Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Indonesia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jr8rdt is on a distinguished road
Default RFE on experience letter

I have included the experience letter to my I-140 but the USCIS doesn't like the content of it hence the RFE. How can I overcome this? I got the letter when I left the company 10 years ago . I came to the US after that. the letter was very broad not specific duties. it was signed using letter head by my manager. I thought it was OK. but apparently not.

Problem is the company is no longer in business. I am planning to have a letter from a coworker who now live in Canada instead and should it be notarized ? is one letter enough for RFE? Does it mean my ex co-worker should bring the letter to a lawyer in Canada and have it notarized? or can my lawyer send a notarized letter and ask him to sign?

do I have to mentioned that the company is no longer in business in the letter?should I write the letter my self or have my lawyer do it for me?

anybody has a sample letter for RFE experience letter?

THanks....
I need help.....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

You ask your Ex-coworker to draft a letter with detailed duties and responsibilities and print it on his current companies letterhead. You dont have to get it notarized. I did issue a similar letter for one of my friend, it was long long ago, don't have the format yet. btw, i did not notarized, I just printed, signed and mailed.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experience Letters

#1. Usually duration, designation and salary to be provided by company.

#2. The role or work related description can be provided by co-worker.

If RFE is related to #1, and company is closed, then lawyer (or yourself) has to present your case with whatever evidences are there (e.g. company is closed, follow up with ex-management to get certificates, etc).

Old 11-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Indonesia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jr8rdt is on a distinguished road
Default How to get notarized exp letter?

How to get a notarized experience letter?

should the exp letter be signed in front of the notary (this can be difficult because the person is overseas)? or can I just give the copy of the experience letter to the notary for him to notarized it? what is the process? anybody??

thanks

Old 11-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light

Also include some text which says that you were an fulltime employee (40 hrs per week)...

Old 11-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gcnoteasy is just really nice gcnoteasy is just really nice gcnoteasy is just really nice gcnoteasy is just really nice
Default Exp. Letter

You should write the job duties, salary , 40hrs.week and get it approved by the lawyer and then email to lawyer. Once lawyer approves you should send it to your friend in Canada and he should print I believe he can notarize in Canada and send it back to you or may be he can print in his company letter head. Thank you.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
750|140|765|131|485 is on a distinguished road
Default Here is a general layout of EXP letter !

If your co-worker is giving you the letter it makes more sense to have it notarized to make sure that he really signed it - Its okay if he signs in front of Canada or other countrie's notary public. Since this an RFE - you dont want to take any chances.

In general big companies wont issue this letter in this format and small companies disappear - so co-worker route is a pretty popular way !!

************* general layout , change accordingly ************

January 01, 2007

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87140
Lincoln, NE 68501-7140

Re: XXXX XXXXX

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I write this letter to verify that Mr. XXXX XXXXX worked at YYYY YYYYY from Aug 1998 until December 2004. During this period he worked 40 Hours per week.

During the period of employment at YYYY YYYYY Mr. XXXX XXXXX’s duty were to Analyze, Plan, Design, Develop and Test computer programs for Business applications using Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, JAVASCRIPT, JAVA, J2EE, XML, JSP, EJB, Hardware/Software Configurations, JDBC, ASP, VB6, DHTML, Linux, COM, DCom, Lotus Notes, Domino, SQL Server, DB2, and Informatica.

Mr. XXXX XXXXX rendered these services with the highest degree of responsibility and professionalism.

Sincerely,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnoteasy View Post
You should write the job duties, salary , 40hrs.week and get it approved by the lawyer and then email to lawyer. Once lawyer approves you should send it to your friend in Canada and he should print I believe he can notarize in Canada and send it back to you or may be he can print in his company letter head. Thank you.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750|140|765|131|485 View Post
I write this letter to verify that Mr. XXXX XXXXX worked at YYYY YYYYY from Aug 1998 until December 2004. During this period he worked 40 Hours per week.
I think, individual can not possibly give "worked in company from... to..." and "number of hours". Only company representative can can sign that. The ex-coworker can certify only that "YYYY YYYYY worked with me from... to ...".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750|140|765|131|485 View Post
Mr. XXXX XXXXX rendered these services with the highest degree of responsibility and professionalism.
Ex-coworker can say that "While working with me Mr. XXXX XXXXX has shown responsibility and professionalism".

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the scope of ex-coworker giving experience certificate is limited to "working together". For example, some one behaving good with you might not be good with someone else. In company records, he might not have good records due to that.

My lawyer strongly asked me that ex-coworker must write only on the basis of his own experience. He must not start representing company and start mentioning things like joining date (unless the person hired you), salary, etc.

Well, in any case, your lawyer should be your guide.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 11-24-2007 at 03:23 AM.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuram View Post
Also include some text which says that you were an fulltime employee (40 hrs per week)...
Assuming original poster from India, definition of Full Time Employment is 48 hours of work per week in private sector and 44 hours of work in most public sector. Many people make mistake on this ( Completely forgetting how they slogged...). 5 years back one of my friend got an RFE on this... Lawyer, through his internal sources came to know that INS had problem with the note regarding 40 hours of week as they knew in India, generally Public sector remained open for 44 hours. My friend was public sector employee in India.

Last edited by BharatPremi; 11-24-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amohale is on a distinguished road
Default jr8rdt, Dhundhun, wandmaker, experts

Please help me with my case.

I am changing my employment and trying to port my PD.The company I am joining is filing for a new Labor for me. My previous employer (A) with who I worked 5 years in US is not cooperating and is threatening to cancel my I-140. which is not a big deal because my I-140 has been approved for more than 180 days and I can retain the PD.

The problem is with their experience letter. I have a post dated letter from them which they gave recently mentioning 4 years and 11 months of experience out of 5.2 years I have worked with them. It is on company letterhead and lists my title, joining date, responsibilities but does not mention my skills: Java. This is a pure consulting firm with around 50 employees. I don't know any of the other employees except for one who I referred. she was with the company for almost 3 years during my 5 years stay.

the Perm that is getting filed for me required 5 years of experience. Since I cannot get a letter from someone in Company A showing all 5 years, is it ok to have this friend of mine show 3 years during her stay. I will not have a letter from a colleague for other 2 years.

So, it all boils down to, can my ex-colleague's affidavit for partial experience from a previous employer, along with a experience letter on company letterhead do the trick for me in case of a RFE. I will really appreciate your help in determining what is the best way to approach as I have other employment options available and my current employer is using every tactic to keep me back.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amohale is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone?

Anyone, please respond to my questions below.......... it will be a great help......