Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

View Poll Results: Willing to split the cost of flying to DC for the rally?
I will fly to DC and attend the rally if another IV member reimburses 50% of the airfare. 16 5.90%
I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 50% airfare for someone flying to DC for the rally. 20 7.38%
I will attend this rally only if I am paid 100% airfare. 45 16.61%
I will attend this rally on my own expenses... no need of reimbursement. 108 39.85%
I will attend the rally, I will board the bus planned by my IV state chapter 17 6.27%
I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 100% airfare (or frequent flyer miles) for someone attending 8 2.95%
I cannot attend the rally but will pitch in for someone flying to DC (post the amount offered) 33 12.18%
I am looking for a car pool partner in order to make it (Post your location) 5 1.85%
I will drop and pick up people from the airport (Post your location) 10 3.69%
I will arrange accomodation in DC for someone attending (in a home or hotel) 9 3.32%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-filers as well as others

Re-filing deadline is over now, and there is no use whatsoever tracking receipts!

Please decide now, and please participate in the poll.
You have the option of saying "I want to be reimbursed upto 100%" .

Seriously, no need to feel shy... would you go if the rally was held 2 blocks away from your home? THAT is the question to answer for you (and it is really hard to understand why you would not go if the rally were held next door)!

If you are willing to go to the rally, there are members who can help you cover the cost of your airfare.

So please, make up your minds and grab those reibursement vouchers Thanks!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default more options added

to the poll
c'mon folks, pick your favorite!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks to the moderators!

Car-pooling etc added. So people, if your case was not "covered" before there are chances it now is
So... please exercise your voting right!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign

Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default GA chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_waiting View Post
Seems like this survey was directed at the people who would fly to DC for the rally. There are lot of members who live on the eastern seaboard at driveable distance from DC. 4/5 members car pooling to DC for about 8-9 hours with a driving load of couple of hours is a very viable option.

I tried to ask people if anybody is interested in car pooling from Atlanta and received a couple of responses. I am sure there are many people who cannot afford to fly but can still make it to the rally by road. Maybe another survey should be directed towards them.

P.S. Is there a GA chapter for IV? If anybody belonging to that chapter please PM me.

Please check the state chapters thread currently running. Someone from georgia did post there.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall2004us View Post
People flying from Northern and Southern California, try Jetblue airlines www.jetblue.com
the fares are pretty cheap if you fly out of oakland or long beach.
People with high airline miles can donate their miles to help buy the tickets.
--
Abhijit, Arun and D2k, thanks for driving this thread

Yes, I booked on Jetblue also. I fly out of Oakland. Put in request for two days off. Looking forward to this exciting event.
I booked my room at Harrington, as suggested by Franklin, this hotel is within walking distance from the Washington Monument.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Compare
GC444 is on a distinguished road
Default Will Contribute

I cannot attend due to my schedule , but will sponser a member who is willing to attend. Let me know and i can either contribute or sponser the ticket.
Although i was banned from this site previously !!
But i understand the reson for banning me !! No hard feelings , you guys are doing the right thing , may be i was wrong !!

Thanks

Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC444 View Post
I cannot attend due to my schedule , but will sponser a member who is willing to attend. Let me know and i can either contribute or sponser the ticket.

Thanks
Please submit your vote, thanks!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Compare
Default Did that

Submitted the vote
Thanks

Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Compare
Default What do i need to do

Now what do i need to do , how to sponser someone , can someone guide me please ?
Thanks

Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold
Default Already Contributed for the Rally

My husband and I cannot make it to the rally due to personal reasons. So we already contributed 300 dollars to the rally to compensate for our flight expenses to the rally.
Thanks
NK29

Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Np!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk29 View Post
My husband and I cannot make it to the rally due to personal reasons. So we already contributed 300 dollars to the rally to compensate for our flight expenses to the rally.
Thanks
NK29
Of course friend, no complaints about people like you Thanks.

At the same time, I would encourage others like you to directly help someone else fly... and encourage even more people to actually FLY.. the number of people willing to sponsor you is increasing!

Just saw 2 more votes, thanks to the people who voted.

GC444, read the first post for details. Someone will be assigned to you, and you can demand that he followed the process outlined so that things are transparent between you & him/her. Thanks for voting!

Last edited by abhijitp; 08-16-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default One More suggession.

Givers -- if you have zeroed in the person who you are sponsoring, please mention the name of the person in this thread, that way we can keep track of how many successful 'Giver - Taker' relation ships have been formed.

Last edited by ArunAntonio; 08-16-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Please sponsor a ticket

GC444, There are three individuals who have said that they will join the rally if they are reimbursed the air fare and you generously have agreed to sponser one persons airfare
Please contact the below three people and work out with them about which one you can sponser
akshayadalti, barnaba_mca, soni7007
Please follow the guidelines established by Abhijit and also on confirming the person you will be sponsoring please add his/her userid in this thread.
Oh and btw you are doing a great service to yourself and our community, Thanks.... and please continue be actively involved in this effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC444 View Post
Although i was banned from this site previously !!
But i understand the reson for banning me !! No hard feelings , you guys are doing the right thing , may be i was wrong !!

Thanks

Last edited by ArunAntonio; 08-16-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Yup... start closing out the deals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunAntonio View Post
Givers if you have zeroed in the person who you are sponsoring, please mention the name of the person in this thread, that way we can keep track of how many successful 'Giver - Taker' relation ships have been formed.
There is only one isssue right now... not enough takers... ever seen anything like that before

There is ONE " I will give 100% " already (our dear friend gc444... many thanks friend!) who can now approach one of the lucky "I will go if paid 100%", and announce the name of the winner here.

To grab the 50% awards (there are many of those now) someone must come forward to take them!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default wish i could change the poll

to allow more than one option to be selected
maybe someone will do more than one thing!