Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
We all know about the 40 credits, where in the naturalization rule that states the provision of 40 credits is enough ?

By looking at your profile, you have your h1 from '01, got your PR in '11 and you must have accumulated enough credits to satisfy the rule . Did you become a citizen yet?
You don't need to become a citizen to claim SS benefits. You just need 40 credits. You need to refer to the SSA documents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
You don't need to become a citizen to claim SS benefits. You just need 40 credits. You need to refer to the SSA documents.
I guess you did not read the complete thread, I am not talking about SS benefits. Please see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple.life View Post
anyone who has green card and is eligible for ssn benefits should be able to apply for citizenship.

to be eligible for ssn, one has to earn 40 credits but you can earn only 4 credits every year so 10 years of work in total.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess you did not read the complete thread, I am not talking about SS benefits. Please see below.
Aaah.!.. I overlooked it.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We all know about the 40 credits, where in the naturalization rule that states the provision of 40 credits is enough ?
i was responding to Pappu's note about other ideas besides the priority date idea.

btw its not only h1, credits are earned on f-1 using cpt/opt.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Someone waiting for 5 yrs in backlogs wants citizenship laws changed to benefit 5 yrs from priority dt.
Someone else waiting for 5 yrs since I-140 wants citizenship laws to changed to count 5 yrs from I-140.
Another person waiting for 5 yrs in I-485 wants it to be changed to count 5 yes from applying I'485.
Then same thing with 40 credits for SSN and blah blah blah blah

We want every law customized to benefit our individual situation that its getting to a point of being absurd. Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body? I will search around, or just hang around here and see more of this coming :-)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Someone waiting for 5 yrs in backlogs wants citizenship laws changed to benefit 5 yrs from priority dt.
Someone else waiting for 5 yrs since I-140 wants citizenship laws to changed to count 5 yrs from I-140.
Another person waiting for 5 yrs in I-485 wants it to be changed to count 5 yes from applying I'485.
Then same thing with 40 credits for SSN and blah blah blah blah

We want every law customized to benefit our individual situation that its getting to a point of being absurd. Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body? I will search around, or just hang around here and see more of this coming :-)
I was about to say this. But one thing is, even one of them happens, everyone will benefit. But we just need to think which is rationale.

Most of all, just wishing something would be good, not going to help. We'll have to collectively decide and work on this to bring this to law makers. This takes money, time and and energy from every individual, who directly or indirectly gets benefited.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Someone said they are brainstorming ideas. Why don't we assign responsibilities to people who came up with the idea. The person who started the thread should take the headship of this bill. How can we contact him?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Without actually doing diddly sqwat people post action action items for someone else to work on. Can there be a better example of laziness of mind and body
yes, visiting a forum and not posting an idea is most likely more lazy than actually posting an idea without any action.

can't even have a discussion anymore without somebody crying about "action items"

Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Someone said they are brainstorming ideas. Why don't we assign responsibilities to people who came up with the idea. The person who started the thread should take the headship of this bill. How can we contact him?
You are funny. I thought you have been around enough to know that everyone will just post and argue for provisions that will help their individual situation. Other than asking to pass a law that says "This bill gives green card to Mr. Radhe Shyam....." most posts here are so customized that its meant to fix the problem of only the guy or gal posting the suggestion.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are funny. I thought you have been around enough to know that everyone will just post and argue for provisions that will help their individual situation. Other than asking to pass a law that says "This bill gives green card to Mr. Radhe Shyam....." most posts here are so customized that its meant to fix the problem of only the guy or gal posting the suggestion.
So how about this - reduce the wait time of 5 years to get citizenship to 3 years for those who have EB green card. This is similar to what the law makers did to spouses of U.S citizens by reducing the wait time to 3 years from 5 years.

Now, before you raze me for posting this idea (yes, I admit that I am one of those arm chair bloggers) I will disclose that I have a green card and I waited 10 years to get it. So, please take this idea with a grain of salt.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post
So how about this - reduce the wait time of 5 years to get citizenship to 3 years for those who have EB green card. This is similar to what the law makers did to spouses of U.S citizens by reducing the wait time to 3 years from 5 years.

Now, before you raze me for posting this idea (yes, I admit that I am one of those arm chair bloggers) I will disclose that I have a green card and I waited 10 years to get it. So, please take this idea with a grain of salt.
Great idea! You forgot to say that your idea is "easy sell", "no brainier", "low hanging fruit", "should be easily done by next week if we only ask" and "who owns the action item to make it happen because you said so".

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Great idea! You forgot to say that your idea is "easy sell", "no brainier", "low hanging fruit", "should be easily done by next week if we only ask" and "who owns the action item to make it happen because you said so".
Lol! and "IV should seriously consider this"

Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah...mock me...that will make you get your point across faster

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSingh View Post
Lets get together an action plan for this and execute on it..This will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue or people who have GC's...

This is the time to get this idea across and work on Lobbying effort...there is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way...

Anyone for putting together an action plan on this with me?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSingh View Post
Lets get together an action plan for this and execute on it..This will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue or people who have GC's...

This is the time to get this idea across and work on Lobbying effort...there is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way...

Anyone for putting together an action plan on this with me?
I don't have Microsoft Projects 2010 to create this action plan otherwise I would have worked with you. I've Microsoft Projects 2008, will that work?

Got two new once - "will benifit everyone from people in immigration queue" and "is a good chance that this will get accepted if we can present this in a right way".