Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Items: Tri State, New England, Upstate New York and Surrounding Areas

Tri State Area folks will be playing a very important role in the September 18th DC rally. Tri State area has a huge immigrant community affected by backlogs and retrogression. A lot of financial companies, hospitals, non profit organizations, technology companies are in the Tri State Area so a huge turnout is expected.

The success of the DC Rally largely depends on the active participation from people living in the east coast especially in and around the Tri State Area. IV is expecting a large turnout from members in this area. As it is driving distance to DC, everyone must make it to the rally.

As we have only 5 weeks to go, for the rally – members in the DC area are swamped with a lot of work and preparation and we at Tri State area must share responsibilities. As time is ticking and we have very less time – start doing it now.

Some of the members met this on the weekend; we also had a conference call. We have decided to start working actively on some action items and already have 12 volunteers committed for the cause.

Currently, we have the following action items that are happening and we would be including more soon.

(1) Massive mobilization effort – phenomenal in nature
(2) Identifying volunteers and participants for the rally – email and phone calls
(3) Flyer distribution at public places
(4) Email write ups and fact sheets
(5) Spreading the message on the internet
(6) Banners and placards – to share the burden of our DC members
(7) Travel and accommodation logistics (every situation can be worked out – IV is ready to work with you in the best possible way if you show up)

Various volunteers have been assigned to the above tasks. We have members scattered in NY NJ CT and trying our best to be connected and get the ball rolling.

In addition to folks in Tri State Area, if you are living in New England and Upstate and PA region, please PM 'tnite' or 'tikka' or send an email with your phone number. We need to talk to you before we sign you up.

'Tikka' – Rohika – Email: tikka514 AT gmail DOT com
'Tnite' – Naveen - Email: naveennitchel AT gmail DOT com

As you start signing up for help, we will start having conference calls and re group people living in nearby areas for working on the action items. There is a separate email list where all volunteers will be added as you sign up.

We are trying to reach out to the Chinese community and other immigrant communities affected by retrogression and backlogs. We need a lot of help and co operation from these communities too. Please email us or PM us if you are from these communities and we can work in the best possible way to do action items for people in your communities.

Once we identify groups living close by, we will be distributing common work to you all.

We will be doing timely conference calls to discuss action items and updates and further strategies. Once people start signing in and we have a bigger crowd, we will do a meeting with an agenda.

Please concentrate on this thread and start posting messages, discussions, strategies and updates and achievements here.

Consistency is needed in this campaign for effective results.

A lot of hard work and persistence and motivation among members are needed to make this a grand success.

Once again we thank all members who are working extremely hard with a lot of dedication and perseverance.

Lets all support existing members to make this a huge success.

Last edited by chanduv23; 08-15-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Removed my name as primary contact - will be out of country for next 2 weeks, Rohika and Naveen will be the primary contacts
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go IV

I am in and will PM with my info. I am from Philly. Anyone one from philly, please help IV to help yourself.

Last edited by newuser; 08-13-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
KanME has a spectacular aura about KanME has a spectacular aura about KanME has a spectacular aura about

sent email to tikka to signup..

Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you all. For showing support

Old 08-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default 700 banners and placards

doing 700 banners and placards is a massive effort. we need sincere and committed members for helping us.

WE HAVE A MAMMOTH TASK AHEAD

For those who are hiding behind in closets:
If you are all having a prejudiced opinion about IV or the rally or the activities, please think about it. You must take 'U' turn in your thought process.

Remember, people are working sleepless nights to make this happen. Please do not think that coming to the rally or helping out is a favour. Please come out and do it wholeheartedly - you will be so happy when u work with fellow immigrants for a cause. The sense of satisfaction will be felt from within you.

Sincerity and commitment and perseverence is needed - lets all cooperate as a community.

Please help IV to help yourself - you have a choice - help yourself and help IV or do nothing and "Slow Bleed" your life and career.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
siravi has a spectacular aura about siravi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
doing 700 banners and placards is a massive effort. we need sincere and committed members for helping us.
Sincerity and commitment and perseverence is needed - lets all cooperate as a community.
Please help IV to help yourself - you have a choice - help yourself and help IV or do nothing and "Slow Bleed" your life and career.
Count me in.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23;

WE HAVE A MAMMOTH TASK AHEAD

For those who are hiding behind in closets:
If you are all having a prejudiced opinion about IV or the rally or the activities, please think about it. You must take 'U' turn in your thought process.

Remember, people are working sleepless nights to make this happen. Please do not think that coming to the rally or helping out is a favour. Please come out and do it wholeheartedly - you will be so happy when u work with fellow immigrants for a cause. The sense of satisfaction will be felt from within you.

To make approx 30 placards in SJ it took us approx 5 hours with three people plus 1 wood stapler and working under the light in the parking lot of HomeDepot. Approx 1 hour with 3 people was taken to paste the banners on the placard.

Best place to get cardboard of size 2X2 = COSTCO. They use these boards as layer separators for stacking cans/boxes.
Get multiple wood staplers (learn how to refill PINS..). Scout for working bench. We used HomeDepot cart. It is difficult to sit and work. Standing and working is easier. AND Finally have plenty of space in your car to store these banners and transport. Last but not the least have these banners collected for later purpose after the rally.
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by siravi View Post
Count me in.
You are already in You don't have a choice - thanks for coming in for both the meetings and committing to the cause.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post
To make approx 30 placards in SJ it took us approx 5 hours with three people plus 1 wood stapler and working under the light in the parking lot of HomeDepot. Approx 1 hour with 3 people was taken to paste the banners on the placard.

Best place to get cardboard of size 2X2 = COSTCO. They use these boards as layer separators for stacking cans/boxes.
Get multiple wood staplers (learn how to refill PINS..). Scout for working bench. We used HomeDepot cart. It is difficult to sit and work. Standing and working is easier. AND Finally have plenty of space in your car to store these banners and transport. Last but not the least have these banners collected for later purpose after the rally.

Thanks for the info. Looks like IV has some standard rules and protocols for doing these for the DC rally.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 08-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default Pamphlets?

Anyone considered the option to put up pamphlets at Chinese and Indian stores, temples etc (Not to mention the Indian Independence Day celebrations throughout the US)?

If we already have a design, I can put them up at the local stores here.

Before that... are we sure about the date this time?

Sorry... withdrawn.. I just saw Pappu's post in one of the other forums. I'll print those pamphlets out and put them up on the local stores here!

Last edited by dtekkedil; 08-14-2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Add more info

Old 08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Join yahoogroups

dtekkedil, please join NY state chapter egroups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny)
to get updated information regarding the volunteering activities. Also PM chanduv23 to become a tri-state volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtekkedil View Post
Anyone considered the option to put up pamphlets at Chinese and Indian stores, temples etc (Not to mention the Indian Independence Day celebrations throughout the US)?

Sorry... withdrawn.. I just saw Pappu's post in one of the other forums. I'll print those pamphlets out and put them up on the local stores here!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtekkedil View Post

Yes, there is action plan for that. Please volunteer, we need people, please email either of us with your phone number.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^