Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
wangwei417 is on a distinguished road
Default like this idea

I think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting GC if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

let me know if we can call or write letter to our law-makers together.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangwei417 View Post
i think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting gc if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

+1.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default Because of Country Caps, The immigration line is a cruel Joke

Quote:
If we really want to tackle unauthorized migration, we need to understand why it exists in the first place. The most important cause is our system of allocating green cards, or visas for permanent residency, which stipulates that no country may have more than 7 percent of the total each year. With an annual ceiling of 366,000 family- and employer-sponsored visas, the per-country limit is 25,620.

In practice, this means it is easy to immigrate here from, say, Belgium or New Zealand, but there are long waits — sometimes decades — for applicants from China, India, Mexico and the Philippines. These four max out on the limit every year. When critics admonish prospective immigrants — as well as the 11 million plus undocumented migrants currently in America — to “go to the back of the line,” they should realize that for many people the line is a cruel joke.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/opinion/reforming-immigration-for-good.html?_r=0

can senator of alabama or his staffers realise or understand ?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Are you guys saying IV should stop working on all items and only work on this citizenship idea? I am confused?
No, I guess they meant IV should also add this to the agenda. You never know, some member of congress will find it as a meaningful and valid request and could add as part of the reform.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangwei417 View Post
I think it's an easy sell, because they got more potential votes.
I like this idea: "file for citizenship immediately after getting GC if you have been pending for 5 years since filing 485..."

If you wanted this idea, work should have started in 2008 for the 2013 Bill. It takes a long time for any idea. By simply posting an idea, writing letters, signing petitions one cannot achieve anything. It requires a long drawn plan, lot of resources, personal time , several visits to DC every month by multiple people, many advocacy days, talking to many companies and organizations for support, attending many events of lawmakers, other organizations , attending fundraisers, raising a lot of capital to fund advocates who would do meetings every week and cover every lawmaker office and often going several times to some offices, etc etc.... This fix helps greencard holders. Good luck to you if you can get a few greencard holders in your team or have them contribute over a period of time. Many in our community only think about their greencard and are not bothered about actually fixing the problem. Once they get greencard they will not help others. One simple check is to see how many of these people writing on threads about this idea since 2008 are actually continuing donor members of a petty amount of $25 per month for high earning people like us? You will know their sincerity to the cause. It is very easy to put your ideas on the forums. Everyone is full of ideas. Even I have lot of ideas. We should consider ourselves fortunate that there is still a small group of dedicated volunteers that are working hard and making sacrifices in this IV effort while everyone else is sitting back and tracking, predicting, being arm chair critic or a freeloader.

If you or someone has the stamina, dedication, and resources to do that, go ahead and plan for this citizenship bill after a couple of years when you have gained more support. But if you get your greencard during this process will you drop out? How many hours per week can you commit for the next 3 years? There are all these questions and many more before you discuss the idea and say it is an easy sell. If it is an easy sell, try selling yourself in DC by taking a week off and meeting people. You will know. IV has come a long way and we have been doing this effort for 7 years now and know how tough it is to even get DC people to buy what we naively think are easy sell on forums.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-30-2013 at 02:45 PM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default you guys are the best

idont know any other organisation,which have done so much for legal immigrant community'
volunteers of iv you are unmatchable
thanks pappu for all you been doing for our coming generations and for thier betterment

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRamdev View Post
idont know any other organisation,which have done so much for legal immigrant community'
volunteers of iv you are unmatchable
thanks pappu for all you been doing for our coming generations and for thier betterment
Every now and then, someone says something like this. Please don't get me wrong, we are not looking for anyone's approval or accolades. All that we request everyone do is, stand-up for yourselves. Instead of spending time writing this, we request that you spend time blogging positively about immigration reform, share your personal stories, ask others to voice their opinion and get involved, call the office of your Congressman and Senator asking them to support Immigration Reform. You will see, when we all do our share, in time it will be so much rewarding for everyone involved.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Every now and then, someone says something like this. Please don't get me wrong, we are not looking for anyone's approval or accolades. All that we request everyone do is, stand-up for yourselves. Instead of spending time writing this, we request that you spend time blogging positively about immigration reform, share your personal stories, ask others to voice their opinion and get involved, call the office of your Congressman and Senator asking them to support Immigration Reform. You will see, when we all do our share, in time it will be so much rewarding for everyone involved.
Thanks for rejecting the sycophancy. The forum is, unfortunately, all talk and no action (yes, myself included)

Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Thanks for rejecting the sycophancy. The forum is, unfortunately, all talk and no action (yes, myself included)
Talk about yourself, not the entire forum. There are a lot of matured people on the forum who are very actively involved, which is in large part the reason we have very favorable view of our provisions. Nothing happens by itself. Please take a look at The President's proposal and the Senate I2 bill introduced yesterday.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Talk about yourself, not the entire forum. There are a lot of matured people on the forum who are very actively involved, which is in large part the reason we have very favorable view of our provisions. Nothing happens by itself. Please take a look at The President's proposal and the Senate I2 bill introduced yesterday.
Looked it up. It is indeed very commendable

Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

anyone who has green card and is eligible for ssn benefits should be able to apply for citizenship.

to be eligible for ssn, one has to earn 40 credits but you can earn only 4 credits every year so 10 years of work in total.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple.life View Post
anyone who has green card and is eligible for ssn benefits should be able to apply for citizenship.

to be eligible for ssn, one has to earn 40 credits but you can earn only 4 credits every year so 10 years of work in total.
Really ?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, US citizenship also means being in hock to the IRS for life. Even giving up citizenship costs $400, and they'll still come after you for tax. Why would anyone want that?

Non-immigrant status is perfect for tax-averse high income people (most of EB pool hopefully). Minor changes are all that is necessary - maybe invent a new permanent non-immigrant status.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
Really ?
Social Security Publications

Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple.life View Post
We all know about the 40 credits, where in the naturalization rule that states the provision of 40 credits is enough ?

By looking at your profile, you have your h1 from '01, got your PR in '11 and you must have accumulated enough credits to satisfy the rule . Did you become a citizen yet?