Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ram_kavala is infamous around these parts
Default I 485 EB3 RFE Company Closed - Need Advice

I recieved I 485 RFE on June'10 2009 I need to respond back by July'04.In the RFE they ask me to submit 1)proof of valid status and 2)employement letter.

1) proof of valid status --

Currently Iam on H1b from the same company who filed my Green Card.Iam currently working with them on H1b.I have EAD also,but i never used my EAD and it is expired now.So I can submit my I797 as a proof of valid status.

2) proof of employement --

I have a problem with proof of employement only.i try to contact my present company for employement letter,but no one respond back.Iam not sure whether they are still active or company closed.Iam still trying.But in the meantime I have question.
Lets say they closed the company with out notifying me.
-In that case what would be my status and is there any other options for me,such as immidiately move to another company by asking them to transafer my h1b and get the letter from the new company and respond back to RFE.In case i can do that what should be in the letter(i mean job requirements,experience,responsibilities and salary etc).That information should match to my labour and prior employement letters which were submitted with GC process(Labour,I 140,I 485) or it could be different?Because this is a new company offering me the job.

-If any company can give me employement letter(feature employement) for GC RFE,can i send that letter to USCIS in response to RFE?

Please advice me?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold

If you think, your present company is closed, who are you working for ? who is paying is salary ?
IL - State Chapter

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ram_kavala is infamous around these parts

When i called today their phone is not worked and their website is also down.And Iam not sure whether the company closed or not.That's what i mentioned in my posting.In case if company got closed ,what i have to do?That is my questions?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
bpadala is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because they didnt pick up your call or their website is down doesnt mean they shut down the doors. Have you recieved your pay checks for the past many months? If so I think you are just in a panic mode. Why would they close the doors with out even giving a slight indication to its employees.

Put all the facts before you pose your questions. I dont think this is a genuine question for any one to answer
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-------------------------------
Contribution $25/Month for 12 months.......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute
Default In that case...

Better go with option 2) Transfer your H1b, get employment offer letter from new company. You do not have much time, so act fast! Why did you wait until the last minute? In these harsh times or anytime actually, you must be prepared for "known unknowns" as well as "unknown unknowns". Always have a plan, as anything can happen. All the best.
U.S. STEM Graduate been here since 1997 | >$15k for GC w/no end in sight

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin, July 4th, 1776

Last edited by cygent; 06-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
stevensjd is infamous around these parts stevensjd is infamous around these parts

What's the name of your company??