has realized that mostly what consumer cares for is "price" and also that most of the travellers are "obligatory travellers" particularly on international flights. So the rules have been written with lots of ambiguity and also since international travel involves multiple countries the legal battle is also not often successful against the airlines. Another thing is that most often people purchase tickets from agents and not directly from the airlines and often there are multiple airline cariers involved in international flights. It is a very complicated issue and it is kept that way so that the consumer has litterally no way to complain.
My advice; Treat airlines just like a cab. Dont expect good treatment from the staff and dont respect them either. Dont behave as if you are in a 5-star hotel once you enter the airport instead feel that you have entered a railway station which is the least predictable. Enjoy the fun if your flight is on time but dont always plan to be on time. Forget eating good food on flights and dont argue if you get bad because that is what it is most of the time "bad". Good behaviour from the flight attendents / customer service...No not at all. I dont expect them to behave properly at all. If one happens to deviate from the norm and behave nicely I just smile back and acknowledge the craziness.

Finally; If you have decided to take a flight to somewhere remember to enjoy all the rest of the trip and be prepared for the worst part of it that begins the moment you step into an airport and get out of the F****** place. People people people when are you all going to get it. airport and flying is no longer luxory. It is just the cheapest thing we are forced to do during our busy lives.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

continuation from my previous post;
And why is the flying so terrible these days?? because the airline industry is the least profitable among all industries. Most are bankrupt or on the verge and the people working there are all tensed about their jobs. It is the worst time to be in airline industry. Our only hope is that the certification agency (if there is any such thing) makes sure that the industry uses aircrafts which are checked thoroughly and in operatable conditions. They arlready are completely negligient on customer satisfaction (everybody customer+industry officials know it). Hope they are not negligient regarding safety standards.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thomachan,
We need more people on this forum and in the world like you!!

Very humorous insight and practical perspective.

Northern California State Chapter

Last edited by bondgoli007; 09-29-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute

SORRY BROTHER, I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU AND YOUR WAYS of TRYING TO HURT REPUTATION OF SOME otherwise better AIRLINE.

we have some really bad bad exp with lufthansa last year. same way my coworker had a horror story with northwest airlines. There were some IV thread of bad treatment of indians by airfrance at paris. Things can go bad. It shouldn't, but it does. Doesn't mean you not only make a bad image forever in your mind and try to spread that on others. With your theory, all airlines are bad and no one should fly ever.

While I never flew with airindia so far (planning to fly airindia next year), my parents did and they had a wonderful experience, food and courtsey.

I have full sympathy with your aged in laws. They do deserve a better service, esp with a baby travelling with them. I pray that now onwards, they never face such troubles. Smile and be positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Experience with Air India

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

Father-in-Law (FIL) and Mother-in-Law with baby

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

Customer Service in Mumbai:

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Flight reaches Hyderabad:

The flight reached Hyderabad after change of flight in Mumbai.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

Last edited by addsf345; 09-29-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rksaigal is infamous around these parts rksaigal is infamous around these parts rksaigal is infamous around these parts
Default Agree

In 2001 when I travelled to India, I paid 1200 to fly NWA. I paid 1000$ in 2008 on Asiana. Very good service. Although airline costs have increased, price of tickets havent increased proportionally.

Agree with the poster, treat airlines like a CAB. If you get good service, you are lucky.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgoli007 View Post
Thomachan,
We need more people on this forum and in the world like you!!

Very humorous insight and practical perspective.
Thanks for the compliment bondgoli. Being a person who has slept in the airport (floor) on quite a few occasions I have realized that people still somehow think that they are paying "big money" and so need good treatment. That is no longer true. The competition among providers has lead to their own (and ofcourse ours) decline. My kid always makes sure the nintendo ds and a few novels are packed up anytime the sentence "we will have to fly" is pronounced. Now we also pack up a few extra bed sheets and I am an expert now to spot the warm areas to sleep. We also keep turn watchin over the stuff when the rest sleep (ofcourse on the floor). And yes, we dont hold any hatred against the airline employee because they are "nothing" and can "do nothing". So friends if you see an Indian family sleeping in any airport dont hesitate to come and say Hi.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I travelled the same route on AI you are talking about and I had no problems and got one of the best services, I was stranded in gatwick for 3 days while travelling Delta, does that mean the entire airline is crap. For the price we pay Air India is one the Best value airline, (not to mentions excellent food and drinks) Delays happen , got to take them with a pinch of salt.
Quote:

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down no body is perfect. So are you no body?

Quote:

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

Everyone makes mistakes. e.g. You are a veteran member (Join Date: Jan 2006) with IV and yet you posted this thread in wrong forum ..!!!

(Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. > Horrible Air India).

Why you expect that others MUST BE PERFECT when you are not?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post

I had recent experience with continental the flight got cancelled but the staff was good they immediately gave me tickets to Virgin Atlantic (which was earliest departure) but I had Advanced Parole and so could not take VA.
rockstart, what was the issue with Advance Parole, can you elaborate?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts
Default Yeah right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbee View Post
I agree buddy .. We should fly AI and help it survive the crisis, rather than paying money to other Airlines.
Another doofus with no clue promoting protectionism in India while clamoring for open markets in America. You won't recognise irony if it bit you in the ass.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default Not service.. It's about professionalism

I guess it's not about service. It's about job professionalism. There is no problem with Air Hostess or employees, but it is management. Let me give snap shot of my exp.

My flight was from Bangalore --> Bombay --> USA

Flight took off at Bangalore 60 mins late. Staff reassured that flight in Bombay will be waiting

Once we reached Bombay they took boarding passes and tore them off. They said your flight already left, you have to go next day. Some passengers noticed that few passengers are still boarded into US flight with flight nbr given in our boarding passes. When everyone made an issue about this they said, it's overbooked so we can not accommodate.

So their statement that flight took off was literal lie which is unprofessional. Also they deliberately delayed Bangalore flight which also they did not manage nicely

Then they said go to Delhi there is a flight. We reached delhi there is no flight. There AI staff said not sure why they sent you here. Only option is next flight starts tomorrow. Next day they listed the flight but again they say it's cancelled due to technical difficulties and part has to come from other country and you can fly only tomorrow.

By that time there were passengers of 2 days waiting. when every one made a big noise, they arranged a flight after 4 hours.

They should have made alternate arrangements before all this mess and 2 days of waiting. Consider people with infants.

I understand unfortunate things happen but deliberate lies due to mismanagement and moving you around just to buy time is completely unprofessional. I did not find this kind of unprofessionalism in other airlines, even though there are other bad experiences with them also.

Last edited by vikramy; 09-29-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Singapore airlines and Jet airways are best !

I have flown in these airlines so far and here are my comments

Delta - Oh sucks man !! - Thiruvallur bus (in tamil it means - a normal congested government bus)

Qatar airways - decent - except for the food which is no good and you dont get the polite service (even they will not even check back if the light is on).

Jet airways -- wonderful ! Excellent food ! Superb airhostesses ! Good leg space and quite comfortable flight

Indian airlines - Oh man ! what a journey between singapore to chennai. We started late by 3 hours as they took one flight off (cost cutting) and bundled all of those pax with us. And we had to land on exactly 1 wheel (i meant with 1 tyre remaining). Nose wheel had tyres blown out and the back wheel had one blowout. But hats off to the pilot who took us safely. No bassinets, but the crew was cooperative and gave us a bassinet that could be placed down in the floor near your leg. I will vote against the machines (IA) but support the crew.

Singapore airlines - Awesome and hats off so far ! Had a tough time getting a bassinet for my baby as there was a code share with indian airlines (of all airlines - oh my god!). The indian airlines folks goofed up by not sending the bassinet request and food (vegetarian) to singapore airlines. But the staff was so accomodative enough that all the worries was sorted out effectively in the counter as well as in flight. Will always support them for their cooperation.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramy View Post
I guess it's not about service. It's about job professionalism. There is no problem with Air Hostess or employees, but it is management. Let me give snap shot of my exp.

Flight took off at Bangalore 60 mins late. Staff reassured that flight in Bombay will be waiting

Once we reached Bombay they took boarding passes and tore them off. They said your flight already left, you have to go next day. Some passengers noticed that few passengers are still boarded into US flight with flight nbr given in our boarding passes. When everyone made an issue about this they said, it's overbooked so we can not accommodate.

So their statement that flight took off was literal lie which is unprofessional. Also they deliberately delayed Bangalore flight which also they did not manage nicely

Then they said go to Delhi there is a flight. We reached delhi there is no flight. There AI staff said not sure why they sent you here. Only option is next flight starts tomorrow. Next day they listed the flight but again they say it's cancelled due to technical difficulties and part has to come from other country and you can fly only tomorrow.

By that time there were passengers of 2 days waiting. when every one made a big noise, they arranged a flight after 4 hours.

They should have made alternate arrangements before all this mess and 2 days of waiting. Consider people with infants.

I understand unfortunate things happen but deliberate lies due to mismanagement and moving you around just to buy time is completely unprofessional. I did not find this kind of unprofessionalism in other airlines, even though there are other bad experiences with them also.
There will be millions and millions of experience like or worse than this brother so dont worry. Next time while flying make a point to put on your worst attire and treat the trip (flight) as if you are going to a barber shop or meat market. Dont expect courteous behaviour and neither be courteous. In airports havn't you seen people dressing up as if they are going to present at an international seminar and also behaving as if they are meeting with the president?? That needs to change. That is a place full of desperate employees serving a bankrupt industry and so be prepared to experience the fallout of their economic woes. Yes I agree they (airlines) had a good time but it was a long time back. Concord is gone and so are all the goodies that come with flying. Long time back most of us used to get thrilled when the flying date gets near, right?? Now not even a retard looks forward for flying. Flying is the last option and only done when absolutely necessary. Everybody, almost every single person who ever flew had some kind of bad experience so what is the probability that you will also get it......100%

Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts

Air India service is not good. My wife runs an online travel agency. Last week one of the customer had to fly for his marriage. When he called air india to reconfirm they said there is no booking, even though he paid the whole money a month before.

Another family while returning from COK-BOM-USA after reaching BOM Air India said only father got the tickets while the kidz doesnt have any booking. The important thing here is that the family had travelled together from USA to India on Air India and the father was very upset. They lost one day at airport and the baggage.

Travel agents in USA dont sell Air India tickets normally because they get poor service from Air India.
Only travel agents make 10-20 as margin and at the end customer is going blame the travel agent or to make any changes it is going to take a hell lot of time. ( Usually it is very difficult )

Travel agents sell Air India ticket only if a customer specifically requests that.

Rajesh

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramy View Post

similar incident happened to my room-mate, may be little worse.

The airline was aerofloat (russian) in this case.

they boarded aircraft from bombay to ewr. aircraft started running on runway and after some unsuccessful attempts they came back to terminal. with everyone's surprise, the pilot announced that there is a techincal difficulty and unable to takeoff.

Next flight was after 48 hours and that too from delhi. No need to say my friend spend 24 hours also at moscow airport and finally reached newark after 4 days finally. All these with no ground staff at bombay by aerofloat. Being young students, my friend and his groups helped like a coolie to shuttle all other elderly passengers bags to hotel and so forth. He is a very fair person and still doesn't blame aerofloat. He bought the return ticket for 760 with tax, where other airlines used to charge like 1200 or so.

morale of the story: don't blame airindia for all the faults. I am sure there is lot to improve but it is not the only airline where things go bad. This is possible anywhere.

and lastly, the OP who blamed airindia for not allowing duty free stuff bought at NJ at frankfurt - don't blame AI. It is the airport staff of FRA and not AI.

For all those who think that only airindia is bad, go to google and search for reviews of any airline. Chances are very high that you will get such horror stories described by someone.

The OP somewhere has an attitude that he is too important and shouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately the world is not perfect.

Last edited by addsf345; 09-29-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Closed Thread