Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

View Poll Results: Willing to split the cost of flying to DC for the rally?
I will fly to DC and attend the rally if another IV member reimburses 50% of the airfare. 16 5.90%
I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 50% airfare for someone flying to DC for the rally. 20 7.38%
I will attend this rally only if I am paid 100% airfare. 45 16.61%
I will attend this rally on my own expenses... no need of reimbursement. 108 39.85%
I will attend the rally, I will board the bus planned by my IV state chapter 17 6.27%
I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 100% airfare (or frequent flyer miles) for someone attending 8 2.95%
I cannot attend the rally but will pitch in for someone flying to DC (post the amount offered) 33 12.18%
I am looking for a car pool partner in order to make it (Post your location) 5 1.85%
I will drop and pick up people from the airport (Post your location) 10 3.69%
I will arrange accomodation in DC for someone attending (in a home or hotel) 9 3.32%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's Partner to Increase Attendance!

IMPORTANT:
This holds true for all interested folks, they just need to submit their vote and provide a real email & phone. ArunAntonio, Venkygct, or I will then get in touch with them about the sponsorship.
Thanks for voting, keep voting!
Plan to attend (preferred), or sponsor a representative!

We will greatly appreciate people responding to PMs, emails, phone calls. If you changed your mind about the vote you submitted, then respond to our mails/calls and say so! Otherwise, it becomes much harder to forecast how much sponsorship we have and how many people are still waiting for help with the airfare.

Here is a summary of the people who have successfully participated so far in this drive, either as sponsors or as beneficiaries.

Sponsors:
aruben@srrlaw.us
andy_traps
arunantonio
gcformeornot
kasanski33
mkumar
Mplsmani
Munna Bhai
northstar1
rgrant
rajamanikannan
s_r_e_e
wooster
asanghi
delhirocks
eb2india
jaime
klpd
greenlight
Miya Maqbool
rahulpaper
saimrathi
Sam2006
sanojkumar
santb1975
Vinodnram
waiting4gc
sarathpo
udayak
boreal
vad
dfwhunt
cgeek4u
pboy
jamessingham
english_august
wooster
tiinap
asanghi
dfwhunt
rameshavula
ps57002
she81
ushkand

friends of venkygct
friends of abhijitp

Beneficiaries:
GSB
gbarquero
mrdelhiite
prouddesi
Amma
Dante1271
stevenlen
WeShallOvercome
cjsa33
punjabi
vsraja
kapil_jn
vaccine
dpuranik
psgupta9
luckydog
paulavijit
satishbsk
archu
thescadaman
arc
diffuser78
sachinbet
visves
nikunjnathani
nk007
prp925

We thank every single person in that list for making it possible!

Others, please vote to see your name there

Folks,

Please participate in the poll to announce if you are okay to split the cost of attending the DC rally with another member. Tell us if
1. you will go if somebody pays 50% of your airfare
2. you cannot go but would like to pay 50% airfare for someone else to go
3. you will go if you got reimbursed 100% for the airfare
4. you cannot go but you can reimburse upto 100% airfare for someone else to go, if so just reply to the thread and say so.
5. you want to pitch in with some $$ amount to help someone fly to DC... if so just reply to the thread and say so.

"Sponsors" can expect some transparency from the "beneficiaries" as follows, however not every sponsor is insisting on this process especially if the beneficiary "seems" to to be a trustworthy member... the final decision lies with the sponsor:

"Takers" should
1. buy air ticket
2. attend DC rally
3. get a photograph of yourself along with the rally
4. scan and email your photo from DC rally
5. scan and email your driving license/ passport (to cross check it is YOUR photo
6. scan your air ticket/ email your e-ticket etc
7. get reimbursed to the amount and in the way you and the "giver" agree on.. e.g. check/ paypal.

Thanks!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Last edited by abhijitp; 09-14-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default continued..

After listening to Aman on Sunday in the Bay Area, even I am considering attending the DC rally. I will DEFINITELY go if somebody can pitch 50% of the airfare-- which is about $280 (United Airlines from Oakland CA to Washington DC- Dulles).

When this poll closes:
1) If none of you can pitch in... I will probably STILL try and go... but I will feel very very bad, and this will reflect in my upcoming video Nah... just kidding
2) If a LOT of you pitch in, you will be asked to get in touch with each other to help one or both of you fly-- but thereafter you cannot say you won't attend becaue of the $$ involved.

However, I can only take ONE day off and that will be the D-Day i.e. Sept 18th, 2007. I am running a few days negative leave balance, and if I don't recover from it by end of this year, I must "pay" for it... literally

So folks... tell us if you can pitch in to help another IV member fly to DC!
Thanks!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign

Last edited by abhijitp; 08-15-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Bump!

People who were not going to attend the DC rally, this poll was designed with your needs in mind so please participate.
If you do not participate, and you also do not show up in DC, then we will know you clicked the 5th option!
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Bump

Thanks to the two people who voted for (2).
Come on people... accept these two offers quickly and book your air tickets for the DC rally!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Compare
manish_jain99 is on a distinguished road
Default I will either attend or wil pay for atleast on persons' trip

I am all in a mood to attend the DC rally. There are slim chances that I might not be able to go. I will be able to confirm that only on 28th August. If I fail to go, I will definately fund someone's ticket.

Manish

Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_jain99 View Post
I am all in a mood to attend the DC rally. There are slim chances that I might not be able to go. I will be able to confirm that only on 28th August. If I fail to go, I will definately fund someone's ticket.

Manish
We need more people like you, so that others can attend... who have the time but not the $$ for airfare from places like Texas, Midwest, West Coast, CO etc. etc.
Of course, nothing like it if YOU can attend yourself.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k View Post
Now
Others, please participate in poll to say if 50% is too much. Maybe you can contribute 20% (or maybe a flat figure of $100)? If so, reply and say so!

No kidding... if even 5 members can come together and increase participation by 1, it's still better than all 5 of them just waiting and not doing anything to help increase attendance.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough

I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 50% airfare for a Senior Active Memeber flying to DC for the rally
________
Tiffalicious

Last edited by s_r_e_e; 09-15-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Senior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_r_e_e View Post
I cannot attend the rally but will reimburse 50% airfare for a Senior Active Memeber flying to DC for the rally
I can understand active (which anyone going for the DC Rally IS).. but senior reflects on nothing but your number of posts!

Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Help Yourselves

Please take part in this effort in any way thay you can:

1 - Attend the rally
2 - Generate media attention for this event
3 - Inform others, encourage others to attend
4 - Be active in the IV forum, spread the word, motivate others and keep the spirit up!!
5 - If you are not able to attend sponsor some one else.

This is it folks .... its the final show down....
NOW or NEVER !!

Last edited by ArunAntonio; 08-16-2007 at 04:15 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default thanks... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k View Post
You will be going so book your ticket.

Don't worry

We'll arrange funds for you

In worst case if nobody else pays
I'll pay 200 for you.
Actually I am hoping that there will be enough option A's for the option B's that are coming forward to help So, I will prefer to book my own tickets or get part-sponsorship from my own personal friends who complain about retrogression. This is their chance to feel ownership for the cause, it is not as if I cannot pay those $300 for the ticket!
BTW, I just requested leave approval... hopefully it will be approved quickly.

Last edited by abhijitp; 08-16-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default nice going!

abhijit the state chapters can help get people together too
those who cannot go can help someone else who can...
maybe even offer a ride to the airport..or arrange stay with a friend...orrr
pack a home cooked meal?

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default great ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
abhijit the state chapters can help get people together too
those who cannot go can help someone else who can...
maybe even offer a ride to the airport..or arrange stay with a friend...orrr
pack a home cooked meal?
BTW how can we change the poll options, to accomodate thse things?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
I can understand active (which anyone going for the DC Rally IS).. but senior reflects on nothing but your number of posts!

The reason for adding senior was just to make sure that some one doesn?t go for a personal trip to DC taking advantage of this.

On the other hand, if an activist, like you, can co-ordinate this (collect from me, and reimburse the attendee in person at DC) it would be more transparent. Just a thought
________
properties Pattaya

Last edited by s_r_e_e; 09-15-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice
Default Need another week before i commit

I will not be able to attend. I am convincing my friends to go to the rally. If i am successfull in it i will be paying expenses for their car rental so that they can attend the rally. If this does not work i will be happy to reimburse 50% of airfare to anyone. I will try atleast another week before i give up.