Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Fast track EB Greencard?

Ok..So now that I have your attention, I can say how I feel about our top priority right now.

Most IV members can see the current action item about calling 6 representatives on the home page at the top. If you are someone who has already made the phone calls then you have my respect and admiration.

For the rest of you, here is the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19387 (Call Campaign Phase3 - Here it comes)

I think a lot of people come to IV to find a pleasant surprise waiting for them but close it when they don't see any good news. They also browse around a bit to see what others are talking about and also get in discussions/arguments when they have some time. But not a lot of people actually spend time to read action items and follow what the core team is asking them to do. I'm not sure what the reasons are. May be people are afraid that calling someone in Washington will get them on some list. May be they don't like to be told what to do. May be this may be that.. I don't know.

But if you are someone who hasn't joined IV in any of its various efforts to bring attention to our issues then I'm not sure if you do anything good for yourselves. I'm not saying that I have participated in every single campaign. But I have tried my best to do something. When will you do something for yourselves? Do you realize that if you don't act now, it will be TOO late to act? Do you realize IV is all of us? If we don't act, IV remains ineffective. So Act now or wait forever. It only takes 10 minutes to call all the numbers and they don't even ask for your name in most cases.

I just checked the tracker and only saw 41 people who have called all the numbers. I don't get it. What is wrong with the rest of you?

I also want to say that you owe it to IV after everything IV has done for you. (e.g Rally +Funding drive+many many campaigns).

IV has united us. Now lets show the strength of our unity.

Disclaimer: I'm not a core team member. I'm neither a state chapter leader nor one of the truely active IV members. I'm just an ordinary person like most of you but I think I finally GET IT. Nothing will happen unless I do my part. Now how about clicking that link above and making a few phone calls. Trust me, you will feel good about yourself after you do it. And please update the poll after you have completed your calls.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough
Default ..

Bump..^

Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

You should avoid phrases such as "fast track green card". That is being presumptious.

Last year when people were campaigning for the rally, some of the campaign slogans were "come to the rally and get gc now instead of 10 years later". That is pushing people's hopes up without reason.

The problem with such promises and anticlimaxes is, you will not be able to sustain their interest.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
You should avoid phrases such as "fast track green card". That is being presumptious.

Last year when people were campaigning for the rally, some of the campaign slogans were "come to the rally and get gc now instead of 10 years later". That is pushing people's hopes up without reason.

The problem with such promises and anticlimaxes is, you will not be able to sustain their interest.
I think gceverywhere is trying to make an appeal, and just to attarct people to this thread, he named it fast track EB greencard. His intentions are correct ... but the method he chose is not. If this becomes a trend, readers will have tough time.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

A bit corny - but a good intention! At some level the message should not be misconstrued. If you really do want your GC real quick, do all you can. All actions toward a genuine cause have their own proportional returns, at unexpected times.

Between, called up 5 congressmen/ women today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gceverywhere View Post
Ok..So now that I have your attention, I can say how I feel about our top priority right now.

Most IV members can see the current action item about calling 6 representatives on the home page at the top. If you are someone who has already made the phone calls then you have my respect and admiration.

For the rest of you, here is the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19387 (Call Campaign Phase3 - Here it comes)

I think a lot of people come to IV to find a pleasant surprise waiting for them but close it when they don't see any good news. They also browse around a bit to see what others are talking about and also get in discussions/arguments when they have some time. But not a lot of people actually spend time to read action items and follow what the core team is asking them to do. I'm not sure what the reasons are. May be people are afraid that calling someone in Washington will get them on some list. May be they don't like to be told what to do. May be this may be that.. I don't know.

But if you are someone who hasn't joined IV in any of its various efforts to bring attention to our issues then I'm not sure if you do anything good for yourselves. I'm not saying that I have participated in every single campaign. But I have tried my best to do something. When will you do something for yourselves? Do you realize that if you don't act now, it will be TOO late to act? Do you realize IV is all of us? If we don't act, IV remains ineffective. So Act now or wait forever. It only takes 10 minutes to call all the numbers and they don't even ask for your name in most cases.

I just checked the tracker and only saw 41 people who have called all the numbers. I don't get it. What is wrong with the rest of you?

I also want to say that you owe it to IV after everything IV has done for you. (e.g Rally +Funding drive+many many campaigns).

IV has united us. Now lets show the strength of our unity.

Disclaimer: I'm not a core team member. I'm neither a state chapter leader nor one of the truely active IV members. I'm just an ordinary person like most of you but I think I finally GET IT. Nothing will happen unless I do my part. Now how about clicking that link above and making a few phone calls. Trust me, you will feel good about yourself after you do it. And please update the poll after you have completed your calls.

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Sad

1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?

Some of you don't like the title of the thread. I understand your concerns but I don't know how else to wake people up. Guys, I'm risking going from a 'green status' to 'red status' here on IV by continuing to push this thread but if that will make a few people call the representatives then I'm willing to pay the price.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't get discouraged buddy!

Keep trying to motivate folks. Not every individual has the same motivation as others and that can be due to numerous reasons but I do request folks to wake up and look at the bigger picture. Make the most of this opportunity. If not instantly, may be in future, you will definitely see the benefits of the calls that you make and the money that you contribute.

So, for all those who care enough and are motivated, please burn those phone lines and contribute financially. Stand up for yourself cuss no one else is going to fight for you!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future
Default Lack Of Ambition

Now, that is an interesting question. I think the answer is: ambition.

I am convinced that those who don't participate in the action items simply lack ambition. If you were to ask them what their life would be like after getting the GC, I am fairly certain they would say "pretty much the same". And that is exactly the problem - they cannot imagine the doors it will open or the opportunities that will become available. For them the green card is a mere travel/work document, with some semblance of permanency. They want to "be" in America, but they don't know how to make the best by "living" in it. They will buy a house, or get a job that pays a few dollars more, but it will pretty much end there. The most ambitious of the lot will probably start a desi consulting company with other like minded losers.

You on the other hand, possibly have plans. You probably want to go back to school to learn something new. Maybe you have an idea to start a new business, or a non profit or attempt a different profession! You want to make the best of the possibilities and maximize your potential, and do things you couldn't do without the privilege to live, work and think freely.

But don't lose heart. There are many, if not all, who are with you in this initiative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gceverywhere View Post
1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?

$$$ Contributions:
$560 in one time contributions

Last edited by amsgc; 06-11-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsgc View Post
But don't lose heart. There are many, if not all, who are with you in this initiative.
I agree and kindly request again to those folks who are with us in this initiative, and for those who are on the fence, please come forward and participate in IV's campaigns.