Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Do we deserve additional 50000 EB numbers for high-skilled immigrants

Most of you know either through this forum or in the news that there is a legislative effort to end the diversity visa lottery program and reallocate those 50000 green cards to high-skilled immigrants (Immigration Voice members).

Original proposal is to allocate them for folks with PhD degrees in US but with IV Advocacy effort (Apr 4-5, 2011), we can effect a change in this proposed legislation to benefit a larger IV population.

But before even we think of getting these additional 50000 green cards, ask yourselves a simple question - do we deserve these additional 50000 green cards? Seriously - Do We?

We have 100s of members and guests visiting our forum every single day. For almost a month we've been trying to raise an awareness campaign for IV Apr 4-5 2001 Advocacy Event. I can understand that without the specifics being released on how we coordinate such a large scale event, some of you may be on the sidelines before committing to travel and participation. In addition, families and jobs take priority for folks. I understand that, I get it and IV gets it. IV is nothing but folks like you and me - they are common men and women and they understand our day to day priorities. Having said that, what is stopping us from making a small financial contribution towards this effort?

It's been 24 days this month and most of you can afford saving a dollar or two each day. Think about it, if we can spend 20 USD on a meal outside then we can set aside 25-50 USD per month for this noble effort - which is helping you and your family. We never question the restaurant owner whether the food we eat is worth 20 USD (they do a business and have their profit margin) then why do we question a non-profit organization that is trying to help ordinary folks like you and me.

Folks who wanted a 2 year combined EAD/AP get it now - thanks to IV advocacy

Folks who wanted certainty in GC process get more data from USCIS - thanks to IV

Folks who benefited from 2007 VB fiasco should thank IV for their strategy back then

IV has achieved something that none of us have envisioned 5 years back. IV is here to stay and assist us with something that we cannot do on our own.

All of us visiting this forum and reading this post are matured adults - we may have different perspectives but we are all mature enough to understand that this advocacy effort will only benefit you and your family.

Let's act mature and commit ourselves to raising 50000 USD - one dollar at a time!

Let's prove the naysayers wrong and match the potential 50000 green cards with 50000 USD contributions! Let's stop predicting priority dates and who gets what - let's unite in this effort with a goal of raising 50000 USD. Bottom line is that if we cannot raise 50000 in 2 months with our per capita income and our purchasing power then we do not deserve additional 50000 green cards, it's that simple!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts

Original proposal is to allocate them for folks with PhD degrees in US but with IV Advocacy effort (Apr 4-5, 2011), we can effect a change in this proposed legislation to benefit a larger IV population.

What is IV's stand with respect to the 50 k lottery visa
A. relief to badly retrogressed categories Irrespective of category
B. relief to badly retrogressed categories according to category preference

If as i suspect the option is B then even if IV can effect a chnage we are where we started with respect to badly retrogressed categories (by which i mean peopke waiting in GC queue from 2002 - 9 years)

Last edited by PlainSpeak; 02-24-2011 at 02:15 PM.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

As pappu has pointed out several times on the forum, its only when faced with a specific problem with their own GC applicaton, that most of our community members decide to post on this forum and participate. Once their specific issue (ead/h1b/i485 delay, visa stamping issue etc etc) is sorted out, people vanish without thinking a second about resolving the issue for the entire community.
the two core people involved in IV efforts got their GCs 2-3 years back but still work on a daily basis, putting in all the spare time they have to resolve this issue for the EB community. If that cannot motivate our impacted members to come forward and act, I am not sure what can.
We are, for most parts, a selfish and narrow-minded community. Unforunately, we have to swallow that bitter pill and work with the few dedicated and selfless members we do have amidst us.

-Attended DC Advocacy in 2010
- Attending April-2011 Advocacy Event
- Met Reps in 4 Congressional districts in my area to push for EB provisions in DREAM Act in Nov/Dec 2010.

Last edited by forever_waiting; 02-24-2011 at 02:18 PM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts PlainSpeak is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post
Due respect, but if you're going to advocate for dollars, inform yourself first.

The DV elimination means 55,000, not 50,000 visas.
My Bad ...
55K visas from Lottery Program

Thank you for the correction

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainSpeak View Post

What is IV's stand with respect to the 50 k lottery visa
A. relief to badly retrogressed categories Irrespective of category
B. relief to badly retrogressed categories according to category preference

If as i suspect the option is B then even if IV can effect a chnage we are where we started with respect to badly retrogressed categories (by which i mean peopke waiting in GC queue from 2002 - 9 years)
There is no IV's stand on this...I am really sick of your 'ME me me....only me' attitude. Can you let us know what you have done so far for the most retrogressed category apart from picking fight. That’s not going to solve any issues.

If you are keep fighting and keep whining the same....nothing is going to change. Really your posts are irritating. Whats the point keep telling the same issue in every thread and every day. Do you think people are not aware of it or keep whining will fix the problem. If you really want to change, start your campaign and lead the effort. Go and meet your senator and tell your EB3 is most retrogressed and work to fix it. You can not sit on the fence and blame everyone else under the sun 'Not doing enough to fix your problem'.

I really resist post anything for you....but its really irritating. Dont pick fight with me rather spend time and find out what you can do to fix the EB3 problem.

I am not trying to beliitle you...we all know and several times IV core clearly stated their position - they can not work only for one category. If you start any campagin to fix the problem, we are ready join hands. But dont tell me 'you want to change spill over rules'...

Last edited by snathan; 02-24-2011 at 02:56 PM.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post
Due respect, but if you're going to advocate for dollars, inform yourself first.

The DV elimination means 55,000, not 50,000 visas.
Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program

I double-checked and it is 50000 according to DoS website above...thanks for making me double check this detail!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program

I double-checked and it is 50000 according to DoS website above...thanks for making me double check this detail!
JeffDG - I revoke my Bad ...

Just kidding !

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
There is no IV's stand on this...I am really sick of your 'ME me me....only me' attitude. Can you let us know what you have done so far for the most retrogressed category apart from picking fight. That’s not going to solve any issues.

If you are keep fighting and keep whining the same....nothing is going to change. Really your posts are irritating. Whats the point keep telling the same issue in every thread and every day. Do you think people are not aware of it or keep whining will fix the problem. If you really want to change, start your campaign and lead the effort. Go and meet your senator and tell your EB3 is most retrogressed and work to fix it. You can not sit on the fence and blame everyone else under the sun 'Not doing enough to fix your problem'.

I really resist post anything for you....but its really irritating. Dont pick fight with me rather spend time and find out what you can do to fix the EB3 problem.
This has been repeated so many times i sometimes wonder if you just copy and paste the text. Since if i reply back in detail it would just be going down the same path we did in my last post i will just go ahead and say
No Comments !!!

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This has been repeated so many times i sometimes wonder if you just copy and paste the text. Since if i reply back in detail it would just be going down the same path we did in my last post i will just go ahead and say
No Comments !!!
Its the same way I feel whenever I read your post in every thread and every day. Are you using any robotics program to type the same more retrogressed whinning..isnt it boring for yourself to read your posts.

No comments either...!!!

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of
Default IV donation

Hey admin guys,
I just tried to donate on the website but it did not give an option to choose my preferred amount. I feel you need to let the donor choose how much he/she wants to donate instead of the prefixed amounts.
Even a single dollar makes a difference, I assume.....

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Its the same way I feel whenever I read your post in every thread and every day. Are you using any robotics program to type the same more retrogressed whinning..isnt it boring for yourself to read your posts.

No comments either...!!!
We have digressed from a discussion level to sending post back and forth at a personal level. Would it make you happy if i let you have the last word (Only on this mud slinging between you an me not on the topic discussion at hand). Let me know and i am sure i can accomodate you on getting the last word.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
We have digressed from a discussion level to sending post back and forth at a personal level. Would it make you happy if i let you have the last word (Only on this mud slinging between you an me not on the topic discussion at hand). Let me know and i am sure i can accomodate you on getting the last word.
Would be more than happy not to see your same whinning every day and every post. If I dont believe in IV...I wouldnt mind even coming here. It’s my integrity/choice and I am not saying you should do that.

Are you trying to educate other people here about EB3 or USCIS/DOS through IV forum.

Good luck with your crap.!!!

Last edited by snathan; 02-24-2011 at 03:12 PM.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIW View Post
Hey admin guys,
I just tried to donate on the website but it did not give an option to choose my preferred amount. I feel you need to let the donor choose how much he/she wants to donate instead of the prefixed amounts.
You can send a check too. This is our main Advocacy day contribution thread with details - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2305081 (Action item: Advocacy day contributions)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Hey admin guys,
You can send whatever amt you want from pay pal - just the email id and the amt of your choice.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
rameshk has a spectacular aura about rameshk has a spectacular aura about rameshk has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hey admin guys,
I completely agree with NIW. We should be given the freedom to contribute as much as we like. This change may bring in more contributions.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.