Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default December Bulletin :CHANNELIZE YOUR FRUSTRATION INTO POSITIVE ENERGY

This is the time to channelize all your frustration into positive energy. Yes, we can collective work towards ending retrogression.

Join your State Chapter today

Follow the link

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

Come on folks, this is time for action.

Start working towards IVs goals and you will be glad that you are doing it.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

I totally agree that we must channelize all our frustration into positive energy. But, sometimes I get a feeling that I don't belong in the US anymore and why should I fight for something that is never going to happen.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_248 View Post
I totally agree that we must channelize all our frustration into positive energy. But, sometimes I get a feeling that I don't belong in the US anymore and why should I fight for something that is never going to happen.
In a recent bollywood movie (Om Shanti Om) is this popular dialog "If you want something and you make sincere efforts and have the confidence and are persistently trying with a open heart, the whole world will do what it takes to make sure you get what you want, and if you have not yet got what you want then the show is not yet over, it continues "

You very much belong to the US. Try to understand the politics. This is a democracy and everything goes through legislative and administrative processes.

If there is some place you can do to help yourself, it can be possible in the US only. Politicians listen to us and definitely do something.

So think positive and start participating in grass roots efforts

Old 11-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
This is the time to channelize all your frustration into positive energy. Yes, we can collective work towards ending retrogression.

Join your State Chapter today

Follow the link

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

Come on folks, this is time for action.

Start working towards IVs goals and you will be glad that you are doing it.
----
Absolutely, join the state chapters and join hands to act. If not than be prepared to wait for a rreally long time for your GCs.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Default EB2 retro

Hello all IV members,

I was wondering, the 7% green card allotment for each country, can than be considered as racial discrimination? I mean a law suit against USCIS for discriminating against skilled workers.

A question for all you, what do you think is going to happen? will EB2 move fast in next few months, I don't understand how can U.S govt play will all our lives? We all have some personal decisions on hold,

Lastly i feel, we should contact some high profile politicians in India, so they can put a question or make some time of arrangement for Indians who are stuck over here, we all know unites states is interested in nuclear deal, if some type of provision is put in there to help Indians in this country

how about holding another DC rally?

We have to do some big about all this crap!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
Hello all IV members,

I was wondering, the 7% green card allotment for each country, can than be considered as racial discrimination? I mean a law suit against USCIS for discriminating against skilled workers.

A question for all you, what do you think is going to happen? will EB2 move fast in next few months, I don't understand how can U.S govt play will all our lives? We all have some personal decisions on hold,

Lastly i feel, we should contact some high profile politicians in India, so they can put a question or make some time of arrangement for Indians who are stuck over here, we all know unites states is interested in nuclear deal, if some type of provision is put in there to help Indians in this country

I am not sure it can be argued as discrimination. All countries equally have the 7% cap. UK, Norway, Germany, Sweden, China, India, South Africa.....Just so happens that lot more applicants from India, China, Mexico, philipines.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts
Default sounds good...

Wow.. That sounds like a plan.... What about contacting Lalu...

[quote=kumarc123;195464]Hello all IV members,

QUOTE]

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Canadianindian will become famous soon enough Canadianindian will become famous soon enough
Default Another DC Rally and/or media campaign

The December bulletin is extremely frustrating.

Does anyone suggest another DC rally or another media campaign could bring some attention to our plight? I am up for either/both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
Hello all IV members,

Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why feel frustrated?

Some folks are disappointed with the latest bulletin? Well, what else were you expecting?
And why should you care? One of IV's goals is to abolish retrogression and take away all the glamor associated with priority dates and visa bulletins! So, wake up if you haven't already... join your state chapter, and become an active member!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
KanME has a spectacular aura about KanME has a spectacular aura about KanME has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianindian View Post
The December bulletin is extremely frustrating.

Does anyone suggest another DC rally or another media campaign could bring some attention to our plight? I am up for either/both.
Super..if you are all charged up join your state chapter today and brainstorm with your peers and lets fight this together..but first things first JOIN YOUR CHAPTER..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MA_Immigration_Voice/
Recurring contributions to IV ...
Attended Advocacy in DC April 2011 and September 2011

Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanME View Post
Super..if you are all charged up join your state chapter today and brainstorm with your peers and lets fight this together..but first things first JOIN YOUR CHAPTER..
He is in the Tri State Chapter and hope we will see some action from him soon

Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Let's all participate in IV's efforts...

All the thoughts...and suggestions in the heat of the moment is fine....but let'sa ll stick to the same passion and participate in IV efforts with the same enthusiasm.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about
Default It is discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapota View Post
I am not sure it can be argued as discrimination. All countries equally have the 7% cap. UK, Norway, Germany, Sweden, China, India, South Africa.....Just so happens that lot more applicants from India, China, Mexico, philipines.
People from those countries listed by you (except China & India) can get GC much faster than people from India and China even though both of them have same / similar / identical skill-set, just because of this per country limit. is it not discrimination?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light
Default options before elections 2008

It is 200% certain that the politicians will not touch the immigration topic in the next one year. Even after best efforts of the president the immigration bill failed in the senate few months ago.

One and only one thing that can be tried before Nov 2008 is the recapture of visa numbers from the last five years. I think IV should push for that.

Other than the above not much can happen, get ready for really long cold winter and then a looong hot summer. I wish things were better.