Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Its very simple, something has been happening/will happen to you that is not right. Will you keep quiet thinking that your efforts will not yield anything, or will you stand up and say something about it until you get heard?
They teach this in my daughters' kindergarten. This is what being a good citizen is all about.
Like as simple as, if there is a pothole on the road near your house and you don't care about it because you think even if you complain to the authorities they wont do anything. But when you or someone dear to you fall into it, you will realise that you never wanted to get it fixed, leave alone the authorities but you yourself were never motivated to do something about it.

In general, Indians or South Asians, do not participate in community efforts, it is a trait. People follow the system and go by it, if it is not working, they keep quiet and gear up for consequences or look for alternatives, but will never do anything to see a change in a good direction. If people can come out of that mindset and look at the efforts and want to participate and feel a part of the community, they can definitely be a star and shine in their own light.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
asharda is a jewel in the rough asharda is a jewel in the rough asharda is a jewel in the rough
Post Concern:

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Its very simple, something has been happening/will happen to you that is not right. Will you keep quiet thinking that your efforts will not yield anything, or will you stand up and say something about it until you get heard?
They teach this in my daughters' kindergarten. This is what being a good citizen is all about.
Isn't that how most people are? Passively sitting, waiting for things to happen to them; rather than standing up and making it happen themselves: being reactive rather than proactive.

If that is not the case,then I am trying hard to understand why a strong community of more than 20,000 members is not able to gather more than 400 letters?

Personally, I feel we are looking for that ray of hope which is dwindling and that is why the efforts are weakening.

I will once again pledge to do my part.

Thanks for the advice. IV ROCKS

Last edited by asharda; 01-23-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharda View Post
Isn't that how most people are? Passively sitting, waiting for things to happen to them; rather than standing up and making it happen themselves: being reactive rather than proactive.

If that is not the case,then I am trying hard to understand why a strong community of more than 20,000 members is not able to gather more than 400 letters?

Personally, I feel we are looking for that ray of hope which is dwindling and that is why the efforts are weakening.

I will once again pledge to do my part.

Thanks for the advice. IV ROCKS
Thanks for the pledge, please help support this campaign

Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute

We need to look outside IV too.
Only a dozen members from NorCal attended the event on Sunday, but there were 60+ signed letters at the end of the day.

This is the easy part of this campaign... you can look outside IV for help! People (including citizens) are willing to help our cause, we just need to reach out to them!

Let our members take their time writing their letters, we cannot wait for them, we have a job... and we shall not rest until we bring home victory!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
We need to look outside IV too.
Only a dozen members from NorCal attended the event on Sunday, but there were 60+ signed letters at the end of the day.

This is the easy part of this campaign... you can look outside IV for help! People (including citizens) are willing to help our cause, we just need to reach out to them!

Let our members take their time writing their letters, we cannot wait for them, we have a job... and we shall not rest until we bring home victory!
You are the "Man of the match"

Old 01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timid member on call to Rajiv Khanna

There was this chap on Mr. Khanna's most recent conference call who talked about this new IV letter campaign.

He asked Rajiv if there was any risk in writing letters to the White House. With such a mentality, I worry about the base of immigrants. Another "crab" thoughts person. NOTE: He might or might not have been an IV member.

I guess I will hand over the reigns to you esteemed IV members to bash this guy.

PS: I have mailed out mine
U.S. STEM Graduate been here since 1997 | >$15k for GC w/no end in sight

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin, July 4th, 1776

Last edited by cygent; 01-26-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/07/2006
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all
Default Nothing to loose

Some people lazy, some scary of they do not know of what....
as I am

But, I've been always thinking from this point of view: IF I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE- WHY DO NOT TRY?

Sent 2 letters, convince to send 3 friends of mine, hope to get more...

Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
flipflop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Like as simple as, if there is a pothole on the road near your house and you don't care about it because you think even if you complain to the authorities they wont do anything. But when you or someone dear to you fall into it, you will realise that you never wanted to get it fixed, leave alone the authorities but you yourself were never motivated to do something about it.

In general, Indians or South Asians, do not participate in community efforts, it is a trait. People follow the system and go by it, if it is not working, they keep quiet and gear up for consequences or look for alternatives, but will never do anything to see a change in a good direction. If people can come out of that mindset and look at the efforts and want to participate and feel a part of the community, they can definitely be a star and shine in their own light.
Not sure why do you throw Indians/South Asians in this category. I think its human trait in general. Even in US, only a small percentage cares about who is ruling the govt and are ready to take part in elections.