Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
annu_adelphia is on a distinguished road
Default Born in Srinagar India, RFE for i485 filed by husband (sponsor), missing birth record

My husband who is a permanent resident is sponsoring my application (category F2A). With the application I submitted, since I do not have a birth certificate, I enclosed affidavits from my parents.

I got a letter from USCIS that they would need more evidence for the birth proof. I was born in Srinagar and our family had to migrate from J & K to Chandigarh. Therefore, I cannot get a letter for non availability from the government of Jammu and Kashmir. What should my next step be?

Can I get an affidavit mentioning that we migrated from J & K and have not been able to go back home for last 23 years (with supporting documents - like migration statement, fathers transfer letter at job from Srinagar to Chandigarh, school records) and therefore do not have the birth certificate?

Is there anything else that I should add to make sure there are no issues?

Thanks in advance,
Annu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute Waitnwait has a reputation beyond repute
Default Affidavit

i think a sworn affidavit from the local court by your parents should work. please ask your husband to double check with his laywer. In addition you may have school records, Census, ration card or anything else...

You must provide two affidavits
confirming his name, place of birth, date of birth and the full names of
BOTH of his parents and an explanation as to why there are no records to
verify such as hospital, medical, school or census records.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sheetalb is on a distinguished road

Hi annu_adelphia,

I'm also sailing in the same boat as you are
We too migrated from J&K 20Yrs back and i dont have a birth Certificate. We can get the affidavit signed by parents but looks like USCIS is looking for additional proof like Non-Availability of birth Certificate from Jammu & Kashmir.

I would like to know how you handled this situation and what documenation you provided to USCIS?
Did you get any letter from J&K and what was the process?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Sheetal

Old 03-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Try one of the concierge services like yourmaninindia. They might be able to get a Non Availability Certificate from Srinagar.
Else, if you have proof that your parents fled from Srinagar due to communal troubles etc., collect those documents and take an InfoPass appointment to speak to a USCIS official.