Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Premium processing of 140
Click to log in with Facebook
Premium processing of 140 Specific to premium processing only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhaskar_80 will become famous soon enough Bhaskar_80 will become famous soon enough
Default I 140 Approved (Change of Employer)

Hi All,

I am currently working for a company A (Financial position not Good and lay offs are happening) which is sponsoring my Green Card. I am on EB2 priority date (OCT 2009). My PERM and I-140 are approved and waiting for my priority date to become current.

Meanwhile I have got a new position with company B and company B is willing to sponsor my Visa as well as my Green Card. What do i need in order to retain my priority date. I think I can port my priority date to the PERM process of company B.
Also let me know what documents do I need to have with me once I join the new company so that when I file for labor from company B I can retain my priority date as OCT 2009.

I would be happy if somebody can help me with your valuable inputs on this regard.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute
Default get a copy of I-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaskar_80 View Post
Hi All,

I am currently working for a company A (Financial position not Good and lay offs are happening) which is sponsoring my Green Card. I am on EB2 priority date (OCT 2009). My PERM and I-140 are approved and waiting for my priority date to become current.

Meanwhile I have got a new position with company B and company B is willing to sponsor my Visa as well as my Green Card. What do i need in order to retain my priority date. I think I can port my priority date to the PERM process of company B.
Also let me know what documents do I need to have with me once I join the new company so that when I file for labor from company B I can retain my priority date as OCT 2009.

I would be happy if somebody can help me with your valuable inputs on this regard.
Get a copy of I-140 and make sure that the company A does not withdraw your I-140

Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaskar_80 View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your position.

First and foremost is maintain your legal status. Till when is your H1B valid? Ask company B to file for H1B immediately.

Yes, Copy of approved I-140 is very important.
You will have to start all over with the labor process once again with company B. This is in case you have not applied for your I-485 yet. The labor process starting from PWD to approval should take approx 4 to 6 months. Once labor is approved then obtaining I-140 from date of filing for it will take approx 4 months. This is the time you will need your copy of old approved I-140 for "Porting the date"

Good luck!
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhaskar_80 will become famous soon enough Bhaskar_80 will become famous soon enough

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. My H1 Visa is valid for another 2.5 years. Jan 2011 when i went to my country I got the Visa stamping also valid for the next 2.5 years.

I have read about Refiling labor and I-140 from the new company from the beginning as I did not file for I-1485.

Copy of Approved I-140??? Do you mean the approval notice? Please let me know

Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stlouisguy is a name known to all stlouisguy is a name known to all stlouisguy is a name known to all stlouisguy is a name known to all stlouisguy is a name known to all stlouisguy is a name known to all
Default Mango23

Yes you need to take your I-140 xerox copy atleast from your employer, then you can retain your old priority date while filing again

2.5 yrs-> you have enough time to clear Labor and 140, first transfer your H1B then you start your green card process again