Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
sreeraghu is a jewel in the rough sreeraghu is a jewel in the rough sreeraghu is a jewel in the rough
Default Thanks! for sharing. I appreaciate IV

Thanks! for sharing. I appreaciate IV
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

I found another person like you. You can read about him Member Profile
.................................................. .................................................. ...................................
Posted by oceanlover (105) 1 hour 24 minutes ago

I did not go through the complete discussion on this thread and my post is not a response to any one in particular, but let me tell you my personal experience with IV.

- I joined IV in 2006 and was a very active member and participated and contributed in a lot of initiatives [Gandhigiri(2007), organizing for DC Rally, SanJose Rally etc... etc]
- I was active for a couple of years and got busy with my personal life and could not be active any more.
- In 2009 my I 485 EB2 case (I was the dependant, the primary applicants case was approved in 2008) was 'Withdrawn'... yes Withdrawn erroneously.
- It was extremely difficult to try to find out exactly why the application was withdrawn, USCIS could not provide me the information, they kept saying that the only information that was available was that the case was withdrawn and they would not be able to say why and that the file will be moved to the archives soon.
- After two months and working through Speaker Pelosi's office I got to know the reason of the withdrawal.. Our lawyer had send a letter to USCIS to withdraw the case erroneously.
- I called USCIS and requested them to reinstate the case as the case was withdrawn in error and the lawfirm (Fragomen) also reached out to USCIS through their liaison but to no avail
- To make the long story short.. after seeing my post for help on IV, the IV core reached out to me and put me in touch with a Immigration Officer who heard my story asked for some proof (I provided an affidavit from the lawyer saying that it was withdrawn in error) and reinstated my case in 2 weeks.
- This could never have happened without IV's intervention.
- I eventually got an interview and my 485 has been approved for a few months now.

The reason I am writing this to say that as far as I am concerned, whatever any one says and even if all that they say is true, IV is the only representation we have that watches out for our cause and I would not have my GC and would have had to go undergo a lot of trials and tribulations if it was not for IV.
GO IV.
.................................................. .................................................. ......

Last edited by eastindia; 04-29-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

One more testimonial of IV's dedication to our cause.
Thanks IV.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute

This reconfirms our belief in IV.

In the coming days we will be depending on your guidance that will hopefully bring relief to all our members.

Congratulations Teachla and ocean lover

Old 05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Hats of to IV for coming through!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachla View Post
Hats off to IV to have salvaged a hopeless denied I 140 case, not only bringing it back to life but seeing it through the approval process. We got the I 140 approval yesterday after a wait of 3 years ( Priority date in early 2003).

I took some time to write a brief synopsis of our journey- Last summer, we sold our home….nothing big considering that millions of folks buy and sell homes every year either to trade up or for financial reasons. We sold our home since my husband’s I-140 was denied by USCIS, my husband was on his 9th year H1B and we were on the brink of leaving the US. Given the timing of the denial & state of the housing situation in Aug 2009 when the financial crisis was unfolding, we did not want to get caught in a mess trying to sell a house not knowing if we would have a positive equity and be under a dead line to exit the country.

We came to US in 1999 when my husband enrolled in the business school. When he was graduating, the dot com bubble of 2000-01 has burst but evidently we got lucky and he got job with a Fortune 500 company. His company filed his LC in early 2003 that would not be looked in to until 2007 when the BEC in Dallas approved his LC. USCIS sent his company a RFE for the I-140 filed during the July Fiasco since INS did not agree to his company’s argument that his case was EB-2 as his employer had not mentioned the word ‘Progressive’ in the Job AD for his LC in spite of him having his masters degree, a minor technical error I would say that would turn our life upside down in later years. His employer argued for EB-2 in the RFE but agreed on the application to be downgraded to EB-3. However, USCIS sat on it for an additional 12 months and eventually denied it in early 2009. My husband’s employer appealed to the AAO.. but it was taking 24 months for appeals office to rule on cases and to complicate things further- my husband’s company’s contract with the client he was working was reaching its end of life the same month and to top it all his company got sold/merged in to another Fortune 100 company. Could the script get an more complex?

As a last resort, whis his company and their lawyers ( one of the biggest in the country) and other BIG name immigration lawyers had given up on him and were asking him to reloacte to some where in Europe or to India....my husband contacted IV and they saw the merit in his case and how his case was mishandled and mismanaged by the multiple parties involved on both sides and took it on with INS. It was constant communication with INS, and various individuals in USCIS bringing their attention to the case that AAO ruled on it last month resulting in an approval. Hats off to the dedication and efforts shown by IV, taking time to understand what a family goes through when mistakes get done by immigration lawyers and reaction of government agencies and the fact that there are individuals and human beings behind those approvals and denials whose life gets turned upside down or downside up depending on the end result. The world of the Legal Skilled Immigrant community should be thankful to Pappu, Aman and many others at IV who are fighting for us every single day, hats off to them for the way they executed during the July fiasco in 2007 and having touched families like mine and thousands of others ( how many of you have your wife's working on EAD beacuse of July 2007 fiasco???) in a way that we do not have words to describe… At the end, all is well that ends well, this is a very small event in the life’s journey but the company that you keep and the friends that you make while we travel on this journey makes it worthwhile and cherisable..! Again, thank you IV and the folks who run the day to day activites ( I believe that most of them have their GC's for quiet some time now but continue to work for our community) there meeting and greeting the folks in DC, with USCIS trying to push for immigration reform and making sure that our interests are not highjacked and every one there who is working tirelessly for immigrants like myself to make this journey a little less painful …! Cheers..!
Congratulations teachla
Gives many of us hope when we know IV is there to cover our backs. Great job IV.
Hope our advocacy efforts with CIR is also successful.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachla View Post
Hats off to IV to have salvaged a hopeless denied I 140 case, not only bringing it back to life but seeing it through the approval process. We got the I 140 approval yesterday after a wait of 3 years ( Priority date in early 2003).

I took some time to write a brief synopsis of our journey- Last summer, we sold our home….nothing big considering that millions of folks buy and sell homes every year either to trade up or for financial reasons. We sold our home since my husband’s I-140 was denied by USCIS, my husband was on his 9th year H1B and we were on the brink of leaving the US. Given the timing of the denial & state of the housing situation in Aug 2009 when the financial crisis was unfolding, we did not want to get caught in a mess trying to sell a house not knowing if we would have a positive equity and be under a dead line to exit the country.

We came to US in 1999 when my husband enrolled in the business school. When he was graduating, the dot com bubble of 2000-01 has burst but evidently we got lucky and he got job with a Fortune 500 company. His company filed his LC in early 2003 that would not be looked in to until 2007 when the BEC in Dallas approved his LC. USCIS sent his company a RFE for the I-140 filed during the July Fiasco since INS did not agree to his company’s argument that his case was EB-2 as his employer had not mentioned the word ‘Progressive’ in the Job AD for his LC in spite of him having his masters degree, a minor technical error I would say that would turn our life upside down in later years. His employer argued for EB-2 in the RFE but agreed on the application to be downgraded to EB-3. However, USCIS sat on it for an additional 12 months and eventually denied it in early 2009. My husband’s employer appealed to the AAO.. but it was taking 24 months for appeals office to rule on cases and to complicate things further- my husband’s company’s contract with the client he was working was reaching its end of life the same month and to top it all his company got sold/merged in to another Fortune 100 company. Could the script get an more complex?

As a last resort, whis his company and their lawyers ( one of the biggest in the country) and other BIG name immigration lawyers had given up on him and were asking him to reloacte to some where in Europe or to India....my husband contacted IV and they saw the merit in his case and how his case was mishandled and mismanaged by the multiple parties involved on both sides and took it on with INS. It was constant communication with INS, and various individuals in USCIS bringing their attention to the case that AAO ruled on it last month resulting in an approval. Hats off to the dedication and efforts shown by IV, taking time to understand what a family goes through when mistakes get done by immigration lawyers and reaction of government agencies and the fact that there are individuals and human beings behind those approvals and denials whose life gets turned upside down or downside up depending on the end result. The world of the Legal Skilled Immigrant community should be thankful to Pappu, Aman and many others at IV who are fighting for us every single day, hats off to them for the way they executed during the July fiasco in 2007 and having touched families like mine and thousands of others ( how many of you have your wife's working on EAD beacuse of July 2007 fiasco???) in a way that we do not have words to describe… At the end, all is well that ends well, this is a very small event in the life’s journey but the company that you keep and the friends that you make while we travel on this journey makes it worthwhile and cherisable..! Again, thank you IV and the folks who run the day to day activites ( I believe that most of them have their GC's for quiet some time now but continue to work for our community) there meeting and greeting the folks in DC, with USCIS trying to push for immigration reform and making sure that our interests are not highjacked and every one there who is working tirelessly for immigrants like myself to make this journey a little less painful …! Cheers..!
I am glad that things worked out for your family. Congratulations.
I also believe that IV is a tremendous organization and really works for this community. I have been a follower of IV for a long time, but only registered recently. It would be good if you could let us know what IV did that was different from others - and therefore got different results.
This I believe will not only let members know of what IV does, but also of how sometimes lawyers are clueless.
Thanks.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

This is like a miracle. What lawyears cant do , was done by IV.

Total contributions $120

Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
plshelpme will become famous soon enough

Goes to show that IV comes through for its members! I have sent a pm for advice, a response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
whattodo21 will become famous soon enough whattodo21 will become famous soon enough

Good job IV!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lost can only hope to improve

kudos guys!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future

Just bringing out IV's recent accomplishments to the forefront again.

IV team is working for us, as a community. It is high time that we support their initiatives (which is for our benefit!).

Thanks guys!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immig4me View Post
Just bringing out IV's recent accomplishments to the forefront again.

IV team is working for us, as a community. It is high time that we support their initiatives (which is for our benefit!).

Thanks guys!
second the thought!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Is help possible with DOL or is it only USCIS?