Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some of you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves

I have been member of IV since Dec 05. Probably since a couple of weeks after it was founded.

In last 2 years, I have seen many ups and downs with this org and there are numerous stories to share in my work with core and grassroots, with lobbyists and congressional staffers, with friends and colleagues.

But what has been happening in few places lately is something that those responsible should be ashamed of.

On saturday IV chapter leader in Texas Needhelp! had organized a local chapter meetup. Now you may ask, oh, another one of those. What do they do anyways?

Well, here is what we do in chapter meetups.

WE WORK.

We find groups that can be formed to meet local congressmen. We refine talking points. We share updates that we dont usually share on website. We help new members get up to speed. We sometimes get local immigration attorneys to answer questions on pro-bono basis (yes, that means free for you) to serve the community. Lawyers get free publicity, we get free legal advise. A symbiotic quid-pro-quo.

This is what happened this weekend in Plano TX (Dallas Suburb).

Now mind you, Dallas area alone has probably atleast 300 registered members. Not to mention the lurkers for whom I have a special message below(at the end).

This is what she (Needhelp) reported after chapter meetup.

Quote:
Most members who were expected to show up did not. I spent whole morning preparing this, I feel guilty that I made my daughter miss her dance class and then those who had RSVPed didnt show up.
Yep. She missed an extra carricular event important to her daughter for this meetup.

Dont even get me started on those who live 10 miles from Plano Texas and dont bother responding even.

You know, when someone arranges to send you details in email and you know about it, you say you will attend and then you dont, what do you think is going to happen?

IF EAD IS THE END OF THE ROAD FOR YOU...

If EAD is the end of the road for you, then why are you still coming to this website. There are about always 600-700 people on this site during the day and about 300 people at night. Who are these people?

The truth of the matter is, the ones who dont contribute, have stopped contributing, or have never contributed funds, attended events or given anything to this org - but still keep scouring theads - are the people to be pitied. You will always be worried. "Mera kyaa hoga". (what will happen to me). Your journey wont end. Ever. Even after getting GC you will be worried about citizenship. Even after getting citizenship, there will be small itch in your head - what if my citizenship is revoked (yes it can legally happen and has happened to a WWII genocide guy in 2001-2002 timeframe, go google it and ruin your rest of the day).

The truth of the matter is, right now, even after getting EAD, then only action you have taken is either stopped contributing funds, or stopped giving any of your time to this org.

But your life has not changed one bit.

You probably wont even use your EAD or change employers. You will constanly be worried about your namecheck, your fingerprints, your this, your that. You will be worried about new inquiries and RFEs coming on your approved 140 (approved years ago) during 485 processing. (yes that can happen too). You will be worried about accidental rejection of 485 (that's why most of the people wont even use EAD and continue on H1 to preserve option of using appeals process to appeal 485 rejection on H1). You will be worried about USCIS not buying your AC21 portability and sending your RFEs to prove that the ported job is "Same or similar" in nature. You will be worried about being unemployed for few weeks at a wrong time just about when 485 RFE comes and you dont have a letter to show you have a job offer to justify 485 approval.

So basically the struggle hasnt ended. Yes, keeping looking at your EAD in your wallet every 3 minutes, its still miserable.

So why not act to end the misery rather than scour forums and comiserate. Is it that much fun to comiserate and is it that much pain to co-operate?

THE LURKERS ON THIS SITE WHO WILL NEVER REGISTER OR DO ANYTHING AT ALL.

Not to mention how many cowards (yes, cowards who think that by registeration on this website, the USCIS will send a black helicopter to their home and abduct and deport them, the ones who have watched the movie "enemy of the state" too many times and think that there is a Jon Voight out there who has nothing to do both to pluck legal skilled immigrants and throw them out). I have a special message for those lurkers who need this website and visit it everyday but dont have the balls to register, share email and participate in any activity. This isnt about a chapter meetup, or your greencard or even this org. Your reluctance is not a reflection of your over-cautiousness. Its a reflection of your character. You will eventually get greencard, become citizens even, but this kind of cowardly attitude will made you lead a boring, uneventful and mediocre life.

And by the way, if the government was really after you, they would have already gotten to you for browsing this site too. Dont you think they (the black helicopter guys) can find our who you are while you are lurking? Ever heard of IP addresses? If I can find that out then they can do much more.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

People feel as if they have achieved something big after getting an EAD. EAD is not a visa and EAD status is not a valid status. You in fact lose your h1b valid status once you invoke AC21.

I have personally seen people change their attitudes as if they have achieved a gold medal in Olympics and talk big about "'Fingerp[rinting", about AC21, as if they have written the AC21 law. Does anyone know how AC21 came into picture on the first hand? There was an advocacy group called "Immigrant Social Network" that was behind the AC21. Prior to that, EB rules were extremely stringent with no portability.

Everyone browses this website, gains knowledge and behaves as if he/she is an immigration expert and has achieved something big.

We have been cajoling people. To what extent?

Words cannot describe the amount of effort "needhelp" has been putting in. She still continues to be the same and claims that her morale will never go down and her commitment levels have increased. All the cowards, and so called smart asses - try to learn some good lessons from people like her.

Life is not all about shopping at Macys, talking about fingerprinting, and watching TV, and spending hours on phones talking about how dealstobuy is different from buy.com or not about how CVS pharma sells the same item for less rate than rite aid. Life is not all about "sitting here doing nothing and talking about how different countries are rising and why one MUST not care for his own good"

IV is a volunteer organization and every member is equally responsible member. If you try to elude, and act smart - it only reflects your dirty character.

If you are here, do something. Yes, atleast something that you feel you can do. Please do not cheat those who are working extremely hard for your cause.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default I feel sorry

I feel sorry for whatever happened to needhelp...don't worry needhelp...everything will be allright....whoever did that to needhelp should feel ashamed...

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

This sort of response is not surprising at all to me. I sent individual emails to at least twenty members from my state to try and galvanize some action and did not receive one single reply.

There are four of us who seem to be keen to try to get something moving but that seems to be a bit lame when we can only muster four people from an entire state.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Come on

needhelp! I have never met you but from seeing your effort in the fund drive I know you motivate people.

Keep up the good work, with time your state chapter will be one of the best.

Shame on those who RSVPed and didn't show.

Our current situation is dire. Even a back of the envelop calculation of wait times for a lot of us seems unreal. Being inactive in the only organization that speaks in our voice is just not being smart. We cannot let laziness take over and live in denial of the immigration mess.

For the members who do not want to volunteer for IV activities, the least you can do is contribute to the IV funds.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post their names/IV handles

Can you pls post their names/IV handles, so that everyone know who those cowards are ? I am sure a lot of them masquerade as experts on this website, but dont bother to move their butts when needed

Old 12-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about
Default Please do not do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
Can you pls post their names/IV handles, so that everyone know who those cowards are ? I am sure a lot of them masquerade as experts on this website, but dont bother to move their butts when needed
We will not achive anything by this. Please do not post any name IMHO. Yes we have issues but nothing can be resolved by getting angry. All such posts are only going to aleinate those who are looking for a meanigful excahnge. Why get into mudslinging. When some one like 'logiclife' is expressing didain then he has full right to do so after having given so much to this cause. Let us all be the antidote to this issue by keep the process of encouraging/informing/inviting our friends/collegues after such experiences. Impatience will not get us anywhere. Nobody said this will be easy. So let's get at in every possible way.

'needhelp' may very well need more help to do such things in the future!!! well a lesson learnt is knowledge gained.

Seniors please please be patient with the us all here. It will all work out, we have to keep at it.......

Old 12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/23/2007
Compare
puvathoor has a spectacular aura about puvathoor has a spectacular aura about puvathoor has a spectacular aura about
Default Positive solution

Being bitter does not get us anywhere..

There are only so many leaders who are willing to galvanize people. Most people are content to be followers or be in the sidelines..

Do not expect everyone to be in leadership roles.. As you might know from any meetings, lots of people RSVP but don't show up.. It is unfortunate but that is the truth in pretty much any type of meetings..

The Houston chapter is getting more action. Why don't we collaborate and talk together.. Remember, we don't need 100s of leaders.. We need 10 - 20 who can get the rest of the people moving..

Lets not lose hope and surely, lets not get bitter and angry. We all make sacrifices.. There is no way to compare one versus the other.. and comparing does not get us anywhere..

Lets not look for what other people can do for us.. lets look what we (be it 10 or 100 of us) can do for everyone else..

Most people in the forum will support and help us.. A few people will just read and be cynical.. some will be free riders.. we cannot change these..

What we can do is make a decision to drive change.. and work towards it..

Change will happen.. We just have to persist and believe..

--------
PD: Oct 2003 (India)
I140 AD: Aug 07
I485 - RD Jun 2007
AP / EAD - AD ~Oct 07
-------
Approved Mar 08

Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road
Default nothing changed at all

Visiting IV webiste after long time, (yes I got my GC ), feel nothing has changed, another flaming post from logiclife and he hopes it will touch egos of those ( as he calls them cowards), but my friend their skin so thick they won't even feel it,

I have been in this position, when I tried to start state chapter, I was not able to find single person, At that time I had EAD and sucessfully changed jobs, I knew many friends who were still in H1B and crib on every time how they have been exploited,

Anyway one thing comes to my mind, it still amazes how Mahatma Gandhi was able to inspire people out of this lot to do what they did

Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

“You are a coward when you even seem to have backed down from a thing you openly set out to do”
Mark Twain

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07

Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Logiclife and Chanduv23.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

I am not sure why we are focusing so much on the negatives of Plano meeting. There were so many new members for this meeting. I am not sure why nobody is focusing on this positive outcome.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3India View Post
Anyway one thing comes to my mind, it still amazes how Mahatma Gandhi was able to inspire people out of this lot to do what they did
You tried to bring up very fundamental question. That requires pages and pages of debate but in short answer to your curiosity lies in the "set of people". Mahatma had to address a very different set of people and very different set of conditions. Let's stop this there.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
I have been member of IV since Dec 05. Probably since a couple of weeks after it was founded.
I fully agree with Logiclife . All these people can't be termed anything else . "Cowards" correctly describes them.

I see people all the time worrying about their receipt notices, fingerprinting , india trip, stamping , I-94 , EAD , AC - 21 etc etc etc .. it makes me sick. No one contributes ( except a few 1 % ) . Even if 10% of the people contributed either financially or doing volunteer work we would make a worthwhile difference .

I don't much care about GC but seeing these people it seems like if they got a GC they will get a magic wand and somehow it will be the end of all that is wrong with their lives.

Guys sitting at the fences and lurking in shadows - GC is not the cause of whatever is wrong with your life.. you are . You remain what you are with or without GC.

But for the rest of us lets not lose hope on these guys. Lets do what we can and be patient. We should do our best and hope for the best.

GO IV !!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default just a little more sincerity

If existing members don't show the commitment to the meetings or whatever we organize, then how can we expect new members to do anything?

I feel weird even saying this, but guys don't you know that it is simple courtesy to let the host know in advance if you can't make it?

And anything more than 15 minutes late is just plain RUDE! Do we have to teach this?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Closed Thread