Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mlkman is on a distinguished road
Default sticky situation. Indian Passport renewal. counsel needed

So it says my Passport expires on 8.11.2011 and the SF consulate nearest to my place is closed on monday (bakriid) which I was planning on doing. I'm at NV and I'm not sure if I can make it by today since the office is only open till noon. And the other overriding fact is my status has gone kaput i.e I'm out of status now.

It's my understanding that the expiry dates are clocked as per indian time.

What problems I may encounter and what I shall do ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mlkman is on a distinguished road

Btw, i intend to do the tatkal same day service.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkman View Post
So it says my Passport expires on 8.11.2011 and the SF consulate nearest to my place is closed on monday (bakriid) which I was planning on doing. I'm at NV and I'm not sure if I can make it by today since the office is only open till noon. And the other overriding fact is my status has gone kaput i.e I'm out of status now.

You have 6 months to 1 year time frame (after expiry date) to renew your passport without any questions. If it is beyond the time frame, you may be asked to appear in front of them.

You are fine on that.

"Same Day" : may or may not work for new passport issuance.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure that they accept "in person" applications.

Last few months, most of the items have been outsourced to a 'visa company'.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Leave the country now!

Why are you putting yourself in danger ? Didn't you hear about 3 year or 10 year bans ?
Leave before 180 days to avoid bans and if you are unlucky ICE detention(horrible stories...?).
If you have family, it is all the more important to leave now and try to come back legally.

Quote:

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am not sure why you said you were out of status ? Any case, you can just go over to the San Francisco consulate, stand inline and request for tatkal service. They give in 3-4 hours , ie same day. I was in a similar situation before, got it done same day.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute velagale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by velagale View Post
I am not sure why you said you were out of status ? Any case, you can just go over to the San Francisco consulate, stand inline and request for tatkal service. They give in 3-4 hours , ie same day. I was in a similar situation before, got it done same day.
btw, i had submitted the application online already and they had assigned me a different date to appear but i jumped the queue. Also, you need to pay extra for tatkal.