Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future rockrocky has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Great job IV

Everyone at IV deserves kudos for this job. This includes Pappu, Aman, Anu, Admins, you and me too. We all are part of IV and IV is what it is today because of all of us.

From the story, I could understand that the family got the American dream back in their life because of the efforts of IV.
Few straight questions to the family would be .. how much would you value that dream? If there was no organization like IV, how much were you going to spend on attorney fees and all? And the biggest of all, how much would you spend to get the sleep at night knowing that someone is pursuing the case as if their own dream is at stake?

Think about it.

Everyone needs to think about these questions and support such an organization which could come handy in situations like these. The organization like IV could not survive by just that particular family's donations. We all supported and donated. And we did it for each other. You never know on which side of law you are going to land. But we all know that IV and IV community will be on your side to get the American dream back on track.

IV Rocks!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rockrocky; 04-27-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: correcting
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job IV and thanks TECHLA for sharing your journey!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice
Default inspiring story!

Big thanks to IV!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
srisra is on a distinguished road
Default Great Job

Great job IV.
God bless u all.
IV is the only hope.
I-140 Approved in Feb-07
I-485 LUD on 9/19/2007
FingerPrints on 11/2007

Old 04-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the person has a profile here

Member Profile

Hats off to IV for helping this dude.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

Congrats and thank you for sharing this with everyone.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kiran24 is on a distinguished road
Default Awsome!!

great job IV!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2004
Compare
chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold
Default Go IV

Good Job IV
contributed $200 so far
Sent the letters for Administration Reforms
Called the congressmans- All the listed ones

Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrocky View Post
Everyone at IV deserves kudos for this job. This includes Pappu, Aman, Anu, Admins, you and me too. We all are part of IV and IV is what it is today because of all of us.

From the story, I could understand that the family got the American dream back in their life because of the efforts of IV.
Few straight questions to the family would be .. how much would you value that dream? If there was no organization like IV, how much were you going to spend on attorney fees and all? And the biggest of all, how much would you spend to get the sleep at night knowing that someone is pursuing the case as if their own dream is at stake?

Think about it.

Everyone needs to think about these questions and support such an organization which could come handy in situations like these. The organization like IV could not survive by just that particular family's donations. We all supported and donated. And we did it for each other. You never know on which side of law you are going to land. But we all know that IV and IV community will be on your side to get the American dream back on track.

IV Rocks!!!!!!!!
I second this thought!

If everything could have been solved with money alone, this case or our current situation would be non existent.

Its about the hard work that Aman and Pappu put into this organization, there by touching all our lives. Dealing with bureaucracy is not easy and there is no instant gratification either. Thanks for your patience, continuous and tireless work.

Congratulations to teachla and family.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold

Very encouraging to read this.
Congratulations to teachla and thanks to IV. It is good to know that IV is there for this community.
GO IV!

Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Job !!!

Great Job IV !!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachla View Post
Hats off to IV to have salvaged a hopeless denied I 140 case, not only bringing it back to life but seeing it through the approval process. We got the I 140 approval yesterday after a wait of 3 years ( Priority date in early 2003).

I took some time to write a brief synopsis of our journey- Last summer, we sold our home….nothing big considering that millions of folks buy and sell homes every year either to trade up or for financial reasons. We sold our home since my husband’s I-140 was denied by USCIS, my husband was on his 9th year H1B and we were on the brink of leaving the US. Given the timing of the denial & state of the housing situation in Aug 2009 when the financial crisis was unfolding, we did not want to get caught in a mess trying to sell a house not knowing if we would have a positive equity and be under a dead line to exit the country.

We came to US in 1999 when my husband enrolled in the business school. When he was graduating, the dot com bubble of 2000-01 has burst but evidently we got lucky and he got job with a Fortune 500 company. His company filed his LC in early 2003 that would not be looked in to until 2007 when the BEC in Dallas approved his LC. USCIS sent his company a RFE for the I-140 filed during the July Fiasco since INS did not agree to his company’s argument that his case was EB-2 as his employer had not mentioned the word ‘Progressive’ in the Job AD for his LC in spite of him having his masters degree, a minor technical error I would say that would turn our life upside down in later years. His employer argued for EB-2 in the RFE but agreed on the application to be downgraded to EB-3. However, USCIS sat on it for an additional 12 months and eventually denied it in early 2009. My husband’s employer appealed to the AAO.. but it was taking 24 months for appeals office to rule on cases and to complicate things further- my husband’s company’s contract with the client he was working was reaching its end of life the same month and to top it all his company got sold/merged in to another Fortune 100 company. Could the script get an more complex?

As a last resort, whis his company and their lawyers ( one of the biggest in the country) and other BIG name immigration lawyers had given up on him and were asking him to reloacte to some where in Europe or to India....my husband contacted IV and they saw the merit in his case and how his case was mishandled and mismanaged by the multiple parties involved on both sides and took it on with INS. It was constant communication with INS, and various individuals in USCIS bringing their attention to the case that AAO ruled on it last month resulting in an approval. Hats off to the dedication and efforts shown by IV, taking time to understand what a family goes through when mistakes get done by immigration lawyers and reaction of government agencies and the fact that there are individuals and human beings behind those approvals and denials whose life gets turned upside down or downside up depending on the end result. The world of the Legal Skilled Immigrant community should be thankful to Pappu, Aman and many others at IV who are fighting for us every single day, hats off to them for the way they executed during the July fiasco in 2007 and having touched families like mine and thousands of others ( how many of you have your wife's working on EAD beacuse of July 2007 fiasco???) in a way that we do not have words to describe… At the end, all is well that ends well, this is a very small event in the life’s journey but the company that you keep and the friends that you make while we travel on this journey makes it worthwhile and cherisable..! Again, thank you IV and the folks who run the day to day activites ( I believe that most of them have their GC's for quiet some time now but continue to work for our community) there meeting and greeting the folks in DC, with USCIS trying to push for immigration reform and making sure that our interests are not highjacked and every one there who is working tirelessly for immigrants like myself to make this journey a little less painful …! Cheers..!

I dont Understand ..May be I am fool .., My I140 was denied in Jul2008 and the appeal is still at AAO for the past 20 months+. And Your I140 denied in 2009 and you are able to get reply from AAO ? and My Attroney informed me that we can do nothing but wait if it is in AAO.will you please give me some more information so that I can pass it to my employer and attorney and follow with them.? do we need any letter fro congressman?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of teachla has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I would like to share some information that I can make public. Initially, I had contacted the congressman in my district and the senator as well. They wrote to USCIC and got a prompt repsonse back- the case is with in the USCIS AAO appeals processing times 25 month wait for taking up appeals case. Unless you know the senator or congressman personally, who would be willing to get USCIS director on phone, your best chance is their immigration liason in their field offices who produce a routine letter and send it across, response usually is what we received and there is not much the congressman's office can do beyond that point. Many times these letters put pressure on the officers as they have to report back to the senator/congressman's office. If your case is confusing or is a difficult case, they might just deny the case under that pressure to rule in a timely manner. What you will be left with is fight an inefficient sysyem of denail- MTR-MTreconsider-AAO and immigration court.Do you have the money, time, nerve and motivation to go that far along? For us, we took it very coolly to make sure that we are not passing on the tension to kids and in the household, sold our home, while being ready to exit the country if need be and carry on with our lives somewhere else.

On a side note, the reorg of the departments the immigraion attorneys have lost the reach they had to talk to the adjudication officers. The max they can reach is to attend a seminar hosted by INS where they pay money to listen to an official or at most shake hands with him.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachla View Post
I would like to share some information that I can make public. Initially, I had contacted the congressman in my district and the senator as well. They wrote to USCIC and got a prompt repsonse back- the case is with in the USCIS AAO appeals processing times 25 month wait for taking up appeals case. Unless you know the senator or congressman personally, who would be willing to get USCIS director on phone, your best chance is their immigration liason in their field offices who produce a routine letter and send it across, response usually is what we received and there is not much the congressman's office can do beyond that point. Many times these letters put pressure on the officers as they have to report back to the senator/congressman's office. If your case is confusing or is a difficult case, they might just deny the case under that pressure to rule in a timely manner. What you will be left with is fight an inefficient sysyem of denail- MTR-MTreconsider-AAO and immigration court.Do you have the money, time, nerve and motivation to go that far along? For us, we took it very coolly to make sure that we are not passing on the tension to kids and in the household, sold our home, while being ready to exit the country if need be and carry on with our lives somewhere else.

On a side note, the reorg of the departments the immigraion attorneys have lost the reach they had to talk to the adjudication officers. The max they can reach is to attend a seminar hosted by INS where they pay money to listen to an official or at most shake hands with him.
Good decision of remaining calm in the face of a storm. Glad it paid off for your family.
GO IV

Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough

Its heart warming to see individual successes.
Congratulations
Fantastic Job IV
Hope IV will come through for all of us now.......