Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all
Post No we can't sue CNN but we can sue USCIS for other reasons

There was no surety that they would ask our question though it was popular. But the presidential candiates campaign staff read these and prepare the candidates before these debates. This is a very good time that they tune in to what they are educated on, just in case these kind of question comeup they should be able to handle it without looking lost. Campaign time is the only time they have to atleast try understanding to some extent what people are asking them. When they are in office they can just put it to the back burner since it is not priority for them. I would say that our efforts were not a waste.
If we want we can sue USCIS because we have been kept waiting for no credible reason other than the reason visa not available ( but they have been criminally wasting EB visas from each years quota) and the background check is not completed ( when the person is inside the US and FBI is doing checks for 2-3 yrs it doesn't really mitigate any risk in terms of national security). We can file a case and fight but the chances of winning is not very good because we are fighting a govt agency and we are not citizens. But we can get lot of publicity no matter how the case is settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumavenkatappa View Post
I didn't watch the debate. But, if they've not asked that question though it was one of the popular ones, then can we sue the website for misleading people? Does most popular mean that the question WILL be asked to the candidate or its just info on the website? The person who started this thread could u pls answer that? If the website didn't do anything about that question, then my point is WE MUST SUE THEM. Atleast via that route, we can gain some publicity and stress about the force of IV. We shudn't lose out on any opportunity to make people aware of IV and what we are fighting against. Just becoz that question was not asked to the candidate, it dozn't make sense to stay quiet and not asking WHY. Can we ask them WHY the question was not asked though it was one of the most popular ones? If the answer is not satisfying, then CAN WE sue the website for wasting our time??? Some admin needs to look into this ASAP.
I485 Appl Mailed - 5Jul2007
I485 Appl ND - 7Sep2007
FP date -??
I485 Approval - ??

Last edited by gjoe; 02-01-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote