Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action item: Advocacy day contributions

IV effort needs 50 thousand dollars to make sure we can meet our immediate needs and also make a big impact via this advocacy day event. There are several large and small expenses like booking hotel conference room near Capitol hill for organizing the event/situation room, Organizing reception for lawmakers, their staffers, and administration officials to attend, creating advocacy packets for each appointment taken, advocacy firm fees for helping out with a large event like this etc. We can plan more ideas like Press briefing event, full page ads in national newspapers if we can have sufficient resources. This event will most certainly bring our issues to the national center stage and help us get much needed immigration relief in the months ahead. IV is starting this campaign ahead of time to better plan and execute our advocacy day (Action Item: Advocacy days in Washington DC in April 2011).

We are a small grassroots organization with a strong resolve and when we all pool in our energies, intelligence and resources; we can all collectively create wonders. We do not want our limited funds to stop us from going all out. Despite our full time jobs, IV core is committed to work harder and we are happy to have the asset of a large IV community to support us in this mammoth task.

This post is to urge everyone to come forward and help yourself in this short term funding drive. If you have not contributed till now, please consider contributing. If you cannot make it to DC due to personal or professional reasons then do show your admiration for our effort. If you have recently received your green cards, then please consider contributing as a way of celebrating and endorsing our effort. Times are tough for any immigration relief and in tough times we have to work harder to get anything done. Your contribution, words of support and enthusiasm helps everybody to maintain higher level of motivation which is so important for this kind of community effort. It is up to each member if you feel from your heart to contribute towards this cause. If you decide to contribute, you can either easily contribute via our website page or you could send us a check. We suggest individual contributions of $50/$100 to cover the cost of this event.

Checks can be mailed to
Immigration Voice
3561 Homestead Rd #375
Santa Clara, CA 95051

We request each and every member reading this post to please contribute and post your donation amount on this thread for tracking purposes. We will continue to post updates that will make us all feel proud and part of this organization. Thank you for your support. Please keep it up.

Volunteers who want to keep track of the contributions and provide encouragement, please contact me.

Poster to spread the word..

Thanks
Team Immigration Voice

Last edited by StarSun; 02-24-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/2301599-post1.html

Quote:
To conduct such an effort, IV also needs contributions. Our estimated cost is around $50,000 for the event. We need generous contributions from our members, especially from members who are unable to make it to the DC event. To be clear, all one time contributions starting from February 1st will be considered as a contribution to the advocacy event. All the recurring donations will continue to go towards Donor forum access. Our advocacy event costs will be on top of our regular costs and we need to pay for both.

Last edited by StarSun; 02-17-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Thank you for registering with Immigration Voice for the advocacy efforts in Washington DC. Your participation in such efforts will help tremendously in bringing about the positive changes we seek.

Many of you may have questions regarding the advocacy event. To answer your questions, we are holding a conference call this weekend. An email was sent out to confirmed members today (Mar 24) with the subject line: IMPORTANT: IV Advocacy Conf Call Info. Please check your email for the conference call details and other important information.

The conference call in number and details cannot be made public.
Thank you.

Last edited by StarSun; 03-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of vbhup2 has much to be proud of

Contributed 100 dollars.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2011
Compare
mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute

Contributed $100.00 for the Advocacy days in April 2011

Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Tracking Contributions

Thank you vbhup2, mk26 for your donations.

Total Contribution: $200
Amount to be raised: 50,000 - 200 = $49,800
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

Contributed $100.00/-
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute

Contributed $100

Old 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute

Contributed $100 for Advocacy day. I will also inform few of my friends who can also contribute.

Best Wishes,
Arun

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donation Tracker

Donated $100 for the event.

Thank you pd052009, Rajeev, arun_ramani, tonyHK12 for your donations.

Total Contribution: $600
Amount to be raised: 50,000 - 600 = $49,400

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future

The link to the contribution page in pappu's post is not working. I want to contribute for the event. Is there any special page through which donations for this event are collected? Or can I just make one time contribution from the home page?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manja View Post
The link to the contribution page in pappu's post is not working. I want to contribute for the event. Is there any special page through which donations for this event are collected? Or can I just make one time contribution from the home page?
Thank you! All one time contributions after Feb 01 2011 will be for this event.
There are other ways to get to the contribution page
  • There is a link in my Signature
  • The green Donate button at the top of this page
  • The home page, where the contributions tab is on the right hand panel

Last edited by tonyHK12; 02-01-2011 at 10:19 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future

Contributed $50.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

$49,350 to go..
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default can we have fliers ready

can we have fliers ready (as someone suggested is some other post), to increase aawareness, so that we can post it in indian stores, gurudwaras, mandirs etc.

Closed Thread