Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj727 is on a distinguished road
Default notarized

if you are going in person then no nead to notarized, only if you are sending by mail you nead to notaarize.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
KOEL is on a distinguished road

I have applied for renewal of my Indian passport w at CGNY by mail. Can anyone pls tell me how long does it take for CGNY to issue passport if they require clearance from indian passport office in India. My passport was issued in Bhubaneswar India in 2000 and their records were most probably not computerized back then.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj727 is on a distinguished road

you should receive your passport renewed with in two weeks from date of submition by hand, if not contact them.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amindarshana is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Passport renewal at NY - Need Police clearance from mumbai

My Original passport was issued at mumbai in 1999.
I went to NY - Indian coulslate in Jan 2009 and I got year passport - they said they need Police CLearance from mumbai.
Apr 2009 Police came for inquiry at my mumbai resident.
Aug 2009 I went again to NY to extend my passport - they again gave me for 1 year and said police clearance not received yet.
I went again on Apr 30th 2010. This time they asked me to call me after 2 weeks.
I kept calling after 2 week and after month they still haven't received police clearance from Mumbai.
They suggested me to Call Regional passport office in mumbai and try to get updates from there.

Is there anybody in similar situation ? Is there a way to follow up in Mumbai?
Any help would be appreciated

Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spk2011 is on a distinguished road
Default passport renewal rejected at SFO as iam out of status

i came to USA on h1b visa on 2004 and became out of status after that.my passport was valid until 2006 , but by then i was out of status in 2006.so i applied for passport renewal and they gave me new passport with 1 year validity ie upto 2007.then again in 2007 i applied for renewal and they gave me upto 1 year.so from 2006 to 2011 (ie 5yrs) they hae been extending my passport for 1 year until when applied for extension in 2011 they said we cant extend any more and you have to get any status proof or leave the country before my passport expires (dec 2011).

from 2006 to 2010 i have done my passport renewal at indian consulate ,NY.
and i moved to california in 2010 and again applied in 2010 from california and they gave me for 1 year ie upto 2011.now in 2011 when i again tried to apply for renewal they said we cant extend any more as short vality passport duration is only 5 years and i have completed that 5 year period ie from 2006 to 2011.

so what are my options now.should i leave india before my passport expires.is there any way i can get back into status in this country.can i marry a american citizen and get into status.

should i leave this country before my passport expires and if so what question they ask me here while exiting and when i enter india.will i face any problems.

and what if i over stay after my passport expired (dec 2011) and can i go back to india with expired passport.what problems could i face in india if i land there with expired passport.

is there any other way i can sty here with expired passport and marry citizen and try to get in status.do i need a valid passport in order to marry.

i would like to know what should i do now.please help me iam in deep trouble now.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Zoh11 is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency Passport

HI all,

I am going through hell with the CGNY! No one picks up the calls, answers emails, or faxes. I have my relatives in India going to the Hyderabad passport offices and police offices, but over there it is even worse. The lady at PO in HYD said "people have their files pending for years and you are getting worried after a couple of months?" What kind of response is this? Do they do anything in India at these offices?

Anyways, me and my family need to travel in an emergency to India and want to apply for emergency passport. Can anyone whose got the emergency one year passport pose how they did it?

What did you need to get it? How much it costs? And does everyone who needs one needs to go to NY? It's so costly so I thought I could go alone and collect one for my family members?

Please yaar, someone help me!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts nandu_k_n is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoh11 View Post
HI all,

I am going through hell with the CGNY! No one picks up the calls, answers emails, or faxes. I have my relatives in India going to the Hyderabad passport offices and police offices, but over there it is even worse. The lady at PO in HYD said "people have their files pending for years and you are getting worried after a couple of months?" What kind of response is this? Do they do anything in India at these offices?

Anyways, me and my family need to travel in an emergency to India and want to apply for emergency passport. Can anyone whose got the emergency one year passport pose how they did it?

What did you need to get it? How much it costs? And does everyone who needs one needs to go to NY? It's so costly so I thought I could go alone and collect one for my family members?

Please yaar, someone help me!
Couple of years back, I had similar situation. I applied for passport renewal at NY Consulate and never got my passport renewed. I called several times and emailed several times. Then after 3 months of try, I have decided to go to NY personally. But, I just tried one last time to call and suddenly one lady picked up the phone. I got my renewed passport in the mail within a week after talking to that lady. They must have kept my passport application at a wrong place and never cared about it until I called them. Good luck to you.

You may get someone connected on the phone if you try repeatedly. But, if not, try in person, and you may get your passport renewed quicker.