Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Action Items for everyone (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/)
-   -   GC Question in Democratic Debate on CNN tonight (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/17004-gc-question-in-democratic-debate-on-cnn-tonight.html)

arpitdwivedi 01-31-2008 07:04 PM

GC Question in Democratic Debate on CNN tonight

First, Thanks to ALL who voted and made my question come up to No 2 on the list in such a short period of time. It was unfortunate though that it was never asked in the debate. The reasons could be many. Neverthless I would like to applaud the efforts from all of us.
I think if we keep raising the issue of Legal Immgration, very soon it will catch up the popularity with these politicians as well. We can rephrase the question and keep bringing it back to the table. I can only hope for the best for us, like all of us.
Once again, thanks to all for voting.

regards,
Arpit Dwivedi

************************************************** ****************************************
Hi All,

Tonight at 8:00 PM EST is the last debate between democratic candidates before the super tuesday. CNN is holding this debate from Kodak Theater, LA. CNN allows some very popular questions from the general public to be asked to the candidates in these debates.

I had put up a question regarding the 'Legal immigration (Green card) issues' yesterday on www.politico.com and it has caught on popularity. I see that another friend already put this up on this forum and has asked all to vote for the question. Thanks to all now the question is ranked # 3.

To make it a sure shot question in the debate, I would like to request you all to:

- go to http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democ...orQuestion.cfm
- go to the 'Most popular' tab
- VOTE for the Immigration question (currently ranked # 3) that talks about naturalization and green card problems.

What this will do is that this question would be put up in the debate tonight and we would get to hear the opinions/ plans of Obama and Clinton on this big issue.

Thanks and regards,

Arpit Dwivedi

ampudhukode 01-31-2008 07:13 PM

Good Job

Done......

ychuck 01-31-2008 07:17 PM

Hope they get it right...

Done..hope they get it right..by not confusing it with family based or more H1B visas.

Nagireddi 01-31-2008 07:22 PM

Very good job

I have just voted for it. Thanks for posting/posing a very good question.

iad2ead 01-31-2008 07:38 PM

Question is moving.. search for immigration

Done,
Make sure to check for "immigration" . Question is moving down!!!

//\\

santb1975 01-31-2008 07:49 PM

Thanks

I sent that question in about 2 weeks ago. I am glad it got noticed by an IV'an yesterday. A few of us posted on the state chapters yesterday afternoon and members voted and kept it on top. Hopefully the question will get asked. We should send similar questions to the presidential debate's as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpitdwivedi (Post 218902)
Hi All,

Tonight at 8:00 PM EST is the last debate between democratic candidates before the super tuesday. CNN is holding this debate from Kodak Theater, LA. CNN allows some very popular questions from the general public to be asked to the candidates in these debates.

I had put up a question regarding the 'Legal immigration (Green card) issues' yesterday on www.politico.com and it has caught on popularity. I see that another friend already put this up on this forum and has asked all to vote for the question. Thanks to all now the question is ranked # 3.

To make it a sure shot question in the debate, I would like to request you all to:

- go to http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democ...orQuestion.cfm
- go to the 'Most popular' tab
- VOTE for the Immigration question (currently ranked # 3) that talks about naturalization and green card problems.

What this will do is that this question would be put up in the debate tonight and we would get to hear the opinions/ plans of Obama and Clinton on this big issue.

Thanks and regards,

Arpit Dwivedi

ampudhukode 01-31-2008 07:53 PM

Two of them

There are two of them one is currently at 2 and the other one at 7 . Has there been a repetition ?

SFSweta 01-31-2008 08:23 PM

Great Job

Hi there,
Whoever initiated this - FANTASTIC. I voted earlier this afternoon and it was question number 5. Now, it's up to Question number 2!! Awesome :D

I wish I was home already to watch this whole thing on TV. Unfortunately, I'll be watching on latimes.com (Live Streaming Video).

This is really awesome! :)

Sweta.

helpmeExperts 01-31-2008 08:27 PM

what happned

the immigration question is goin down.......what happned all of a sudden

arc 01-31-2008 08:31 PM

Voted

currently its number 2 - Can you make it more specific? for GCs - If not this is also good... as some one said " everyone wants to change which everyone else wrote" :)

Thanks for the innovative effort...

greencard_fever 01-31-2008 11:26 PM

Voted

Great idea..appreciate it..

ampudhukode 02-01-2008 02:14 AM

???

What happened ? I couldnt watch the debate.

gcnirvana 02-01-2008 02:16 AM

Check out this thread for details but the bottomline is none of the questions we voted for was asked :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampudhukode (Post 219015)
What happened ? I couldnt watch the debate.

gjoe 02-01-2008 07:53 AM

I guess we have to rephrase our question

I think we should ask them something like "When it takes 7-10 yrs for a legal immigrant to get his green card, what would be your estimate for illegal immigrants to get their green card / citizenship when they are sent to the back of the line as per your plan? Don't you think that there are more serious issues with the immigration dept (USCIS) which is one of the causes for long waits legal immigrants face? If so do you have any plans of taking a first step to fix the agency (USCIS) problems before implementing CIR, which could break the agency because of the additional 13 million application from illegal immigrants?"