Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Action Items for everyone (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/)
-   -   You will not get access to donor forum even if you donate (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2085802-you-will-not-get-access-to-donor-forum-even-if-you-donate.html)

waiting2007 04-01-2011 01:39 PM

You will not get access to donor forum even if you donate

Just to let you folks know that to get access to donor forum you should have recurring donations. I didn't know that...May it is somewhere in fine prints which I forget to check..Anyway good luck.

Here is the email I got when I request access...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Admins said that only monthly recurring donations qualify for Donor access. These start at $25 a month. once thats done if you are interested:
Please send the following details to ivcoordinator@gmail.com:
IV username:
Ph #
City and State of residence:
Pay pal receipt date:
Transaction / subscription #:
Date of payment:
One time or recurring donations: Recurring

These requests are manually approved by StarSun/Admins and unfortunately most of them are probably in DC, quite busy with Advocacy days happening over the next 4 days. There will probably be some delay

nc14 04-01-2011 02:26 PM

It is a contribution and not donation.

I am not sure what the underlying intent to open this thread is but still want to point out that

You are contributing because you are hoping to get something from this vs. donation will be a gift for charity and IV is not a charitable organization.

goel_ar 04-01-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nc14 (Post 2494189)

You are contributing because you are hoping to get something from this vs. donation will be a gift for charity and IV is not a charitable organization.

Is IVs advocacy effort going to get all visas captured & get me Green Card any faster - I don't think so..
NO - we are contributing to support IV core in it's initiative. I try to support someone if they are "trying" to help someone with no selfish motive - like donating to earthquake victims.. donating in temple.. donating to charity..

bugsbunny 04-01-2011 02:43 PM

to reply to the original question ..Yes its not quite mentioned anywhere..or atleast i did not find it.
I am working on a list of Frequently Asked questions and will include this
On inquiring i was told that if you make a 6 or 12 month recurring contribution, you qualify as a donor and get access to the donor forums.

And yes people are busy this week. If it hasn't been done yet...send a reminder sometime late next week

tonyHK12 04-01-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2007 (Post 2494161)
Just to let you folks know that to get access to donor forum you should have recurring donations. I didn't know that...May it is somewhere in fine prints which I forget to check..Anyway good luck.

This is the second message from Pappu on the Contribution thread:

"To conduct such an effort, IV also needs contributions. Our estimated cost is around $50,000 for the event. We need generous contributions from our members, especially from members who are unable to make it to the DC event. To be clear, all one time contributions starting from February 1st will be considered as a contribution to the advocacy event. All the recurring donations will continue to go towards Donor forum access. Our advocacy event costs will be on top of our regular costs and we need to pay for both. "

hpandey 04-01-2011 03:48 PM

Hello ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2007 (Post 2494161)

Here is the email I got when I request access...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Admins said that only monthly recurring donations qualify for Donor access. These start at $25 a month. once thats done if you are interested:
Please send the following details to ivcoordinator@gmail.com:
IV username:
Ph #
City and State of residence:
Pay pal receipt date:
Transaction / subscription #:
Date of payment:
One time or recurring donations: Recurring

These requests are manually approved by StarSun/Admins and unfortunately most of them are probably in DC, quite busy with Advocacy days happening over the next 4 days. There will probably be some delay

I think all folks except you know this . You have been a member since 2007 and have only 13 posts. That just shows either you don't visit IV forums that often or you were busy with threads that only you are interested in.

It has been mentioned in a number of threads that only recurring monthly contributions get donor forum access. I wonder how you could have missed it . It was not in fine print but in large letters.

desigirl 04-01-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goel_ar (Post 2494195)
Is IVs advocacy effort going to get all visas captured & get me Green Card any faster - I don't think so..
NO - we are contributing to support IV core in it's initiative. I try to support someone if they are "trying" to help someone with no selfish motive - like donating to earthquake victims.. donating in temple.. donating to charity..

If you are comfortable with "trying", then IV is "trying" to get the visas recaptured and get you the green card faster.... Any organization that can promise you a guaranteed result in the GC matter, is out to pull the rug on you.... I don't know what "selfish motive" IV has for helping us or for collecting money, you must elaborate, I certainly don't see logic in it........

Your contribution to earthquake victims - also works under the blanket of "trying" to help - in fact you really will never know how specifically your donation helped and who it helped. But it is the "cause" that you are donating to, and it is a noble one. Donating to a temple, again an individual choice, but who is the temple helping?

As another member pointed out, IV is a non-profit organization not a charity organization. Even if no differences existed between the two (it does), both need money to function.

I am not a donor member, I donate when I can, and I am happy doing what I do.....

waiting2007 04-01-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpandey (Post 2494260)
I think all folks except you know this . You have been a member since 2007 and have only 13 posts. That just shows either you don't visit IV forums that often or you were busy with threads that only you are interested in..

No of posts doesn't means that I don't visit often..Yes true. Why should I read something in which I am not interested earlier..

Quote:

It has been mentioned in a number of threads that only recurring monthly contributions get donor forum access. I wonder how you could have missed it . It was not in fine print but in large letters.
I think there are other folks who are missing it too...It should appear right at the place where folks are making contributions (i.e. when they are clicking on contribution button) but then it may decrease the donation..I don't think letters are LARGE enough..The issue is it just doesn't feel right..I know such effort needs lot of money but employing such tactics won't help the cause. May be admin should come with better alternatives...You are dividing people here: If you don't have enough money we won't give you full information. Fine with your folks if it seems right to you but I won't agree with such strategy. It also doesn't work other way: If I contribute $300 today, one time, I won;t get access but if I do similar contribution ($25*12) I'll get THE access.. Thanks You and ALL THE BEST

waiting2007 04-01-2011 04:49 PM

I also wrote to tonyHK12, after he disclosed this information to me, to have my contribution back but I didn't get the reply...IV you can keep this one time donation...not a big sum of money but do some introspection.

tonyHK12 04-01-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2007 (Post 2494312)
I also wrote to tonyHK12, after he disclosed this information to me, to have my contribution back but I didn't get the reply...IV you can keep this one time donation...not a big sum of money but do some introspection.

Well you can check with Super Moderator StarSun, since I am not authorized for that.
I don't think there is a refund policy.
For all members - even if you are contributing for Donor forum, the big picture is that, this is the only funding for IVs annual Advocacy activities.
Reading messages is not the primary aim of contributions.

mhssatya 04-01-2011 05:47 PM

access to donor forum

I have become a monthly subscribing donor today but still don't have access to it. How long do I have to wait?

a_paul1 04-01-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2007 (Post 2494303)
No of posts doesn't means that I don't visit often..Yes true. Why should I read something in which I am not interested earlier..

I think there are other folks who are missing it too...It should appear right at the place where folks are making contributions (i.e. when they are clicking on contribution button) but then it may decrease the donation..I don't think letters are LARGE enough..The issue is it just doesn't feel right..I know such effort needs lot of money but employing such tactics won't help the cause. May be admin should come with better alternatives...You are dividing people here: If you don't have enough money we won't give you full information. Fine with your folks if it seems right to you but I won't agree with such strategy. It also doesn't work other way: If I contribute $300 today, one time, I won;t get access but if I do similar contribution ($25*12) I'll get THE access.. Thanks You and ALL THE BEST

I donated 3-4 days ago...one time donation of $50. Not much but did what I could. You are right, I didn't know that donor forum access was recurring donors only. Not that I want any special access, but I agree with your points. These tactics don't inspire trust and confidence.

planets 04-01-2011 06:07 PM

I feel IV should be transparent. It should be equal for all. It should not split Donors and Non-Donors.

furiouspride 04-08-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planets (Post 2494392)
I feel IV should be transparent. It should be equal for all. It should not split Donors and Non-Donors.

It takes $$$ for things to move my friend. There are operating expenses associated with not only advocacy days but day-to-day operations. If it becomes a free and open-access forum, there will be very few donors and it'd be very hard for the volunteers to pick up the tab on everybody else's behalf. It's pretty straightforward actually :)

snathan 04-08-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furiouspride (Post 2503797)
It takes $$$ for things to move my friend. There are operating expenses associated with not only advocacy days but day-to-day operations. If it becomes a free and open-access forum, there will be very few donors and it'd be very hard for the volunteers to pick up the tab on everybody else's behalf. It's pretty straightforward actually :)

Not only day-to-day operations...have to spend lot of money for lobbying.