Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunnysunny is on a distinguished road
Default RFE on I-140, gurus please help

Gurus,

I got following RFE on my I-140,

"The Master of Science Degree does not appear to be equivalent to U.S. Master Degree. Do NOT send an additional "education evaluations" that are mere advisory opinion. Submit preponderance of evidence that the beneficiary's bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only."

My EB2 labor was approved long time ago. I have Master Of Science with Physics from India. I got my education evaluation from some institute NY that my Masters is equivalent US masters.

Gurus can you help what kind of solution that I needed for this RFE. They are asking not to submit education evaluations.

How do I prove that bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only?

Thanks
Sunny
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysunny View Post
Gurus,

"The Master of Science Degree does not appear to be equivalent to U.S. Master Degree. Do NOT send an additional "education evaluations" that are mere advisory opinion. Submit preponderance of evidence that the beneficiary's bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only."

My EB2 labor was approved long time ago. I have Master Of Science with Physics from India. I got my education evaluation from some institute NY that my Masters is equivalent US masters.

Gurus can you help what kind of solution that I needed for this RFE. They are asking not to submit education evaluations.

How do I prove that bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only?

Thanks
Sunny
is that evaluation a one-pager that also gets submitted with H1B? If so, you need a big detailed evaluation that goes over how many hours of coursework you did etc and how that adds up a US masters (similar subjects, similar number of hours etc)

Old 09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute

Let me take a shot at it. They are not looking for equivalence in the degree otherwise educational evaluation would have suffice. What they are looking for perhaps is that the requirement for your Master's Degree in Physics is same as the requirement for a similar degree in US. This is how I would proceed:

1. If you have 3 years Bachelor's degree, some of your master's level credits will be used up to bring you to US Bachelor's Degree equivalent. From my past experience this takes away at least one year worth of post baccalaureate credits.

2. Now you take the second year's credit (if it is a two years Master's Program) and list them one by one and compare it with requirement for Master's degree in US. I think it US requirement is typically 30-33 semester level credits in Physics related subjects only. If you have 30-33 post baccalaureate semester level credits in Physics you should be fine. Also you also need to provide evidence that the Master's courses that you have taken are equivalent to Master's courses in Physics, for that I guess you need to furnish documents from a competent authority declaring course by course equivalence.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute

That's a valid point. If course by course evaluation is not submitted, that's what they are looking for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_chahiye View Post
is that evaluation a one-pager that also gets submitted with H1B? If so, you need a big detailed evaluation that goes over how many hours of coursework you did etc and how that adds up a US masters (similar subjects, similar number of hours etc)

Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default Similar situation I was in

I had initially EB3 worked for 6 years and got laidoff. Then I got approved EB2 labor and filed again. It had a requirement of Masters or BS with 5 years exp.
I have B.Tech(IIT-D), MBA (Delhi) and YET they said that my degrees are not equivalent, since the labor said MS (computer science) and I had B.Tech (chemical) and MBA in Finance and Systems.
But I had US exp of 6 years by then. USCIS said NO MORE degree evaluation but submit preponderance of evidence that the beneficiary's bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only. They completely ignored the other exp clause on labor which mentions BS + 5 years.
My lawyer had to resubmit the evidence which she got it made especially from her source with specific mention of the courses Maths/Physics/Computers Science and its equivalence. Since you have MS in Physics there must be enough course that you would have taken in Math/Physics.
Hope this helps. Also check whether your labor is purely MS based or BS + x years exp. My lawyer said If it is second, then in that case if the evidence gets rejected she can still get it approved from higher authorities.
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by apb; 09-27-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare

So you got it approved as BS + 5 as opposed to Master's ?
Does the Master's and Bachelor degree requirement in labor says it should be in (specific) Engineering/Maths or any Bachelor/Master's Degree ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post
I had initially EB3 worked for 6 years and got laidoff. Then I got approved EB2 labor and filed again. It had a requirement of Masters or BS with 5 years exp.
I have B.Tech(IIT-D), MBA (Delhi) and YET they said that my degrees are not equivalent, since the labor said MS (computer science) and I had B.Tech (chemical) and MBA in Finance and Systems.
But I had US exp of 6 years by then. USCIS said NO MORE degree evaluation but submit preponderance of evidence that the beneficiary's bachelor and the master degree is U.S. equivalent based on educational records only. They completely ignored the other exp clause on labor which mentions BS + 5 years.
My lawyer had to resubmit the evidence which she got it made especially from her source with specific mention of the courses Maths/Physics/Computers Science and its equivalence. Since you have MS in Physics there must be enough course that you would have taken in Math/Physics.
Hope this helps. Also check whether your labor is purely MS based or BS + x years exp. My lawyer said If it is second, then in that case if the evidence gets rejected she can still get it approved from higher authorities.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2008
Compare
quizzer is infamous around these parts quizzer is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysunny View Post
Gurus,

Thanks
Sunny
Can you tell me your I140 receipt date and service center?

Old 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Dream;
So you got it approved as BS + 5 as opposed to Master's ?
Does the Master's and Bachelor degree requirement in labor says it should be in (specific) Engineering/Maths or any Bachelor/Master's Degree ?
No Got it approved showing equivalence to Masters. the requirement said Masters in CS/Math.
I 140 approved
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunnysunny is on a distinguished road

"apb" thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know what kind of evidence that lawyer has submitted?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Course details/credits and its corresponding equivalence with US credits.
It was very detailed and required approx 9 pages.
I 140 approved
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC approved Feb/17/2010

Old 09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts iqube00 is infamous around these parts
Default I had a similar experience

Is your case filed in Nebraska?

I have a 3 year Bachelors degree + a 1 year diploma and my labor was approved in EB3, but my I-140 got denied saying my Bachelors here is not equivalent to a US Bachelor's. I did a lot of reasearch afterwards and found out that no matter what I do Nebraska is not going to approve my case. My lawyer suggested that we refile my labor stating that an equivalent education is accepted. I had to restart the whole process again. I guess you can try all means of replying to RFE. If that works out great otherwise think on the lines of refiling my labor to suit the educational requirements you have. Good luck.

If you have any questions I will be glad answer those. I feel your pain. Good luck.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
arunsush is on a distinguished road
Default Me too

Had a similar exp. I have a 5 -year integrated MSc from IIT and got an RFE.
Had to do a course-by-course evaluation and it went through.

This was in NSC and was a EB2 case.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Mine also from Nebraska

.. Maybe it is a pattern??
I 140 approved
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC approved Feb/17/2010

Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
Rajwaitingon140 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iqube00: How many years of experience you had?

iqube00

What was your Labor Advertisement requirement was?

Can you focus light on my case...

My Labor was approved....under EB3 category

Job requirement
Bachelor Degree or Foreign Equivlant...
Experience 3 years
Training N/A

I have 3 years Bachelor + 2 years of Diploma and more than 5 years of exprience...do you think my I-140 will get approve?

Please guys put some lights ...after seeing this many case I am getting scared....

Thank you
RajWaitingon140
I-140 applied in Dec'2006 @ NSC and in process

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqube00 View Post
Is your case filed in Nebraska?

I have a 3 year Bachelors degree + a 1 year diploma and my labor was approved in EB3, but my I-140 got denied saying my Bachelors here is not equivalent to a US Bachelor's. I did a lot of reasearch afterwards and found out that no matter what I do Nebraska is not going to approve my case. My lawyer suggested that we refile my labor stating that an equivalent education is accepted. I had to restart the whole process again. I guess you can try all means of replying to RFE. If that works out great otherwise think on the lines of refiling my labor to suit the educational requirements you have. Good luck.

If you have any questions I will be glad answer those. I feel your pain. Good luck.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H1B2GC is on a distinguished road
Default get prepared!

I'm sorry to hear you got into the hands of well known NSC, they are known to take away your peace.

Think you have a Master Degree and lots of experience; finding a job will be simple, what are you doing in here where there is no future. I know you have wasted time and $ in USCIS decision wait, SCREW them up in a "same or similar" classification before you leave.

These are loosers, they can't provide justice to anyone.

Last edited by H1B2GC; 09-27-2007 at 07:18 PM.