Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of

I have registered for Advocacy Days in DC.
I will come from SC. Can I get any help on accomodation/carpool? I will book my own tickets.
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up You guys doing great job

I just contributed $200.00.

I am in new job and mid of negotiating with blood sucker desi employer not to revoke i140. I can not attend the advocacy days.

Anyway like Eb3retro I also lost my interest so changed job. Profile don't meet much with what written in i140, so who cares if GC rejected I will be heading to India.

Good Luck for all your efforts!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice AllVNeedGcPc is just really nice
Default Can host one in Northern VA...

I can host one person. I am in Sterling, VA (5 minutes from Dulles Airport) . If you can arrange a car then its 30 minutes drive from DC.

PM me for more details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainnidhi26 View Post
I have registered for Advocacy Days in DC.
I will come from SC. Can I get any help on accomodation/carpool? I will book my own tickets.

Last edited by AllVNeedGcPc; 03-06-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of jainnidhi26 has much to be proud of
Angry Time to get up & go!

We are also part of this seemingly unending wait to file the I-485. We missed the July '07 window.
It is frustrating in many ways....
My husband cannot switch job, even though better opportunities come his way!
There are travel probs to India as these days there r all sorts of cases happenning when u go for 'stamping' in India.
Also, I am a qualified & experienced professional (worked in a respectable MNC in India)....but cannot work. I did MBA from a university in PA thinking that it will help me launch myself in the job market when the EAD/GC comes.........but the 485 dates never came out of the spiralling mess.
U might think that I can go the H1B way.......but that itself is going in a bigger mess & employers r not willing to do in any more

So, when I saw this "Advocacy Day".....I thought its the time to get up & do something for ourselves as there might not be a second chance!!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingh92 View Post
I just contributed $200.00.

I am in new job and mid of negotiating with blood sucker desi employer not to revoke i140. I can not attend the advocacy days.

Anyway like Eb3retro I also lost my interest so changed job. Profile don't meet much with what written in i140, so who cares if GC rejected I will be heading to India.

Good Luck for all your efforts!
Hi ssingh, please post this amount on the 'Advocacy day contributions' thread. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future

/\/\/\/\/\/
Donate Air Miles, Carpool, Host/Sponsor Stay

Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

^^^^
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scheduling appointments

Need members from Arkansas.....

Help IV advocate for our issues and get the fixes we need. Each member's participation is important and valued.

If you know of people from mid western states, please talk to them about our advocacy efforts.

Register Now.

Thank you!
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Last edited by StarSun; 03-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivarz is a jewel in the rough ivarz is a jewel in the rough ivarz is a jewel in the rough
Default Go IV!

Donated $50 today in addition to $50 in February
Transaction ID: #6FL96828KG990805B

Appreciate IV efforts and will do my part in spreading the message!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarz View Post
Donated $50 today in addition to $50 in February
Transaction ID: #6FL96828KG990805B

Appreciate IV efforts and will do my part in spreading the message!
Thank you, ivarz! The Advocacy day contributions thread will have the total contributions to date and amount still to be raised...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold scorpionk is a splendid one to behold
Default Another (useless?) suggestion for Advocacy Day!

I know there are plenty of suggestions flying around and here is my 2 cent, it may or may not make too much sense, but here it is.
We can rant about the difficulties of not getting a GC, make emotional pleas of our struggles all day, but nothing talks better than money. In the current scenario nothing will grab more attention if you can show how we contribute to the US govt and the US economy in monetary terms. Nothing else will get the attention of these lawmakers like money can. ;-)
Can we put out some numbers for the lawmakers, in terms of our contribution to federal & state taxes, social security, property taxes and overall economy by way of our purchasing power home, cars, appliances, vacations, etc (all the amount that you spend in the US) and multiply these numbers by the number of folks waiting to get GC or who have the GCs. I am sure when you add all this up it will be a significant number, which is bound to catch some attention. Assuming the majority of us make more than the average American, all these figures will definitely standout.
Also propose a one time fee of $10,000 to apply for GC right away. I am willing to pay this fee if USCIS can grant me a GC or provide us a way to stay and work legally in this country with no tie in to the employer. This could be a significant amount of revenue, especially when all lawmakers are looking to reduce the deficit and raise some income. As it is they are regularly increasing the visa fees to pay for some bill to the other like the 9/11 workers healthcare bill, etc. If a 100,000 folks(not sure how many are there in total) like us cough up $10,000 that could equal 1 billion. May seem small amount compare to the US deficit, but when you add up our total contribution it is significant. This may be totally outlandish, but I think something on this line is worth talking about. Like I said, nothing talks better than money.
Not sure if there have been other similar ideas, but if we can compile a few pages of such information with numbers, graphs, comparative charts etc and hand them out to the lawmakers it may help.
Comments and feedback welcome. May be this is totally a dumb idea, but if the admins think it makes sense willing to discuss and prepare something. Also this post is not meant to begin a debate or to distract us from our goal but just some thoughts.
PS: Have contributed in the past and intend to participate (financially and in person) on the Advocacy day.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionk View Post
I know there are plenty of suggestions flying around and here is my 2 cent, it may or may not make too much sense, but here it is.
We can rant about the difficulties of not getting a GC, make emotional pleas of our struggles all day, but nothing talks better than money. In the current scenario nothing will grab more attention if you can show how we contribute to the US govt and the US economy in monetary terms. Nothing else will get the attention of these lawmakers like money can. ;-)
Can we put out some numbers for the lawmakers, in terms of our contribution to federal & state taxes, social security, property taxes and overall economy by way of our purchasing power home, cars, appliances, vacations, etc (all the amount that you spend in the US) and multiply these numbers by the number of folks waiting to get GC or who have the GCs. I am sure when you add all this up it will be a significant number, which is bound to catch some attention. Assuming the majority of us make more than the average American, all these figures will definitely standout.
Also propose a one time fee of $10,000 to apply for GC right away. I am willing to pay this fee if USCIS can grant me a GC or provide us a way to stay and work legally in this country with no tie in to the employer. This could be a significant amount of revenue, especially when all lawmakers are looking to reduce the deficit and raise some income. As it is they are regularly increasing the visa fees to pay for some bill to the other like the 9/11 workers healthcare bill, etc. If a 100,000 folks(not sure how many are there in total) like us cough up $10,000 that could equal 1 billion. May seem small amount compare to the US deficit, but when you add up our total contribution it is significant. This may be totally outlandish, but I think something on this line is worth talking about. Like I said, nothing talks better than money.
Not sure if there have been other similar ideas, but if we can compile a few pages of such information with numbers, graphs, comparative charts etc and hand them out to the lawmakers it may help.
Comments and feedback welcome. May be this is totally a dumb idea, but if the admins think it makes sense willing to discuss and prepare something. Also this post is not meant to begin a debate or to distract us from our goal but just some thoughts.
PS: Have contributed in the past and intend to participate (financially and in person) on the Advocacy day.
Currently GC's are being sold for, more like, 500k (EB5 quota).. maybe we should be haggling to bring that down to 10000 or something, stating "startup" argument, and also the fact that it doesn't really take 500k to open a business that subsequently generates employment in the e-age. Some slogan like "untie our hands" ?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Success of the advocacy depends on how as a grassroots organization we present our issues to the lawmakers - for that we need people - we needs you.

Register NOW
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default they anyway will get

more than $10,000 if they keep you in limbo.
in my case, the companies i worked at has spent nearly 50,000$ ( in USCIS + lawyer + misc fee) for my H1s and my GC applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionk View Post

Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

/\/\/\
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Closed Thread