Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are roally screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvschocolates View Post
I did not marry the man I was engaged to. I came here initially for ONE month and was approved at the airport customs terminal to stay that long. When I got here, it was for a visit with my fiance only. Unfortunately, things did not work out and we broke it off. Thank God! However, I was staying with his uncle and aunt, and they had a disabled man in the house. HE turned out to be my sponsor when they asked me to care for him while they were doing long haul trucking. I agreed to do this and we immediately contacted USCIS to get instructions on what needed to be filed first. With that information in hand, we filed everything they requested. All the stuff on the RFE I received has never been mentioned before now and if it had, it would have been filed along with the rest. There are tons of applications, how is one supposed to know what to file and when if there are no specific instructions? I have gone through all the copies we have of all the required applications and I still do not see anything where all these other forms were to be filed along with the I-485.
Nothing was done illegally. He filed the application on my behalf, signed, sealed and delivered it himself. I did not do this on my own, I just signed whatever I was required to sign, he did the rest.
If all of this was illegal, then why was I not informed of this nearly 6 years ago when we filed the first application? Seems a bit odd that if I was illegal and they know where I am and who I live with that they wouldn't be quick to throw me out, but they have not done so.
My former fiance has nothing to do with this, I never intended to stay here when I first came, it was merely a visit but circumstances were such that I was needed at a moment's notice so we filed the necessary paperwork as quickly as possible and thought we were doing the right thing. No one has ever said otherwise until now and I think that is rather unfair to spring it all on me at this point and expect me to get it all done within 30 days. I know I am not the only applicant out there and I realize there is a huge backlog of other applications, I'm not that stupid to think that they will make me a priority, but one measly letter informing me that I was here illegally sometime over a 6 year period is not asking to much is it? Why would they send me all the other Notices of Action if I was here illegally and they knew it?
Something is terribly screwed up and I guess I have no choice but to find an attorney who can deal with this mess.
Okay, It is still a bit fuzzy, but lot clearer than your initial post. Almost all of us here on this forum are professionally qualified Employment Based applicants, with fairly straightforward, albeit extremently slow moving cases. Nearly all of us have been sponsored by our employers and we make sure that we are legal, in this country, every day of the year.
Now, coming to your case.
I am certain this "disabled man" you are caring for, had all good intentions, but he screwed up royally. You can not just "apply for a I-485". There has to be a basis from one of the following
(1) Family based
(2) Employment based
(3) Humanitarian / Refugee
(4) Diversity Based
It is still not clear, what CATEGORY he applied for you under.
(a) Can not be family based (you are not his spouse, child, sibling etc)
(b) You CERTAINLY DO NOT qualify under Employment based application.
(c) You absolutey CAN NOT apply under Refugee or Diversity (Canadians are shut out of diversity visa quota)
So, it is now time to stop pretending that you "were needed here". Nobody is indispensible.
Get your self back in to Cananda and work towards building your life back up.
Bon fin semaine!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute

The I485 Supplement A is for 245 i which means you had to be present in the US in the year 2000. Since you never entered the US until 2003 it does not look like this form is required in your case. Please call the USCIS customer service number to confirm this.
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07
I485 approved on Jul 25 2011
Received green cards on Jul 28 2011

Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did not marry the man I was engaged to. I came here initially for ONE month and was approved at the airport customs terminal to stay that long. When I got here, it was for a visit with my fiance only. Unfortunately, things did not work out and we broke it off. Thank God! However, I was staying with his uncle and aunt, and they had a disabled man in the house. HE turned out to be my sponsor when they asked me to care for him while they were doing long haul trucking. I agreed to do this and we immediately contacted USCIS to get instructions on what needed to be filed first. With that information in hand, we filed everything they requested. All the stuff on the RFE I received has never been mentioned before now and if it had, it would have been filed along with the rest. There are tons of applications, how is one supposed to know what to file and when if there are no specific instructions? I have gone through all the copies we have of all the required applications and I still do not see anything where all these other forms were to be filed along with the I-485.
Nothing was done illegally. He filed the application on my behalf, signed, sealed and delivered it himself. I did not do this on my own, I just signed whatever I was required to sign, he did the rest.
If all of this was illegal, then why was I not informed of this nearly 6 years ago when we filed the first application? Seems a bit odd that if I was illegal and they know where I am and who I live with that they wouldn't be quick to throw me out, but they have not done so.
My former fiance has nothing to do with this, I never intended to stay here when I first came, it was merely a visit but circumstances were such that I was needed at a moment's notice so we filed the necessary paperwork as quickly as possible and thought we were doing the right thing. No one has ever said otherwise until now and I think that is rather unfair to spring it all on me at this point and expect me to get it all done within 30 days. I know I am not the only applicant out there and I realize there is a huge backlog of other applications, I'm not that stupid to think that they will make me a priority, but one measly letter informing me that I was here illegally sometime over a 6 year period is not asking to much is it? Why would they send me all the other Notices of Action if I was here illegally and they knew it?
Something is terribly screwed up and I guess I have no choice but to find an attorney who can deal with this mess.
I dont think your issuse can be fixed even by attorney. You are not coming under any category to file Green Card. So prepare for yourself to go back and build your life back in canada.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
I dont think your issuse can be fixed even by attorney. You are not coming under any category to file Green Card. So prepare for yourself to go back and build your life back in canada.
or pray that CIR gets approved soon so that you can apply under the undocumented alien category.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts

If I was not required to fill out the form I-485, then why did USCIS send me a letter requesting me to do so? I'm sick of the smart a$$ remarks from some of you. This isn't funny and there are human beings involved. If you can't be helpful then please don't bother responding. Keep your remarks to yourself. I came here looking for some help, not a bunch of criticism and hurtful comments. It's not that simple just to go back to Canada like you think and I can't just leave the person I care for because you think I'm considered indispensible. Perhaps you'd like to talk to the people in this household and see just how willing they are to let me go. This is not just about packing up and leaving, I have roots here now and I cannot just abandon these folks. There is NO ONE to take care of them, not family, not friends and they do not want a stranger - period. We already tried that and it didn't work. How many people do you know that would willingly take care of a 500 lb. bedridden person, change catheters, bathe them and cook, clean and take care of other household chores simply for room and board? We offered the job to legal American citizens and when they heard the man was 500 lbs, they backed off before hearing the rest. I AM WILLING, he is used to me, I am used to him and there is no one else, including his own children, who will do what I do, so before you tell me I'm indispensible, try doing this job. We can't even get professional medical personnel in here to help, so exactly how am I indispensible under the circumstances? Should I just abandon him and let him rot and die in his own bed? Is that considered humane in your eyes? If he's obese does he not deserve the same quality of care as an ideal body weight person? Does his obesity make him undeserving of humane treatment? As I said, this is not just about legalities, this is about a human being needing someone to care for him and it's not that simple to get another person in here. I deal with him 24/7, I don't get a day off - would you do that? I doubt it!

If you had to go back to your country under similar circumstances I don't think you would be any more pleased than I am. USCIS has not asked me to leave, they are requesting more information. I have no problem with that part, just the time frame given and the money involved. I am more than willing to submit what they requested, but I need more time, especially for the medical exam after reading what is required.
As for the person that filed on my behalf, HE is the one who spoke to USCIS, so they didn't do their job if they did not tell him what was required. He wrote down every single thing they said we had to file and we did so. If they failed to mention what was needed, how would he find out? He's elderly, disabled and not computer literate so it's hard for him to look things up on his own. He simply did what they told him to do and if he screwed up, it's because he wasn't told what was needed. You can't expect everyone to be knowledgeable on stuff like this, it was all new to him and very unfamiliar.
If I had known more was required, I would have taken care of it myself, but since he was the person to file the application - which by the way was an employment based according to what we were told, then he did only what he was told and had no clue there was more beyond that.
I am trying to find an attorney and I will get this sorted out one way or the other, but leaving this household is not an option and if the American people care so much about each other, then I'd like to see one of them show up here and do what I do. I'm not naive enough to believe that will happen.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default wow

luvschocolates: not sure what you are looking for from an employment based immigration site?

You have broken the law and you are illegally here. End of story. Even if there is no one here that will do the job that you do, there has to be documentation that proves that. Immigration law is one of the most complicated laws out there and other than a few categories like family based immigration or diversity lottery based immigration, most forms are extremely complex and reguire legal guidance to do so.

Yours is an open and shut case, no lawyer worth his salt will take you case up for free. Like a poster said earlier, ignorance of the law does not allow you to break it.

By your analogy, if I come from a country where there are no seat belt laws and using my international driver's permit I drive a car without weaing a seatbelt, does not make it ok. When caught, I will be arrested and fined.

In your case it would be easier for you to leave by yourself, rather than risk being deported and getting a 10 year entry ban.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cry them a river

Quote:
If I was not required to fill out the form I-485, then why did USCIS send me a letter requesting me to do so? I'm sick of the smart a$$ remarks from some of you. This isn't funny and there are human beings involved. If you can't be helpful then please don't bother responding. Keep your remarks to yourself. I came here looking for some help, not a bunch of criticism and hurtful comments. It's not that simple just to go back to Canada like you think and I can't just leave the person I care for because you think I'm considered indispensible. Perhaps you'd like to talk to the people in this household and see just how willing they are to let me go. This is not just about packing up and leaving, I have roots here now and I cannot just abandon these folks. There is NO ONE to take care of them, not family, not friends and they do not want a stranger - period. We already tried that and it didn't work. How many people do you know that would willingly take care of a 500 lb. bedridden person, change catheters, bathe them and cook, clean and take care of other household chores simply for room and board? We offered the job to legal American citizens and when they heard the man was 500 lbs, they backed off before hearing the rest. I AM WILLING, he is used to me, I am used to him and there is no one else, including his own children, who will do what I do, so before you tell me I'm indispensible, try doing this job. We can't even get professional medical personnel in here to help, so exactly how am I indispensible under the circumstances? Should I just abandon him and let him rot and die in his own bed? Is that considered humane in your eyes? If he's obese does he not deserve the same quality of care as an ideal body weight person? Does his obesity make him undeserving of humane treatment? As I said, this is not just about legalities, this is about a human being needing someone to care for him and it's not that simple to get another person in here. I deal with him 24/7, I don't get a day off - would you do that? I doubt it!

If you had to go back to your country under similar circumstances I don't think you would be any more pleased than I am. USCIS has not asked me to leave, they are requesting more information. I have no problem with that part, just the time frame given and the money involved. I am more than willing to submit what they requested, but I need more time, especially for the medical exam after reading what is required.
As for the person that filed on my behalf, HE is the one who spoke to USCIS, so they didn't do their job if they did not tell him what was required. He wrote down every single thing they said we had to file and we did so. If they failed to mention what was needed, how would he find out? He's elderly, disabled and not computer literate so it's hard for him to look things up on his own. He simply did what they told him to do and if he screwed up, it's because he wasn't told what was needed. You can't expect everyone to be knowledgeable on stuff like this, it was all new to him and very unfamiliar.
If I had known more was required, I would have taken care of it myself, but since he was the person to file the application - which by the way was an employment based according to what we were told, then he did only what he was told and had no clue there was more beyond that.
I am trying to find an attorney and I will get this sorted out one way or the other, but leaving this household is not an option and if the American people care so much about each other, then I'd like to see one of them show up here and do what I do. I'm not naive enough to believe that will happen.
You could cry us and USCIS a river. Fact is that you have broken the law, whether knowingly or unknowingly. USCIS will treat you like an illegal alien, which in fact you are.
You are telling us about this 500.0 lb obese person whom you are "caring for". Let me tell you something, USCIS does not think twice about separating babies from their mothers and wives from their husbands, if they find out that law has been broken, so, say what you want. You are here illegaly and everybody here will tell you the same thing. Get your self back in to Canada.
Nobody FORCED you to stay here You made a choice, based on compassion on whatever. If that is still your position, then be prepared to pay the price. If you leave now, you can come visit this "family" of yours once in a while BUT if you get deported, forget it. There is 10 year ban on you and even after that, you will NOT be let in to US.

This is the hard truth, take it or get off this forum.

Admin, this poster should be deleted.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
You could cry us and USCIS a river. Fact is that you have broken the law, whether knowingly or unknowingly. USCIS will treat you like an illegal alien, which in fact you are.
Jesus! Please, tone it down. She's come to this forum asking for help.

luvschocolates, most folks on this form are employment based immigrants i.e. have their application for green cards sponsored by multinational firms -- for which there's a due process. In your case, I'd say best, hire an immigration attorney ASAP. Most often they are well knowledgeable with ways of the USCIS. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

luvschocolates...

I really feel sorry for you. I understand your issue and wish we can help you...but things are really complicated in your case. But unfortunately this is how the USCIS is working and immigration is completely broken. Please iginore these guys and get legal help. May be you can contact Sheela Murthy law firm. Its expensive but no other option. Or post your issues in their web site or Ron gotcher's web site. He might be able to guide you in this.

Thanks

Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough IfYouSeekAmy is a jewel in the rough

I am truly sorry for your situation and applogize for the lousy way people in this forum are treating you. It seems you have done everything honestly and legally. From your story I do not see any wrong intentions or trying to stay here illegally. If that was the case I don't see why you filed the pettion anyway so looks like you have done the right thing. I wish I could help. The only advise I could give you is to see if you can get an extension on the 30 day period. I do not know if that is possible but I sincerely hope that things will work out for you!

Quote:

Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
bobbydalal will become famous soon enough bobbydalal will become famous soon enough
Default l

luvchoclates ,
Hi first of all hats off to u for what u doing for someone whom u r even not related. All i can say is its really hard for someof these pepole to b in ur shoes n do half not more of what u have done. All i can say is i know of a real top notch lawyer and who has got green card done for most of my employees and is really good at what she does. U can either email me at vaishconsulting@hotmail.com and ill give u her # and put in a word to her for u and go frm there.
all the best

Old 08-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?
Most of the people here are under employment based green cards - So, I would recommend get yourself an attorney.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default What help ??

You didn't say what help you are looking for. Are you looking for any kind of contribution from IV members?.
Here is employement based people. You are not willing to pay for medicals for I-485. You didn't have money. Your sponser not willing to pay also. They may be getting money from the welfare for taking care for that disable person. US govt. will look after the disabled people. In nursing home or by using home nurse. Your compassion have no value for govt. machinary. You may get sympathy from people, not from govt. or USCIS.

What catagory you filed the I-485? What based? Do you have a social security number?
Answer these questions.
Then you will get answers from this forum, if you are looking for answers only.

Quote:
I received my RFE today and I am totally shocked and in a state of panic because they are asking for a lot of things to be submitted in 30 days and there is absolutely no way at this point that I can get $1000 together for the I-485 Supplement A form, PLUS the money to see a civil surgeon for a medical exam. Those are the two most important forms they are requesting but there are still 3 more forms aside from that. I am also required to show evidence of valid entry which I don't understand. When I came here, I was engaged to be married. I had only my birth certificate and driver's license when I went through customs in 2003. I was not required to have a passport so I have nothing at this point to show them. How do I deal with this to show I did not enter the country illegally? I did not marry my fiance in the end, but I did acquire employment with his relatives and I am still with them. I take care of a disabled person in the home and there is no way they will accept another person at this time. Not after 6 years. This is like family to me now and I can't just expect someone to take my place and do what I do. It doesn't work that way. We already went through the process of offering this position to someone else who was born and raised here and nobody wanted the job. We had one phone call over a 3 week period and nothing came of it. I do not receive monetary wages, I get room and board, therefore I do not have the money I need to submit this supplement A form and the people I live with are not able to just toss out that kind of money either. They also want me to submit evidence that I have maintained non-immigrant status - what the heck is that? I have filed every application that they have requested until now - nothing was ever said about this non-immigrant status stuff. I am confused and totally at a loss.
I am outraged that after not hearing ONE thing from them in over 2 years, that all of a sudden I am supposed to come up with all this stuff, hand over money I don't have and still not be assured my green card.

I was never aware that I had to submit an I-485 Supplement A form - why? Why has no one told me about this before now? I never saw one thing on the I-485 form that I filled out that a supplement was needed. I was not told I had to see a civil surgeon to submit a medical exam and any CS available is 4 hours away in any direction after checking out the list on the USCIS website. The household I live in is not able to just up and go whenever USCIS demands it and they are making our lives very difficult right now.
How do I handle this?
They say I have 33 days to get this cleared up and without employment for wages, this is impossible. Any previous forms I submitted were ones I was prepared for and I had help from a friend at the time, but that was over 2 years ago and I cannot expect other people to just hand over money now, especially $1000.
I am not leaving this household - there is no way I can abandon the person I live with and entrust them to someone else and there is no way this person would ever stand for that.

Is there anything that can be done to either get an extension or get around the I-485 supplement A? I am not as concerned about the civil surgeon exam, but I don't have a clue how much that will cost and again, I don't know how I will get the money to do that either.
I am really ticked with USCIS and their utter lack of correspondence and then expecting me to bleed money from a stone for them. They are not in any hurry to process my application so why do I need to be? I've been here this long, what's another few years?
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?

Last edited by dealsnet; 08-21-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts

Thank you to those of you who were kind enough to respond with helpful information and some understanding for my situation. I do appreciate that much.
And for those of you who were sarcastic and rude and accusing me of being illegal, if that was the case, then why has USCIS not stated that one time in all the correspondence I have had from them and why are they willing to give me a chance to file the required forms at this time?
They know where I live, who I live with and anything else they need to know. Illegal immigrants don't make themselves known to anybody that could/would report them. If I had something to hide, I would do so, but I have no secrets from them whatsoever. I have done all I have been asked to do and have the paperwork to prove it. I have not gotten a job anywhere outside of the home I live in and they are well aware of what I do here, I have not committed any crimes, my biometrics have come back clear, therefore I have no criminal record in my home country, so therefore I am not a threat whatsoever to anyone in the US.
No one at USCIS has ever stated by phone or mail that I am here illegally and if that was the case, I would think they would have been quick to deport me since they knew everything they needed to know in order to find me and still do. I have nothing to hide.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thank you to those of you who were kind enough to respond with helpful information and some understanding for my situation. I do appreciate that much.
And for those of you who were sarcastic and rude and accusing me of being illegal, if that was the case, then why has USCIS not stated that one time in all the correspondence I have had from them and why are they willing to give me a chance to file the required forms at this time?
They know where I live, who I live with and anything else they need to know. Illegal immigrants don't make themselves known to anybody that could/would report them. If I had something to hide, I would do so, but I have no secrets from them whatsoever. I have done all I have been asked to do and have the paperwork to prove it. I have not gotten a job anywhere outside of the home I live in and they are well aware of what I do here, I have not committed any crimes, my biometrics have come back clear, therefore I have no criminal record in my home country, so therefore I am not a threat whatsoever to anyone in the US.
No one at USCIS has ever stated by phone or mail that I am here illegally and if that was the case, I would think they would have been quick to deport me since they knew everything they needed to know in order to find me and still do. I have nothing to hide.
I am not sure what you are trying to achive here by trying to prove your legality. Normally the USCIS wont come after you immidiately. But once you are not able to provide what they ask, they might deny your I-485 and ICE will be at your door step. So try to fix the problem before its too late rather than wasting your time here.