Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times
Click to log in with Facebook
Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times Receipt tracker, status tracker, processing times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
teky can only hope to improve
Default Horrible Air India

Experience with Air India

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

Father-in-Law (FIL) and Mother-in-Law with baby

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

Customer Service in Mumbai:

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Flight reaches Hyderabad:

The flight reached Hyderabad after change of flight in Mumbai.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

Last edited by teky; 09-29-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Air India rocks

On the contrary Air India is one of the best airlines now and I fly air India all the time .
You might not find young women in tight skirts as the cabin crew but the service of the middle aged Air-India crew is very good.
They have spanking new 777's with wide seats and latest entertainment systems. Tickets are real cheap and round trip to India can be as low as $650 to $700 with taxes per person . When flights are empty I can streach on 3 seats and sleep . JFK to Mumbai nonstop is only 13 hours , sometimes done in 12 also , which is what I spend sometimes when I travel from NYC to LA . On the contrary if you go through Europe it takes like 26 hours and immigration and all the hassle in London/Frankfurt and unecessary waste of time .Air India meals are Indian and not sphagetti and pasta like the western airlines( not to hurt the sentiments of the pasta , spagetti lovers ).
The staff is generous and many times I have been offerred multiple meals on the airline when they see that a person my size ( 6' 1) has to survive on a small morsel like that . . Drinks when asked are served generously.
The staff is very good and polite and last but not the least , it is my national airline .

Off course the airline has been affected because of some mismanagement and I consider the Indian government to be responsible for the same not the airline staff , cabin crew and pilots .

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default All these happend to me on NWA and Lufthansa as well

All these happend to me on NWA and Lufthansa as well. It is just that day and time.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold ksvreg is a splendid one to behold
Default it happens

Sorry to hear your inlaws trouble. It happens and sometimes concidentally it will be worst. Till today, they was a huge communication gap exists in Air line industry. Need to overhaul. But they ignored it or took it very low priority who knows. Nowadays I prepared to board airlines with a mindset of expected delays and questioning my self what happens if it is a major delay. (be preapred with prepaid cell phones, accommadations, food, medications, rental car etc.,)

Similary USCIS also need to streamline our case approvals and Visa dates. Need to overhaul the communication gap. World emerged and advanced on Intenet technologies but still big communication or new communications gap exist

Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about

Other Airlines are no good either, I have had much bitter experiences with other Airlines. Air India is much better and I always travel by Air India.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
All these happend to me on NWA and Lufthansa as well. It is just that day and time.
I have worst experience flying Gulf Air. I have never again used that airline. They treat you like bad and only way to get your rights is to fight and create a scene which I cannot do so best option is to avoid that airline.

I had recent experience with continental the flight got cancelled but the staff was good they immediately gave me tickets to Virgin Atlantic (which was earliest departure) but I had Advanced Parole and so could not take VA. Then I asked if I can get Qatar Airways and they did not ask any questions immediately booked me qatar. So my experience with continental at ticketing desk was awesome but the staff inside was not that great they were just Ok.

I feel Qatar is the best airline to fly. I prefer that one for now.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

Whats the point ?? Talking crap of the national airlines , on an immigration forum.

You should go and talk about this on some travel/airlines forums.

IV should not allow these kinds of threads, which waste server space.

On the contrary , spend more money , and travel in Lufthansa.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
On the contrary Air India is one of the best airlines now and I fly air India all the time .
You might not find young women in tight skirts as the cabin crew but the service of the middle aged Air-India crew is very good.
They have spanking new 777's with wide seats and latest entertainment systems. Tickets are real cheap and round trip to India can be as low as $650 to $700 with taxes per person . When flights are empty I can streach on 3 seats and sleep . JFK to Mumbai nonstop is only 13 hours , sometimes done in 12 also , which is what I spend sometimes when I travel from NYC to LA . On the contrary if you go through Europe it takes like 26 hours and immigration and all the hassle in London/Frankfurt and unecessary waste of time .Air India meals are Indian and not sphagetti and pasta like the western airlines( not to hurt the sentiments of the pasta , spagetti lovers ).
The staff is generous and many times I have been offerred multiple meals on the airline when they see that a person my size ( 6' 1) has to survive on a small morsel like that . . Drinks when asked are served generously.
The staff is very good and polite and last but not the least , it is my national airline .

Off course the airline has been affected because of some mismanagement and I consider the Indian government to be responsible for the same not the airline staff , cabin crew and pilots .
I agree buddy .. We should fly AI and help it survive the crisis, rather than paying money to other Airlines.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default My experience with AI has and IA has been good so far

I also had only positive experience with AI. My bad experiences with airlines are only with Gulf based ones. All Gulf based carriers treat you like shit and charge extra for the bad treatment.

Quote:

Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default similar exp

I had similar experience in 2007. I had to shuttle 2 to 3 days between bombay and delhi airports. AI staff (outside) are not professional.

But i heard similar stories reg Lufthansa, Air France also even though they are not so worst and so frequent.

still i never travelled in AI after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute

I like Singapore Airlines. They are good and on time, when ever I traveled with them from west coast. I never traveled with AI and don't think I will go with them in the future. I would rather try Jet Airways as I heard good things about them.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:

Agreed 100% with you. I had traveled to India by British Airways, Cathay pacific, Gulf and Air India ( thrice ) and I can say the best service is from AI compared to all others. I had once traveled with BA with my 1 year old son and had some horrific experience with them. Again had to travel when he is 1 year 7 months old in Air India. Experience with AI was many times better compared to BA. Being all hostess are Indian they understand and take things personally to help you out of situation where as ALL other airlines go by rules and had no sympathy to its passenger problems.

AIR INDIA ROCKS.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default this is the reason

I bought my own private jet and I travel in that only. On top of it , to keep an eye on my own private jet's schedule(which flies only for me) I got website developed as well.

Also, I got 5 strippers (sorry air hostess) to entertain me during the flight. Guys if you want to fly in my Private jet and avail all the facilities on board please call my dreamland office and speak to Ms. Fantasy and book up a ticket to neverland.

Adios

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default Customer Service is Terrible

They are cheap compare to other airlines and if you travel from JFK,there is direct flight to Mumbai, it will take you there in 13 hours, which is really good....offcourse the Air India staff are not professional, I have no right words to explain about them, in a scale 1 to 10, I will not even rate them as '1'........if you miss connection in Mumbai, then you have to struggle like any thing, nobody will help out...no proper plan at all....they feel that they are kings and can do any thing.....not at all customer friendly, If I am the boss for AI, first I will train them how to treat the customers, if they refused to learn, I will fire them.....yes, just firing is the solution.....

Let me know guys, If there is any website to complaint about the CS, we all should complaint about them, at least they will change little......

Old 09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all

I agree with the OP that Air India is one of the worst airlines for service. I have travelled a lot in AI due to company policy peviously.

Now that I dont have any obligation, I always prefer Singapore and Cathay pacific. They rock!!!

Excellent service (specially for elderly people and kids), fresh food and reasonable prices.

Closed Thread