Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Multiple RFE for I-140

Does anyone have multiple RFE for I-140?

I am kind of curious to know if there is anyone like me in same boat. I got 2 RFE (off course one after another once we answer first one) for my I-140 in year 2008. First RFE I got it regarding ability to pay which we answer in January 2008. I got another RFE in August 2008. Second RFE was kind of mix of ability to pay and education validation. For second RFE they ask for university transcript, all experience letter matching with job description from labor certificate, last year's W2 and company's last year bank statement(year 2007). It was one of the huge list I had seen from USCIS.

Long story short what the hell are they doing with all documents they are asking from us? Its being 3 and half months we have answer 2nd RFE but there is no single response from NSC except they have received the documents and processing has resumed. My I-140 is stuck at NSC from January 2007. How long do I have to wait to get my I-140 approval?

How do I can contact NSC to know what the hell are they doing with my I-140? Guys share your experience so we all can prevail this another backlog mess.
)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about
Question Anyone in same boat

Please reply.
)

Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAllGreen View Post

I am kind of curious to know if there is anyone like me in same boat. I got 2 RFE (off course one after another once we answer first one) for my I-140 in year 2008. First RFE I got it regarding ability to pay which we answer in January 2008. I got another RFE in August 2008. Second RFE was kind of mix of ability to pay and education validation. For second RFE they ask for university transcript, all experience letter matching with job description from labor certificate, last year's W2 and company's last year bank statement(year 2007). It was one of the huge list I had seen from USCIS.

Long story short what the hell are they doing with all documents they are asking from us? Its being 3 and half months we have answer 2nd RFE but there is no single response from NSC except they have received the documents and processing has resumed. My I-140 is stuck at NSC from January 2007. How long do I have to wait to get my I-140 approval?

How do I can contact NSC to know what the hell are they doing with my I-140? Guys share your experience so we all can prevail this another backlog mess.
Please take your Senator or Congressman/Congresswoman help. Though it is not a sure shot, you are better off trying then not trying. Its a simple process, call your Senator and tell them that your application is struck at NSC for more than 2 years. They will take it from there; they will ask you all the documents they need.

My I-140 got approved after my local Senator called them.

Last edited by sathweb; 02-04-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Post Do you have any format to write a letter to senator?

Thanks four response. Do you have any format to write a letter to Senator or congressman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathweb View Post
Please take your Senator or Congressman/Congresswoman help. Though it is not a sure shot, you are better off trying then not trying. Its a simple process, call your Senator and tell them that your application is struck at NSC for more than 2 years. They will take it from there; they will ask you all the documents they need.

My I-140 got approved after my local Senator called them.
)

Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough sathweb is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks four response. Do you have any format to write a letter to Senator or congressman?
I created a letter by myself with detailed explanation of my problem. That included My I-140 and I-485 and my wife details as well. That was not necessary though.

Most senators have their own "PRIVACY ACT RELEASE FORM" on their website. If you call them they will explain you what they need and they will fax you the empty forms. Trust me; they will guide you in the right direction. All you need to do is to call your local Senator office, they are very professional.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2008
Compare
prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough
Default Similar situation and phone call helped

Quote:

I had got multiple RFE's on my I-140. I got the first one in Oct 2008, and got the second one about a month after our response to the first. We responded to the second RFE on Nov 5th, 2008 and the status changed to "Case processing resumed", and even after 60 days there was no decision made on the case as promised. My lawyer placed a phone call on Jan 18th (I believe she opened a SR) and application got approved on the 20th. Just sharing my experience.

Thanks,
Prasad

Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are merely a beneficiary of 140 application, the petitioner is your GC sponsoring company - only the company or representative has the authority to make inquiries. First step, you should ask your attorney or company to call USCIS and mention that your 140 is outside processing time and also you had responded to an RFE , it has passed standard response/decision time (usually 60 days) - ask the CSR to open an SR. For the most cases that I know, this has triggered a decision with in 45 days from the date of SR. Hope this helps.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
You are merely a beneficiary of 140 application, the petitioner is your GC sponsoring company - only the company or representative has the authority to make inquiries. First step, you should ask your attorney or company to call USCIS and mention that your 140 is outside processing time and also you had responded to an RFE , it has passed standard response/decision time (usually 60 days) - ask the CSR to open an SR. For the most cases that I know, this has triggered a decision with in 45 days from the date of SR. Hope this helps.
I totally agree with you. Legally thatís all you could do.

But if you approach your Senator office, all they wanted to know is that your GC is dependent on it. When Senator sends congressional enquiry, USCIS does not question Senator about who requested.

I am not sure about legality of it; as long as it works go for it. Before asking Senatorís help, try your attorney and SR etc, mention in your letter to Senator that you tried all avenues before approaching him.