Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anandGC is on a distinguished road
Default H1B extension with pending MTR (not appeal to AAO) on I140.

Good morning! Please clarify for my case details given below :
Labor approved, I140 denied for ability to pay. Employer had filed MTR with current tax returns documents. The labor has been filed & approved less than 180 days and I140 pending with MTR. H1B expires in 15th May 2011 completing all six years and no recapture periods left.
The questions are:
1. Can I file an extension of H1 with pending MTR and with less than year old labor application?
2. Is it legal to stay in US after May 2011 while MTR is pending and H1 extension is filed before expiry?
3. In case, if the MTR is denied, would the illegal/out of status will start from 15th May 2011 or from the date the MTR is denied?

Thank you
Best regards,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

I had ask these questions on the attorney calls few months ago and this is what i got from it.

The questions are:
1. Can I file an extension of H1 with pending MTR and with less than year old labor application?
- No, need to have approved I140 in your case.
2. Is it legal to stay in US after May 2011 while MTR is pending and H1 extension is filed before expiry?
- Cannot file H1 extension with that
3. In case, if the MTR is denied, would the illegal/out of status will start from 15th May 2011 or from the date the MTR is denied?

- i think yes.
Please consult a lawyer to get reliable answers/second opinion.
Good luck.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
panks has a spectacular aura about panks has a spectacular aura about panks has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation additional clarifican to your answer

IN answer to your third question, you say yes. Its not clear , Yes to what ? Yes to date the MTR is denied or Yes to 15th May 2011 ?

- i think yes.
Good luck.[/quote]

Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

You would be out of status form 15th May 2011, should the MTR be denied. Not the date the MTR is denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks View Post
IN answer to your third question, you say yes. Its not clear , Yes to what ? Yes to date the MTR is denied or Yes to 15th May 2011 ?

- i think yes.
Good luck.
[/quote]