Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
njgcmar03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indian passport renewal in NY

I applied for a new passport(as my 10 year validity is expiring in Jan 2008) at CGI NY in person on 10/04/2007 along with my wife's passport. My wife's passport got renewed within 3 working days(She applied for name change in 2003) but mine did not. Apparently, CGINY needs to get clearence from India(Hyderabad) so that these guys can give me a new passport.

Long story short, the customer service people at CGINY are not quite helpful in getting me the information. These guys don't really know what is going on with my application. I could get some info from India. When I got my passport for the first time(Hyderabad), the records were not computerized and so, these guys at CGINY dont have any information about my passport records.

Passport offices in India will get a request for clearence from abroad if anyone applies for renewal(and the applying person's records are not computerized) and Indian office has to verify the records and send the clearence. It has been close to 2 months since I applied and I even went for an interview with the consular in NY. Even this guy doesn't want to give me any time line.

The funny thing is, whenever I call CGINY to request status, they always ask me to come for an interview. When I ask them what the interview is related to, then they always reply me that the consular can give more information like status. I am not sure why these people can't give out the info. Also, for every call, they ask me whether my status is legal in US or not. I have my VISA stamped until 2010 and I have EAD.

Has anyone experienced similar stuff? If so, how long did it take to get the passport? Will CGINY people call when the passport is ready or do we have to keep calling them to get status info?

Thanks,
Self & Spouse :
I-485,I-765,I-131:NSC
RD:06/11/2007 ND:06/30/07
FP:08/18/07(Done)
I-765:09/27/07(Orderd),10/02/07(Appr. notice sent),10/04/07(Cards received)
I-131 LUD:10/02/07,10/11/07(Approved),10/17/07(Received)
Self:
I-485 LUD:08/20/07(After FP), 10/11/07
Spouse:
I-485 LUD:08/20/07(After FP),09/17/07(RFE-Parentage),10/01/07(RFE response Received),10/02/07,10/11/07
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute
Post thats not a good experience ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgcmar03 View Post
I applied for a new passport(as my 10 year validity is expiring in Jan 2008) at CGI NY in person on 10/04/2007 along with my wife's passport. My wife's passport got renewed within 3 working days(She applied for name change in 2003) but mine did not. Apparently, CGINY needs to get clearence from India(Hyderabad) so that these guys can give me a new passport.

Long story short, the customer service people at CGINY are not quite helpful in getting me the information. These guys don't really know what is going on with my application. I could get some info from India. When I got my passport for the first time(Hyderabad), the records were not computerized and so, these guys at CGINY dont have any information about my passport records.

Passport offices in India will get a request for clearence from abroad if anyone applies for renewal(and the applying person's records are not computerized) and Indian office has to verify the records and send the clearence. It has been close to 2 months since I applied and I even went for an interview with the consular in NY. Even this guy doesn't want to give me any time line.

The funny thing is, whenever I call CGINY to request status, they always ask me to come for an interview. When I ask them what the interview is related to, then they always reply me that the consular can give more information like status. I am not sure why these people can't give out the info. Also, for every call, they ask me whether my status is legal in US or not. I have my VISA stamped until 2010 and I have EAD.

Has anyone experienced similar stuff? If so, how long did it take to get the passport? Will CGINY people call when the passport is ready or do we have to keep calling them to get status info?

Thanks,
mine will expire in 04/08 and am planning to renew the same from CGINY soon ... don't know whats waiting ...

one of my friend from MA did renew his passport at CGINY and he got his done on the same day (if I am not wrong) ...

seems customer service is an acute problem with any of the CGI in US ...

Greened on 07/11/2011 @ TSC

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice

i applied for my passport renewal (in person) on 19th nov and received it yesterday(28th).

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future

I renewed my Passport from CGI-NYC last Month.It was pretty straight forward - Posted my Passport 2 weeks before Expiry and got back my Passport in 10 Days by Certified USPS Mail.

The new passport looks so Cool now .Its Barcoded and all the details Printed and the Photograph Scanned and Placed on the passport.Earlier , everytime when i leave this country poor fellas at the Airlines had to type my name and other details.Not anymore....

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010

Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice ravise is just really nice

at CIGNY

Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold
Default My horror story at CGINY

Two years ago, I mailed in my passport for renewal at CGINY and went through an ordeal that I wouldn't wish up on my worst enemy.

After several weeks of waiting, I started calling them - but at that time nobody at the CGI returned calls or emails even if I called the emergency line. I live in Boston, and it is a hassle to go down to NYC on a working day. I did and was told that my passport was in the mail. Anyway, a few weeks go by and on another trip to NYC I refused to take their excuses as I needed to travel urgently to India. Then they admitted to me that they had lost my old passport with all my documents.

I was also told:
1. We rarely lose passports and can not help it if you are an "UNLUCKY" person
2. We can find it only if you know someone important at the Ministry.

I dealt with CGINY in 2001 on an unrelated matter and was given prompt service. Si I guess a lot depends on the caliber and integrity of the people they have posted.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgcmar03 View Post

Thanks,
Monthly Financial Contributer

Old 06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testsite is infamous around these parts testsite is infamous around these parts
Default Got it renewed successfully

The NY consulate received my passport on Jun 6 2008 and I got my passport back on Jun 21 2008 through US Express mail. I tried to call in between but none of my phone calls or email were answered. I looked up one of the consul generals online and directly called him and got my passport info with tracking number. He was very nice, polite and helpful. I recommend you using express mail because its got a tracking number and you know when and where your passport is. Good luck!

Last edited by testsite; 06-24-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsite View Post
The NY consulate received my passport on Jun 6 2008 and I got my passport back on Jun 21 2008 through US Express mail. I tried to call in between but none of my phone calls or email were answered. I looked up one of the consul generals online and directly called him and got my passport info with tracking number. He was very nice, polite and helpful. I recommend you using express mail because its got a tracking number and you know when and where your passport is. Good luck!
What is the number you have called up. I need to renew my passport in NY next month. I am planning to go to the consulate directly.

Also let me know which form to fill and fee
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 11-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
new2guitar is on a distinguished road

I am screwed, its almost one month and I have not recieved my new passport, I have my gmat exam in Dec and I can't cancel or postpone it. I need passport for GMAT.

I got hold of passport services after dialing multiple times, the answer I got is its waiting for some stupid bureaucrat to approve in Hyderabad.

one of my friend was denied passport renewal here with response that he was issued passport 10 years back with out police clearance and they are questioning how he managed to get it.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
milsz is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem a year back... sent PP for renew(after 10 years pp) and then nothing...waited for 2 months...after that tried to contact cginy...
no replys to voicemail, fax and emails... very difficult to get hold of someone...Once I got answer that they don't have my pp...
After 3 months waiting and still no pp, I had to travel, so thought I will go personally...after going their personally, got a pp with 1 year validity...

Ofcourse, this 1 year expiry created a problem on re-entry..got I-94 only till that date...

So, if your pp application is stuck in the process, just go to CGI ny in person...at least you will get 1 year short term validity pp to use....

Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
hope_4_best has a spectacular aura about hope_4_best has a spectacular aura about
Default CGI NY by mail:List of notarized documents

I need to renew the passports of wife and kid from Indian Consulate New York by mail.
May I please know the list of documents that needs to be notarized?
Sept 2011, Received GC
Total donation so far $75.00

Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope_4_best View Post
I need to renew the passports of wife and kid from Indian Consulate New York by mail.
May I please know the list of documents that needs to be notarized?
Only the status document (I-797 of H1 / H4 / EAD) need to be notarized

One time contribution - 100$
Sent Flowers to USCIS
10$ for HIGH FIVE

EB2-I (PD:01/2006)
TSC, 07/02/2007 Filer..
Case Pre-Adjudicated on 09/26/2008
Case Assigned to IO on 07/28/2010

GREENED on 08/05/2010
Welcome Notice Received 08/12/2010
Received GREEN CARD on 08/16/2010

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts u.misc is infamous around these parts
Default Photograph Size ????????

Does anyone know what is the photograph size requirement.

The online application form that is printed out say "stick 2" X 2" in here" but the instructions for the form clearly says 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm. Why everything that has with word "india" in it is so confusion and cumbersome.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj727 is on a distinguished road
Default Renew Passport Delay in NY

njgcmar03,

I have submitted my passport for renewal at NY and its been two months now, I have valid visa stamped and I have submitted my passport 6 months before expiring date, went to consoling service to find out the cause of delay and found clearance not received from India.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage