Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked my tickets. I will fly in to DC by Saturday noon and fly out Monday evening. I got greened last year and I owe a lot to team IV and its members. I used to be very active on IV and always a good friend to Pappu, Aman, Jay and all other IV members.
I have done lawmaker meetings twice in the past and would like to share my experiences with you all and also help with talking points etc... based on experience.

I appeal all IV members to take advocacy seriously. Changes come only through persistent efforts and thats exactly what IV is doing. Most IV core team members already have green cards or are citizens and they don't need to do all this, but they are doing it because they believe that persistent, sincere, honest efforts would definitely reap benefits.

Please contact your friends, relatives and co workers. Conduct local meetings, explain to them about IV and what it is doing. As IV members are well informed and understand the situation - especially EB3 folks, ignoring such events and not doing anything active is not an option.

Why is the advocacy day so important? This is politics 101. One can be a great doctor, great engineer, great scientist and anything, but at the end of the day, we need to understand the dynamics of things and how things happens and do things accordingly. We are all great achievers primarily - we went to good schools, worked hard, got good jobs, able to migrate to the US and have excellent leadership qualities, we have good friends, nice families, great kids and cannot complain about life in general. But getting delayed on GC is very frustrating and if we do not understand what this is all about and what it takes to find a solution, then we are just missing that essential thing in life which is "what we would need to do to change things that helps us all". Reducing GC backlog and streamlining process is a win win situation to all and such message needs to be conveyed in an appropriate way. It is our issue and we need to take it up and not expect things will fall in place automatically.

These days I see so many campaigns on facebook, twitter, etc... and the world is not like before. Public voice and opinions are being taken very seriously and if we do not live up to the times, then we basically lose big time.

Do we want to lose it? I am sure we want to win.
Can we all unite and help ourselves? I am sure we will.
Can we all come forward? I am sure we will.

Folks - we are all creative in different ways. Lets do what we can to further our cause. I wish a lot of people change their minds after reading my message.

I will keep posting inspiring messages when I get a chance.

Good luck to IV members.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyHK12 View Post
Guys the Satyagraha and Anthem are good ideas and can be implemented. There is no shortage of good ideas.
The shortage is of people who will participate and do things. Less than 50 have registered so far.

Of course you understand talking face to face with lawmakers in large numbers is the best way to convey our ideas. Why are we talking about mails when the goal of this thread is to meet them ?
Agreed. Lets focus on getting people to the event. In my opinion, and with past experience, it takes a lot of rallying, babysitting, cajoling, positively motivating people constantly and consistently for people to make up their minds.

Very few people will be fully motivated and do things by themselves. We need to put in a lot of effort in making people believe they are capable, worthy and have the ability and power to change their own lives.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Tuesday evening would be a Congressional Reception. After that we would have an IV meeting with members to discuss IV next steps etc. So keep departure flights to be late Tuesday night or after. I would highly recommend being in the Congressional Reception. You will get to meet several staffers and lawmakers here and talk to them.
I wish I were there but, I booked my return on Monday. I am glad that IV is doing this event and wish more people come attend the event.

One thing that I want to suggest is - if such a important event like congressional reception is done on last day of advocacy, most people may not be able to make it because many will want to get home and get back to work on Wednesday. This is just my personal opinion and I may not know the real reasons, I am sure IV core have planned things in the best possible way.

I urge people to attend the congressional reception - this is very important. Lawmakers always want to mingle and socialize with minorities and immigrants because they want to know things first hand which are not covered by mainstream. This reception is a wonderful opportunity to mingle with law makers, industry leaders, and other people who are working for our cause.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Chanduv23 for your participation in the advocacy efforts. It is heartening to see that members who have received green cards take the active role of advocating for changes that their fellow immigrant friends are not yet out of.

We have shantanup, vin13, and chanduv23 - all received GCs last year - all three have participated in the advocacy efforts in the past - and here they are again! Thank you.

This should inspire members who are still waiting to get their GCs to be in DC.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough

I will attend this event.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar4875 View Post
I will attend this event.
Awesome. Please bring your friends and colleagues. Please spread the word.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Members,
The best way to let us know you will attend the event is to fill the registration form.

Registration Form
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Pappu,

IV may want to contact Home | Partnership for a New American Economy for support letters for the advocacy days. They may even sponsor. Worth a shot I think.

Contact info: Feldstein, Robert <RFeldstein@cityhall.nyc.gov>. But he is out of office till Feb 28. So please contact Peter Goldwasser at pgoldwasser@cityhall.nyc.gov or (212) 788-4357.

KD

Last edited by dkshitij; 02-19-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: additional info

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please send out the

News letter to all registered members asap. We need to wake up willing but inactive members to get their participation.

Last edited by actaccord; 02-21-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by actaccord View Post
New letter to all registered members asap. We need to wake up willing but inactive members to get their participation.
Yes. Members have to start realizing that this effort is for our collective benefit, and participate in the event.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Default We will get

more participation if we woke up inactive members. Please send the advocacy news letter to all members to get more participation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSun View Post
Members from the mid western states - your participation is crucial in the advocacy efforts.

OH, IN, IL, TN, KY, MO, AR, KS, OK

It is very difficult to get appointments from legislative offices if no one from their constituency will be attending the meeting.

The DC Advocacy effort is for YOUR green card. Please take the time to talk to your employers now and get the required 2 days off to participate in the event.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Guys,
We need your time, your enthusiasm on the advocacy days. IV is a grass roots organization. You are the grass roots.

We face problems of backlogs, and career uncertainty. IV is offering a solution, if implemented, it will bring relief to all. IV needs your help to deliver what you and I "NEED" AND "WANT".

HELP IV HELP YOU.

We need heavy participation on the lobby days, I need volunteers from different states to ask me "How can I help?" instead, I am trying to find volunteers! I have been able to persuade members who have received GCs to help out, but getting members who are still in the mess are either unaware of the advocacy days (in spite of the thread running on the home page for the past month) or are not ready to talk to the employers to take the two days off. Capitol Hill runs on weekdays and therefore it is necessary for you to take the time off.

Come on guys, you can do better than this. Donors, members, guests - we are all in this together!
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default I will be there..

I have already committed to attending the very same day I saw the email from Anu.

People should understand that 2 work days and few hundred dollars may in turn may help you get your green card 2 years early!
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Poster to spread the word..
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Last edited by StarSun; 02-24-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Closed Thread