Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough

Sergey Brin (Russia) -- co-founder of Google.

Mark Shagal (or Marc Chagall -- another spelling), Belorussia (now Belarus) -- painter and stained glass artist.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca
The original name is Akeem Olajuwon. He started with it in Univ of Houston. It changed to Hakeem in college or NBA. I don't remember the exact time!

Yao Ming (China) First NBA pick, Dirk Nowitzki (Germany), Tony Parker (France), Wayne Gretzky (Canada). There are a lot in Baseball and Hockey!

My favorite basketball player of all time. He changed to Hakeem while in the pro's. I remember phi slamma jamma; clyde drexler, olajuwon, guy lewis, etc. I think he was the first foreign born player selected #1 overall in NBA draft.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cameroon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greencardvow is on a distinguished road
Default Google co-founder

Google Inc. founder-director Kavitark Ram Shriram is from India. Please add him to the list.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

I knew him from back home (who doesn't like to associate with success) as Akeem. It was later that he changed the spelling to Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitednations
My favorite basketball player of all time. He changed to Hakeem while in the pro's. I remember phi slamma jamma; clyde drexler, olajuwon, guy lewis, etc. I think he was the first foreign born player selected #1 overall in NBA draft.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default Quotes?

How about some quotes now

I'll throw some out there:-

"Immigration is not just compatible with but is a necessary component of economic growth."
Representative Dave Reichert (R - WA)

"When talking about immigration reform the very first point I always make is that our country is great because of immigration, not in spite of it."
Representative Sam Graves (R - MO)

"Alien. An American sovereign in his probationary state."
Ambrose Bierce (1842–1914), U.S. author.

"America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts."
James Madison

“Mr. Johnson, (said I) I do indeed come from Scotland, but I cannot help it”.... “That, Sir, I find is what a great many of your countrymen cannot help.”
Samuel Johnson

"It almost seems that nobody can hate America as much as native Americans. America needs new immigrants to love and cherish it."
Eric Hoffer, U.S. philosopher

"Our ancestors ... possessed a right, which nature has given to all men, of departing from the country in which chance, not choice has placed them."
Thomas Jefferson

It doesn't have to politicians - could be anyone (preferably famous!)

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 08-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future

Remember, remember always, that all of us... are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Remember that when you say "I will have non of this exile and this stranger for his face is not like my face and his speech is strange," you have denied America with that word.
- Stephen Vincent Benet

Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life.
- John F. Kennedy

This whole speech is worth reading only because ironically, despite what Johnson says, the 1965 bill preserved the per-country limits, and preserved the very thing the bill sought to eliminate...but the idealism of the time comes through clearly.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson...hom/651003.asp

"Our beautiful America was built by a nation of strangers. From a hundred different places or more they have poured forth into an empty land, joining and blending in one mighty and irresistible tide.

The land flourished because it was fed from so many sources--because it was nourished by so many cultures and traditions and peoples.

And from this experience, almost unique in the history of nations, has come America's attitude toward the rest of the world. We, because of what we are, feel safer and stronger in a world as varied as the people who make it up--a world where no country rules another and all countries can deal with the basic problems of human dignity and deal with those problems in their own way."
- Lyndon B. Johnson, 1965

Last edited by Googler; 08-04-2007 at 03:04 AM.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jamin is on a distinguished road

Shangmuga puttapan: Only person from chakkemandi to set foot on the US soil.

Quote by him - "wah...what a line for GC da?".

BTW, if you don't know yet, Mr. puttapan is dreaming of becoming a Governer of Califonia someday.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

SANJIV SIDHU, immigrant from India - Chairman, i2 tehnologies
INDRA NOOYI,immigrant from India - Chairman and CEO, pepsico foods
PADMASHREE WARRIOR, immigrant from India - Chief Technology Officer, Motorola

Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

Please act on the following Action Items.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca
I can not believe you chose Hakeem over His Airness and the Puppy, Scottie Pippen!

Although he is foriegn born he is not a foriegn player (in NBA lingo) because he played in college (US education changes some things!). Foriegners are players who did not play in college!
I know I am digressing but if you want to talk about acclaimed people then they gotta be people who weren't a product of the system here.

First time I saw him play was in the final four in 1982. I went to high school with a bunch of jamaicans and they all favored Ewing and Georgetown. I couldn't stand Georgetown or Ewing. You gotta admire someone who would be fasting in ramadan and still playing at a high level in basketball games.

Airness is at a different level, and is easy choice. Nobody from the bulls did anything after they left. I remember Pippens first nationally televised game with all the hype after he left the bulls and all he did was get schooled by Kobe big time.

Olajuwon was the only guy who got the better of Shaq pre 1999. I remember talking to a Nigerian taxi driver in 1993 and asked him about Olajuwon. He told me he was a terrible soccer goalie

Old 08-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bahamas
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun397 is on a distinguished road
Default Dont forget the father of Genetic Engineering

Gobind Khorana, who deciphered the genetic code!!!
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1968.
Born to a Hindu parents in India, naturalized US citizen, Presently a Professor at MIT.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bahamas
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun397 is on a distinguished road
Default ABUL K. ABBAS, MBBS(AIIMS< New Delhi)

ABUL K. ABBAS, MBBS
Professor & Chairman, Pathology, UCSF
Member, UCSF Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program (BMS)
Member, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center

Renowned Immunologist

Old 08-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
: