Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Premium processing of 140
Click to log in with Facebook
Premium processing of 140 Specific to premium processing only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jackrock79 is a glorious beacon of light jackrock79 is a glorious beacon of light jackrock79 is a glorious beacon of light jackrock79 is a glorious beacon of light jackrock79 is a glorious beacon of light
Default I-140 RFE on Degree Certificate

I received an RFE on my I-140 case about my Bachelor's Degree. The RFE states that
petitioner did not submit evidence that the beneficiary has Bachelor's degree.

The evidence needed was:
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record showing advanced degree with transcripts
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record has U.S. bachelors or foreign equivalent degree and having atleast 5 yrs of post-baccalaureate experience
If the beneficiary completed his education outside the US, in addition to the beneficiary's official academic record, please submit a detailed advisory evaluation of beneficiary's credentials.

I have submitted my BE degree certificate document when we applied for I-140
The PERM requirements were Bachelor's + 5 yrs

I have a Bachelors (4 yrs B.E) and Master's in CS ( 2yrs) from US and progressive 7 yrs of experience. I dont understand why would USCIS need a evaluation of my education. I also have 2 approved I-140's from previous companies where I never got an RFE for education evaluation.

Do I still need to submit the evaluation of my Bachelor's degree or is it ok to just submit my degree certificate?
If I have to get the evaluation done then which agency does this evaluation?

Last edited by jackrock79; 09-29-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same RFE but for an H-1B, the lawyer thought that the RFE was inappropriate, they shouldn't be questioning a bachelor's degree once you have your Master's here.

In any case, the lawyer got my educational evaluations done. They got it done themselves, but in my research I found an academic equivalency evaluation was between $100-$200. Might be totally worth it! A quick google search will give you plenty of results.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrock79 View Post
I received an RFE on my I-140 case about my Bachelor's Degree. The RFE states that
petitioner did not submit evidence that the beneficiary has Bachelor's degree.

The evidence needed was:
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record showing advanced degree with transcripts
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record has U.S. bachelors or foreign equivalent degree and having atleast 5 yrs of post-baccalaureate experience
If the beneficiary completed his education outside the US, in addition to the beneficiary's official academic record, please submit a detailed advisory evaluation of beneficiary's credentials.

I have submitted my BE degree certificate document when we applied for I-140
The PERM requirements were Bachelor's + 5 yrs

I have a Bachelors (4 yrs B.E) and Master's in CS ( 2yrs) from US and progressive 7 yrs of experience. I dont understand why would USCIS need a evaluation of my education. I also have 2 approved I-140's from previous companies where I never got an RFE for education evaluation.

Do I still need to submit the evaluation of my Bachelor's degree or is it ok to just submit my degree certificate?
If I have to get the evaluation done then which agency does this evaluation?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote