Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts
Default Iete

There is a good amount of evidence supporting IETE = US bach that would get you an approval. It is the same as AMIETE ... I think a google search for AMIETE may help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieteguy View Post
Hi,
I am in similar situation....my labor filed in march'08 and got approved in may. Filed i-140 in June (EB2: BS + 6yrs Exp). Got an RFE in nov. for additional support for IETE as equivalent to US BS. My lawyer responded with just another evaluation from professor stating iete is equivalent to BS in US. NSC denied stating the supporting evidence is not strong enough to prove that IETE is at same par as a BS in US(got denial notice). They clearly mentioned in the letter that the norms during H1-approvals and for VISA's at consulates are flexible but are very stringent at I-140 level. I am planning to appeal for this. If the basic problem is recognizing IETE as US equivalent of BS, then i think, taking EB3 path will not be of greater help.

I never thought that i would face this problem.

I think we all should act and do something to get IETE better recognition. It is very sad that even IETE web page do not have enough evidence to state that IETE is equivalent to BE. It just had some snippets of letters of recogniton from Ministry of HRD of India stating IETE should be accepted for "higher posts"...dont know what one should interpret that. Only soothing thing is UPSC recognition letter has one line stating IETE is equivalent to BE.

rgds
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
kpartha is on a distinguished road

I know many cases of AMIE rejected and it is all because of USCIS not recognizing the certificate of AMIE as equivalent to a BS degree. I remember recently reading somewhere one of the attorneys fought the case and got it approved. I dont exactly remember where, I am trying to find out. If I get hold of the name , I will pass it on to you.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ieteguy is infamous around these parts ieteguy is infamous around these parts
Default Thanks for responses

I got to see my RFE and response made by my law firm couple days ago...After seeing that i learned a lesson...never totally depend on your law firm fully.

The main point USCIS highlighed in RFE is to establish an evidence that either All India Technical Council or Association of Indian Universities has recognized IETE as four year equivalent engineering degree. My attorny totally skipped that step (dint even asked me to provide more details on my degree). Instead a response made totally based on an education evaluation from a prof. Which is definitely good but i think if my attorney would have attached the IETE recognition letters from AIU and Ministry of HRD, India which are directly available from IETE website, hope fully the USCIS decision would have been different.

I am also talking to one of the reputed law firm and their advice is to go for Appeal downgrading the case to EB3 which according to them has more success rate. they said MTR has very little chance of winning. The sad thing is Appeal would take couple of years to resolve and if priority dates open up, i can not apply for 485. But he said we can go for Writ of Mandamus which is an order from federal court to AAO to process the case immediately. But dont know how long to wait to go for writ of mandamus after appealing. Just waiting for response from my attorney. The law firm also suggested to start fresh labor in EB3.

I am planning to take a risk and go for MTR, the decision for which may come in few months. And if it fails, then i can go for Appeal(it is possible to do this, if appeal fails we can go for federal court but all takes time by when i am sure i can complete my doctorate and go for EB1 i guess). thought financial loss is better than falling back 1.5 years in queue and that too in EB3.

I would really appreciate, if you can point me to the case and attorney you are referring who won the appeal in similar case.

Thanks guys

Last edited by ieteguy; 03-26-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ieteguy is infamous around these parts ieteguy is infamous around these parts
Default IETE Recognition letters

HI,

I was wondering if any one submitted the IETE recognition letters from Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, UPSC, AIU etc. while applying for I-140 or in any response to RFE's. My RFE has indication to establish evidence that IETE is accredited by either AICTE or AIU. Off which AIU accredited IETE.

My attorney did not submit any of these letters in original I-140 or in response to RFE and my petition eventually got denied.

I am filing MTR with these additional letters as evidence.

Any idea if these letters help?

Regards

Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts Sheila Danzig is infamous around these parts
Default Yes, send the letters

Send the letters and have your attorney review and explain them carefully in his motion. Or have a professor do that and explain the equivalency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieteguy View Post
HI,

I was wondering if any one submitted the IETE recognition letters from Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, UPSC, AIU etc. while applying for I-140 or in any response to RFE's. My RFE has indication to establish evidence that IETE is accredited by either AICTE or AIU. Off which AIU accredited IETE.

My attorney did not submit any of these letters in original I-140 or in response to RFE and my petition eventually got denied.

I am filing MTR with these additional letters as evidence.

Any idea if these letters help?

Regards

Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Struggler is infamous around these parts
Default IETE Recognition letters

There is a consolidated copy of all recognition letters available on the web (including AIU). Will that help?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Amiete

Yes, but the legal brief and evaluation are also important in explaining these documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler View Post
There is a consolidated copy of all recognition letters available on the web (including AIU). Will that help?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kba381 is on a distinguished road

Mine also same qualification
Diploma+AMIE+MBA.. I got Green card in EB2 category. I dint get any RFE on my Qualification(AMIE).

Thanks
Ba

Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Compare
niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute

Just let everyone know, finally, my I140 in EB2 has been approved today. This has PD of 2001. It was earlier approved by TSC and revoked by NSC, and appealed and it sent back to NSC after 2 years, finally NSC stuck to their decision to revoke it. I have labor with BS+5 years or MS+3 years and eduction is Diploma+AMIETE+MS(1.5 years)-Pilani. We refiled the case again last August and received NOID few weeks back. Their point was that MS which is Masters of Science is equivalent to US Bachelors after 3/4-years Indian bachelor. EDGE database has Masters of Science is equivalent to US Bachelors. Since MS is also masters of science and they considering my masters as M.Sc. and sent NOID. I contacted AACRAO EDGE and asked them to clarify on MS and M.Sc. and update their database. They promptly responded and sent a clarifying letter to our attorney and USCIS and said that they would be updating EDGE database too. Looks like my approval is based on MS not on AMIETE.

It has been 11 years in this country and we refiled I140 exactly 10 years after my priority date.

All the best and thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
NSC has revoked my previously approved I140 from TSC since, now, NSC have strict interpretation of the degrees. Most of my friends got through with EB2 - AMIETE though that was a while back. It is my own LC and PD is 08/23/2001. They sent an intent to revoke notice before denying my case. We replied with very detailed evaluation equating AMIETE to US BS, but they still denied. The whole problem is because of my LC went to BEC and sat there for 5 years before got approved in Jan 2007. I applied another I140 with my MS (from BITS, Pilani and it was Sub LC) which they rejected too since they were not convinced that my MS is equivalent to US Masters.

Now, I am planning to appeal the decision (my own lc), but I didn't get denial notice yet. I want to get evaluation from two more sources and use them when I appeal. One of them I am thinking is WES. Does any one have success with their evaluation for AMIE or AMIETE from WES or any other agency recently? I believe I will have only 15 days to appeal since it is a revoked case.

Subsequent to I140 revokation, my I485 was also denied.

Any other pointers or help greatly appreciated..

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

This gives a new perspective to folks like me who think we are the worst off...stuck with a 2003 PD and surviving storms like Backlog Elimination Centers and Retrogression.

Good luck, hopefully things will be smoother for you (but don't count on it!).
Quote:
Just let everyone know, finally, my I140 in EB2 has been approved today. This has PD of 2001. It was earlier approved by TSC and revoked by NSC, and appealed and it sent back to NSC after 2 years, finally NSC stuck to their decision to revoke it. I have labor with BS+5 years or MS+3 years and eduction is Diploma+AMIETE+MS(1.5 years)-Pilani. We refiled the case again last August and received NOID few weeks back. Their point was that MS which is Masters of Science is equivalent to US Bachelors after 3/4-years Indian bachelor. EDGE database has Masters of Science is equivalent to US Bachelors. Since MS is also masters of science and they considering my masters as M.Sc. and sent NOID. I contacted AACRAO EDGE and asked them to clarify on MS and M.Sc. and update their database. They promptly responded and sent a clarifying letter to our attorney and USCIS and said that they would be updating EDGE database too. Looks like my approval is based on MS not on AMIETE.

It has been 11 years in this country and we refiled I140 exactly 10 years after my priority date.

New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bravo! Or should I say Jai Ho!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Compare
niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute niceguy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, hopefully things will be smoother for you (but don't count on it!). :

Thanks! I agree with you and I surely not counting on anything and assume nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
This gives a new perspective to folks like me who think we are the worst off...stuck with a 2003 PD and surviving storms like Backlog Elimination Centers and Retrogression.

Good luck, hopefully things will be smoother for you (but don't count on it!).

Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
miscrash is on a distinguished road
Default Help needed to contact AACRAO EDGE

Hi niceguy,

This is with reference to your post # 54
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3196505-post54.html (Approved EB2 I140 revoked - AMIE/AMIETE)

I am in a similar situation where I have recieved a notice of Intent to Deny from USCIS on my I-140 petition based on the premise that my masters is equivalent to a bachelors in US.

I have done 4 years of BE and 2 years of MS from BITS Pilani (I also have 8 years of professional experience prior to joining my employer who filed my PERM).

Could you please let me know the details of how you contacted AACRAO EDGE?

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks

Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Response sent to USCIS

Hi,

For those who might be following the thread, I just wanted to update that I got an education evaluation done from AACRAO EDGE and sent the same to USCIS in response to the NOID

As a supporting document for the evaluation, I sent across a memorandum from BITS Pilani stating that a 4 year degree is a pre-requisite for admission to the MS course offered by BITS Pilani. This course specifically carries the MS acronym to differentiate it from MSc. An MS from BITS Pilani is similar to an M Tech or ME.

The evaluation from AACRAO deemed that my (4 year BE + 2 year MS) equated to MS in a regionally accredited university from US.
My attorneys attached this transcript with the response to the NOID issued by USCIS.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default I-140 Approved

This is just a quick update that after sending in the response to the NOID, my I-140 was approved by USCIS earlier this week.