Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Action Items for everyone (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/)
-   -   Please sign petition: Keep the American Dream Alive (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1243160-please-sign-petition-keep-the-american-dream-alive.html)

AllVNeedGcPc 03-11-2010 12:32 PM

Please sign petition: Keep the American Dream Alive
 
Please take a moment to click here and sign the petition for Congress to work on Immigration reform:

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickTo...mericanDream_F

u.misc 03-11-2010 12:52 PM

Harichand - take the head out of your butt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harichand (Post 1596986)
this is useless and waste of time. I think nothing would help to fix this mess. Just stop wasting time.

Why don"t you take the head out of your butt and do something useful. Don't discourage the people who are trying to make a difference.

AllVNeedGcPc 03-11-2010 11:29 PM

Bump
 
Bump

wa_Saiprasad 03-12-2010 08:34 AM

I just did!
 
Everyone should get a fair chance to attain their american dream!

AllVNeedGcPc 03-16-2010 12:38 AM

^^bump^^
 
^^bump^^

gk_2000 07-14-2010 03:52 PM

did dat

belmontboy 07-14-2010 06:59 PM

Is this for legal immigration or both??

tuhin 07-14-2010 07:06 PM

dunno how much it helps...
 
But signed it anyways...

btw, is it for legal / illegal immigrants?

gk_2000 07-14-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belmontboy (Post 1969362)
Is this for legal immigration or both??

Why do you care? We get the damn spotlight because of the illegals, and our bus can't move unless the road is cleared. Just stating the reality..

gc_kaavaali 07-14-2010 07:42 PM

I just did it

belmontboy 07-14-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gk_2000 (Post 1969368)
Why do you care? We get the damn spotlight because of the illegals, and our bus can't move unless the road is cleared. Just stating the reality..

I care, bcoz I don't want to do anything that involves illegals.

go_guy123 07-14-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belmontboy (Post 1969362)
Is this for legal immigration or both??

Mainly for children of illegals.....their dream....Dream Act

greyhair 07-14-2010 11:04 PM

please do not sign this petition. This petition has nothing to do with green card reform.

This petition is for supporting dream act which has nothing to do with green card backlogs.

gc?? 07-15-2010 10:09 AM

My! So much anger!!!
I do not support entering US illegally, rules are made to be followed and those who violate it should be punished. However, I do feel that kids who came here at an younger age, when they have no say, and have no idea what is happening should be punished. It's just not right. Punish the parents not the kids!!

Johnny26 08-06-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc?? (Post 1969493)
My! So much anger!!!
I do not support entering US illegally, rules are made to be followed and those who violate it should be punished. However, I do feel that kids who came here at an younger age, when they have no say, and have no idea what is happening should be punished. It's just not right. Punish the parents not the kids!!

I do agree on what you say.It should be the parents not the kids.

greyhair 08-06-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny26 (Post 1976300)
I do agree on what you say.It should be the parents not the kids.

And what about children of those who arrived here legally. If a legal immigrant is waiting for 15 years, his child is deprived of every opportunity you seem to advocate for the children of the undocumented. That child waiting for 15 years is living through worst times because that child is stuck in the limbo, not knowing what he/she can or cannot do.

I do not have anything against children of the undocumented, infact, I do not have anything against any child PERIOD. All that I am saying is, if you are doing something for the children of the undocumented, why not grant the similar fairness for the children of legal immigrants. But HELL NO. Senator Durbin hates my child, as if my child does not deserve the same opportunity. Dream act is not making the dream of the children of the undocumented, it is depriving the children of legal immigrants of their dreams. Why is it so difficult to apply similar benefits to the children of legal immigrants?

teachamerica07 08-06-2010 09:10 PM

I agree with you grey hair. My daughter came here when she was 7. Now she is 17; about to enter college, stuck in the immigration limbo with pending I- 485 .


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org