Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
o0appleboss0o can only hope to improve
Default Urgent! Reqeust for initial evidence I-485

Hi guys,
I have an urgent case regarding the I-485 initial evidence. I sent out my I-485 application w/ I-864 and I-864A back in November, 2009. I am a F-1 visa holder currently in PhD program with around 21,000 stipend per year. My wife which is the petitioner (I-864) has no income and she filed a I-864 with my stipend in the first I-864 form. Since I am the beneficial and the instruction said that I didn't have to include my W-2 form. My parents in law had a joint account together. My father in law filed another I-864 form with his stipend of 20,000, and my mother in law filed a I-864A form with her stipend of 20,000. They have joint tax returns, and I have given immigration the copy of their 3 years W-2 and 1040 form.
A few days ago, immigration has send me request for initial evidence (I485) with the check marks says
1. The household member on the petitioner/sponsor's form I -864, must submit the federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year.
2. The household member on the petitioner/sponsors form I-864, and I-864A must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2s) submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year.

My question is, I have submitted my parents in law's tax return for 2006 to 2008. we do not have the year 2009 because it is not going to be ready until April. What do they want?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light

You definately got to submit what they have asked for. If you feel something was done incorrectly when you filed your taxes talk to the CPA who filed it for you. Or consult some reputed CPA. In case they feel the tax returns need to be ammended you can file an ammendment pay any dues remaining and send a copy of the same to USCIS. Usually immigration process is pretty independent from IRS for most cases so you should be fine. Between your immigration lawyer & CPA you can cover what ever CIS needs.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote