Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 997
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Guys,

I have thought of one more idea..

We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).

And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.

Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front

Anyone having the facts and numbers of 245(i)?
This will need a legislative change.
I have some information about 245(I) here EbImmigrationReference
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #62 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 757
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Again, as I mentioned, we are jumping all over the board with different ideas and opinions. This leads to no where. Someone who has good understanding of USCIS / DOS / Govt procedures should come up with an agenda and move forward from there. We'll need to work with IV leadership team too. (At this time, I don't think they are even looking into this effort, as understandably they have other goals in hand). However, we should approach them with concrete plan of action.

Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.

Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.

What say you guys?

Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #63 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,253
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Again, as I mentioned, we are jumping all over the board with different ideas and opinions. This leads to no where. Someone who has good understanding of USCIS / DOS / Govt procedures should come up with an agenda and move forward from there. We'll need to work with IV leadership team too. (At this time, I don't think they are even looking into this effort, as understandably they have other goals in hand). However, we should approach them with concrete plan of action.

Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.

Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.

What say you guys?

Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.
Well the plan for now has to be just brain-storming. So let's compile the best ideas from here and make a list. So let's suggest our ideas and discuss the merits and de-merits of each of them

We should have some criteria to evaluate the ideas. I propose (in order of importance):

- Can be done with admin fix
- Controversy. Would like path of least resistance
- Addresses EB3 problem

All are free to develop upon these..
__________________
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | YouTube
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #64 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 481
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rock View Post
If there is a non-controversial immi. law change attempt I will donate $500. I will also bring my friends and the total may exceed $2000. We all willing to donate but only if we know that there is good chance of passing.

If there is an attempt to push ideas like recapture, forget it. It will not pass in this economy. I do not want to waste my money and time on those kind of ideas.

IMHO. Not to find fault with anyone. Please do not mistake me.
what is the percentage you are looking ? 50 -50 ?I know thousands of people who can write a check for 10K to support any law that can give them a GC in the next 3-6 months..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #65 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 228
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by royus77 View Post
what is the percentage you are looking ? 50 -50 ?I know thousands of people who can write a check for 10K to support any law that can give them a GC in the next 3-6 months..
Here is the thing: We all can write 10K checks to get a GC in next 3-6 months but things don't work that way...small persistent steps lead to assured success...see if you can get the people you know sign up for a 6 USD per week recurring donation, it takes 5 minutes of their time.

This is like having one subway sandwich per week for 6 months, the key is to do it persistently every week/month. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #66 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 228
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rock View Post
If there is a non-controversial immi. law change attempt I will donate $500. I will also bring my friends and the total may exceed $2000. We all willing to donate but only if we know that there is good chance of passing.

If there is an attempt to push ideas like recapture, forget it. It will not pass in this economy. I do not want to waste my money and time on those kind of ideas.

IMHO. Not to find fault with anyone. Please do not mistake me.
Hey Buddy,
recapture is not controversial and has nothing to do with economy...not sure where you got that from, recapture of EB numbers is what we are proposing - this will not take away any american jobs but only alleviate the wait times for folks like you and me. Also, we've to accept the fact that anything related to immigration will be controversial - there is no denying of it, unfortunately.

Coming to the donations, please don't donate in huge sums because you'll have huge expectations...I'd say start off in small steps - 6 USD per week for 6 months...I signed up for it and it took me 5 minutes and 150 USD for the next 6 months, not too bad right!

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #67 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 228
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation

But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.

Let me put forward my idea.

The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.

Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile

Unsolicited advice - Let's put a small amount as a deposit before we begin these efforts - 6 USD per week for 6 months (signing up for 25 USD per month for 6 months)...I did it and took me 5 minutes, now I am more dedicated to this effort than ever before and am sure that this dedication will have a positive impact on our future efforts...thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #68 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 228
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiouspride View Post
I would be more than happy to help with whatever ideas you have on mind. Even if IV decides to create an exclusive EB3 fund, count me in for any monetary contribution.
Good to see someone from EB-2 advocating an exclusive EB-3 monetary fund...I think the spirit of this gesture speaks for the fact that we are in this together...let's translate into a "donor" status if possible...personally, I'm not bothered whether my donations go towards EB-2 or EB-3 and that should not be our long-term vision.

Let's believe in IV and believe in ourselves that we are better than this EB-2/EB-3 divisions. Good luck to all of us!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #69 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 287
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Guys,

I have thought of one more idea..

We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).

And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.

Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front

Anyone having the facts and numbers of 245(i)?

I have asked this question over and over again but Iv doesn't seem to entertain it. IV number crunchers are busy developing and applying patent for a sofware on GC estimation.
245(i) consumed EB3 worldwide quota and is responsilbe to backlog along with deliberate delay by USCIs.
But thas history now, what do we do in future matter more...I think If economy doesn't improves EB3s are infor a big shock.
Post election if Republicans win then they will do their best to deny GCs to all backlog guys so that they can enjoy thier loot (Social secuirty,foreclosed homes)...

Last edited by immigrant2007; 08-12-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #70 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 287
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Hey Buddy,
recapture is not controversial and has nothing to do with economy...not sure where you got that from, recapture of EB numbers is what we are proposing - this will not take away any american jobs but only alleviate the wait times for folks like you and me. Also, we've to accept the fact that anything related to immigration will be controversial - there is no denying of it, unfortunately.

Coming to the donations, please don't donate in huge sums because you'll have huge expectations...I'd say start off in small steps - 6 USD per week for 6 months...I signed up for it and it took me 5 minutes and 150 USD for the next 6 months, not too bad right!

Thanks!
I agree recapture will not impact jobs much. Becuase all of them are already on job....
(atmost the jobs that spouses might take up after GC, but too will be minimum, anyone who wanted to work is already working on EADs of wahetvere is available to them)...
I like your suggestion on donations ...We should aim of a chain reaction type of campaign for EB3
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #71 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
seeker999 can only hope to improve
Default EB3 voice

I like the idea of separate fund for EB3.
Is there no one in IV admins /founders who are interested in EB3?

I believe we need to have a EB3 wing in IV ,Ideally the max donors in EB3 ( atleast 10) can be the decision makers and can ensure EB3 voice is also heard.

We should have the % board members in IV from EB3 wing reflecting the amounts donated by EB3.

Looks like we already have Patton Boggs lobbying for IV. Did any EB3 candidate ever given an chance to interact with them. Exactly how does this work ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=43&Itemid=48

I feel that if given a chance to talk to Patton Boggs and present our views. There can be huge amounts of funds that can be raised.

Last edited by seeker999; 08-12-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #72 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 39
battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light
Default Why they are not moving EB3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openarms View Post
How come a person with EB2 category applied GC in 2006 doing the same thing that a EB3 person does who applied GC in 2002 gets their Green Cards approved?? Again not against any category...What in the world of kinda rationale is this is??
not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.

EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.

This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....

EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...

I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.
__________________


Priority Date : Mar, 15th 2004
Category : EB3
I140 Mailed Date : 07/17/2007
I140 Approved Date : 03/23/2008
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : Waiting for the Visa Dates

======================
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #73 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 287
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by battineni View Post
not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.

EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.

This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....

EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...

I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #74 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 997
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.
Don't be disappointed.
We are focusing on another thread right now.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...on-by-dos.html

Please post your ideas on this thread.

Last edited by gc28262; 08-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #75 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2010, 05:30 PM
SGP SGP is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 824
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm In

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation

But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.

Let me put forward my idea.

The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.

Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile
I Agree with you. Count me in.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: Decision to Deny Asylum to "Son of Hamas" Is "Idiotic" by Jason Dzubow Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 06-26-2010 02:50 PM
Status change from "approval notice sent" to "document mailed " rovingeye All other Green Card Issues 3 07-26-2009 10:08 PM
I-130 Priority Date: "A", "P", meaning SanunkNYC Immigrant Visa 0 03-17-2009 10:09 PM
Are "Sr Support Engineer" and "Software engineer" AC21 Similar ? softgc All other Green Card Issues 5 04-11-2008 09:33 PM
Pros and Cons between "H4 + EAD" vs. "H-1B", for your hints... puppykitten Non-Immigrant Visas 3 03-23-2007 02:09 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org