Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahulkarthik81 is on a distinguished road
Default Renewal of Passport at Indian Embassy Washington DC (Delayed)

Hello All,
Greetings...
My passport and my H1B are expiring in June 2012. I sent my old passport to Indian Embassy in Washington and they received it on Dec 28 2011. But i haven't received my new and old passport till now (March 2012). I sent an email asking for the status and they replied saying they are awaiting reply from RPO chennai for clearance. would it take this long to get the renewed passport. I am worried because I have to apply for my H1B extension and then extend my drivers license etc...

can some one help with some information or contact by which i can talk to the passport office or what action i can take from my side?? Any help will be much appreciated...

Thanks
Karthik
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, they are doing a verification from thr regional passport office in Chennai to make sure you don't have any adverse remarks. This is common practice these days if you are renewing your passport at a different location(in this case DC). The Indian consulate in NY used to issue short validity passport (1 year validity) until the verification is completed.

One suggestion I have is that you can go in person and see if you can apply in the tatkal queue. You can explain your situation to them. The tatkal fees is $150 I think. Worth the try.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
get_passport is on a distinguished road
Default passport renewal info

I am in same situation. I sent my passport for renewal, it was received on 27th Feb but dont have any clue about the status.

Could you please let me know if you received your passport?

Also, if you could let me know the email id on which embassy people replied you back.

Thanks
Deepak

Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Sent passport for renewal on 05/17/2012 to VFS Global Service, Washington DC

Delivered on 05/18/2012

Renewed passport sent back on 05/30/2012

Received on 05/31/2012

---------------

VFS is on time in responding queries, confirming where the passport is etc, but still tracking the passport online is not yet convenient.

I checked USPS return tracking number every day morning to see if there is any action.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

I had same experience with VFS, go tmy passport in 2 weeks.