Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
asdeepu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolngood4u80 View Post
I recently renewed my passport at houston.. Went in person, paid the tatkal fees and the passport was ready by 4pm on the same day. Didn't have any issues. I would suggest to go in person If you are in Texas

If I have to go in person, do I need to get an appointment at CGI Houston?.....pls reply!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdeepu View Post
If I have to go in person, do I need to get an appointment at CGI Houston?.....pls reply!!!
Yea and No.

just make sure you go to the new address. It's no longer on post oak. Walk in and stand in line..I think the time is from 9am to 12pm for submitting apps....at 4pm for taking delivery.

i'm not sure why you're going but in many cases they have online apps that you need to fill and print and that app has a date on that (which you select from a lost of options)...that's they day you go but there is no time specified.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kosars is just really nice kosars is just really nice kosars is just really nice kosars is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungalee43 View Post
I applied for passport renewal for both myself and my wife on Sept 16, 2011. I had a 20 year validity passport issued in Mumbai and was valid for seven more years. My wife’s 10 year validity passport issued in Washington DC was due to expire in 3 months. We enclosed both the applications in same envelope.
We faced the address problem mentioned in this thread. However Fed-Ex redirected the delivery and it reached one day later than the originally planned date to the correct address.
I received in hand my new passport in 10 business days. After waiting for two days, yesterday I called CGI Houston for my wife’s passport. The lady told me that they were waiting for clearance from Washington DC from where the old passport was issued. However she took my phone number and promised to call back in 15 minutes. She did call back in 10 minutes informed me that embassy in DC had cleared it and we would get the passport by Friday. However I was surprised to receive another call from Houston close to 6 p.m. yesterday. The same lady was on line again. This time she told me that my wife’s passport was ready and if I wanted to note the Fed-Ex tracking number. That completely stumped me. We received the passport by FedEx at 10.00 a.m.
If you dont mind me asking, Which is the number you called? I have been trynig for 3 days, could not speak to anybody. My passport has been with them for 5 weeks and I have atrip planned jusy before christmas.

Thanks

Please let me know
EAD cards recieved 1st Sep 07
AP approved Sep 14th 07
FP sceduled for 18th Sep
LUD on I140 7/28/07
checks cashed 8/23/07
Contrribution $300 plus $50 recurring

Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Passport Renewal

Mailed my appln packet today........paid tatkal fee........keeping y fingers crossed.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Phone Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpanda View Post
I had a very pleasent experience with CGI Houston. I received my passport in 1 day for TATKAL 'MAIL' SERVICE for JUMBO passport. Below is the sequence of events:

19th Sept 2011

a. Sent passport for renewal with all documents thru priority Fedex at 5 PM ET.
b. Paid $220 ($50 app fee for JUMBO passport + $150 Tatkal fee + $20 for return mail)

20th Sept 2011

a. Passport application was received by the consulate at 9.30 AM signed by one Mr. K. KASULA
b. I tried to call their phone number every 1 hour till 3.30 PM ET - No response.
c. I found out the CONSUL GENERALs number, called the same.
d. A lady picked up. I explained her that I need passport urgently.
f. She mentioned passport is a different section and if I have paid the fees for Tatkal, passport section will diligently do their work.
g. She mentioned that CGI consulate employees to their job and only in some special cases where a prior approval is needed fom the India passport office, there is a delay.
e. I told her that I understand her point of view. But told her that CGI Houston should do a better job at communication. Even if they cannot pick up the phone, they can just email saying, there is a delay or some kind of automated status update on their website. Without which people will obviously get frustrated.
g. Also I told her that the general contact numbers are of no use. No body picks up the phone. The machine always says that 'there is no body to take your call' (even during 2-4PM).
f. She offered me help and asked me my Name and Phone number. She said, she will get in touch with the passport section and see what she can do.
g. I asked her name and she did not give it.
h. The lady seemed to be very nice and professional. It sounded like she is highly educated and showed genuine concern for people's frustration.

21st Sept 2011

a. At 10 AM ET, I received a phone call from the same lady with whome I spoke on 20th Sept.
b. She told that my passport was issued yesterday itself and dispatched thru priority Fedex. I thanked her, she wished be luck.
c. 10.30 AM ET, Fedex delivered my new passport.
e. Although their website says they are out of JUMBO, I took my chance and applied for JUMBO.
f. I received a JUMBO passport with 60 pages. I do lot of international travel and this definately helps.

SO ALL IN ALL RECEIVED PASSPORT IN HAND IN 40 HRS THRU TATKAL 'MAIL' SERVICE. Thanks to the Mystery Lady in CGI Houstan.

Good Luck to all!!
Can you please share the phone number that you called......thank you

Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Huuurrrrrrrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

I got my passport renewed at CGI Houston. I mailed on Wed Dec 14th at 1:00 PM through Fedex Express, reached CGI Houston on Thu Dec 15th at 10:30 PM. On THu Dec 15th at around 6:00 PM I called Fedex just out of curioisty and asked them if I have any package. They asked for the tracking number but I told them that I don't have one and they asked me for my address. Waaaalllllllllaaaaaaaaa I had a package from CGI Houston ..........I asked them to hold it at their facility and next day Friday Dec 16th I picked up my passport at 9:00 AM. I got a brand new passport with 10 years validity.

I don't understand one thing.....the passport type is P. In my old passport the type field is blank ..........any comments???

Old 12-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Consul General's number

I had called consul general's number ending in 3153. You have to try it a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosars View Post
If you dont mind me asking, Which is the number you called? I have been trynig for 3 days, could not speak to anybody. My passport has been with them for 5 weeks and I have atrip planned jusy before christmas.

Thanks

Please let me know

Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
KIRAN1234567 is on a distinguished road
Default qns..

have few qns

I filed online and i have entered wrong address in the Permananet address... How to edit it or correct it ? The print i have is the wrong address which i dont want .

can i file again electronically ? or how to change to correct address ?

secondly
Am filing at housto

n indian embassy,I have the least letter..

For the second proof, i dont have DL ID...can the utility bills like bank or cell phone will be accepted ??? i dont have electrcity or water bills on me.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
solomonraj is on a distinguished road
Default Passport renewal experience - Houston

03/08/2012
Sent passport for renewal with all documents thru priority Fedex at 1.00 PM CST.
Paid $210
03/09/2012
Package reached Houston on 03/09/2012 9.00 AM
03/12/2012
Called FedEx to confirm if they have a package for me. FedEx agent searched for my package based on my address and confirmed that I have a package from the consulate.
03/12/2012
Got my passport on 03/12/2012 2.00 PM CST.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ranger12 is on a distinguished road
Default Houston Embassy is horrible

I sent my passport more than six weeks back. I called two weeks back to enquire. They could not locate my passport. I have confirmation from FedEX and they have signed to receive it. They asked me to call next day so that they can research. I am trying to reach them 1000 times, but not able to get thru'. I have send several emails, fax and left voice mail when i could (Most of the times mail box is full).

I am not sure, what else to do. IF this is the way indian govt. treats indian citizen, then there is no point being citizen. I have green card from past 15 year and did not apply US citizenship till now, thinking that i love my india.