Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts
Default Advice required : Green Card Process for My Parents by a lawful permanent resident?

Hello,

i am lawful permanent resident. I want to bring my parents here permanently. I got nobody in India to take care of my parents.

When i was small, my parents took care of me. When i need them, they are their for me.

Now my parents need me. But i am not their for them. I feel very guilty and sad. I want to bring my parents in US. So i can take care of them.

How can i bring my parents permanently.
I know, i can bring them after i get citizenship, that is too long wait.

i just want to bring them now. So they can have good life with me. Anybody know, how can i bring them in US soon.

i saw some petition signed by many Indians for this request. Can somebody please go forward with this.
Current president will understand our request and help us. He is very nice and kind person. He loves family and his mother in law lives with his family. He knows values of grand parents.

Indians live with family, that makes Indian family stronger and less divorce. And Indian kids are well taken care by grand parents. So they are well behaved and best kids.

We need this permission. Please work together and get this permission.

I read this in a website. Is this possible? I want to explore all possible steps.

Please help.
God bless you.

Green Card for Parents - Sponsoring Parents for Green Card

Green Card Process for My Parents (Mother, Father)
An immigrant (also called a "lawful permanent resident" and Green Card holder) is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of living and working permanently in the United States. Your parents (mother, father) must go through a multi-step process to obtain a Green Card and become an immigrant. First, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve an immigrant petition that you file for your parents. Second, the State Department must give your parents an immigrant visa number, even if they are already in the United States. Third, if your parents are already in the United States legally, they may apply to adjust to permanent resident status. If they are outside the United States, they will be notified to go to the local U.S. Consulate to complete the processing for an immigrant visa (Green Card).
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree Swathi View Post
Hello,

i am lawful permanent resident. I want to bring my parents here permanently. I got nobody in India to take care of my parents.

When i was small, my parents took care of me. When i need them, they are their for me.

Now my parents need me. But i am not their for them. I feel very guilty and sad. I want to bring my parents in US. So i can take care of them.

i just want to bring them now. So they can have good life with me. Anybody know, how can i bring them in US soon.

i saw some petition signed by many Indians for this request. Can somebody please go forward with this.
Current president will understand our request and help us. He is very nice and kind person. He loves family and his mother in law lives with his family. He knows values of grand parents.

Indians live with family, that makes Indian family stronger and less divorce. And Indian kids are well taken care by grand parents. So they are well behaved and best kids.

I read this in a website. Is this possible? I want to explore all possible steps.

Please help.
God bless you.

An immigrant (also called a "lawful permanent resident" and Green Card holder) is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of living and working permanently in the United States. Your parents (mother, father) must go through a multi-step process to obtain a Green Card and become an immigrant. First, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve an immigrant petition that you file for your parents. Second, the State Department must give your parents an immigrant visa number, even if they are already in the United States. Third, if your parents are already in the United States legally, they may apply to adjust to permanent resident status. If they are outside the United States, they will be notified to go to the local U.S. Consulate to complete the processing for an immigrant visa (Green Card).
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Last edited by snathan; 04-21-2011 at 03:22 PM.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute

As a temporary measure you could have them apply for visitor visas.

Both my parents got approved for 10 year visitor visas...it allows them to stay here 6 months at a time...they just need to go back every 5 and 1/2 months to ensure they don't overstay the 6 months. This way they can stay with you most of the year.

Ofcourse if they are too old this may not be feasible as flying 21+ hours is no joke

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute

A Quick Question.

Can parents stay here for 5 1/2 months go back for say a month or two and come back again for 5 1\2 months? Would this pattern be suspected during visa renewal?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachuin23 View Post
A Quick Question.

Can parents stay here for 5 1/2 months go back for say a month or two and come back again for 5 1\2 months? Would this pattern be suspected during visa renewal?
if its a 10 year visa...i doubt there should be a concern about visa renewal.
Hopefully in 10 years you have GC and USC
But to answer your question...as long as you are not overstaying the 6 months there should be no legal issues. Ofcourse there is no such guarantee as it is upto the visa issuing officer's discretion

Old 04-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute sachuin23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
if its a 10 year visa...i doubt there should be a concern about visa renewal.
Hopefully in 10 years you have GC and USC
But to answer your question...as long as you are not overstaying the 6 months there should be no legal issues. Ofcourse there is no such guarantee as it is upto the visa issuing officer's discretion
Thanks ! Thats what I thought , but wanted to confirm with senior members.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
i am not senior...but we do have free attorney conference calls on thurdays
We might miss a thursday or so ...we are in the process of making it more regular
But you can certainly ask this question over there and confirm it with the immigration attorney.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2007
Compare
SKR07 is a name known to all SKR07 is a name known to all SKR07 is a name known to all SKR07 is a name known to all SKR07 is a name known to all SKR07 is a name known to all

If you stay 6 months everytime and stay shorter durations in home country, then it might create problem at POE.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello,

Please help.
God bless you.

you really want to take care of your parents or you are just looking for baby sitters.

MC

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts Sree Swathi is infamous around these parts

thanks bugsbunny

they are doing that now...
i become very sad every time i send them back to india....they don't want to leave me.....

i want them to stay with me forever.

6 moths shuttle too hard for them.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A Quick Question.

No problem, my parents are doing this from last four years. Six months here and six months in India.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thanks Michael chertoff

Not baby sitter. I want to take care of my parents.

it is part of our culture, we all live together forever.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute

That's not correct. Such frequent reentry after exit will certainly lead to suspicion by an Immigration office at PoE. In fact the intent of 10 year visitor visa is not 10 years of permanent residence. If there is no convincing reason for such frequent reentry you are mostly likely looking at serious interrogation or deportation at the airport. There is no substitute for a GC for your parents if you want them to be with you permanently in the US. Visitor visa has a specific purpose and intent, abusing it could put your folks serious trouble. The other issue with such long term stay on Visitor Visa is - medical insurance - unfortunately there is no good, reliable and comprehensive medical insurance that covers elderly visitors on short trip.

Quote:

Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thanks Michael chertoff

Not baby sitter. I want to take care of my parents.

it is part of our culture, we all live together forever.
well then since its such a problem that they come and go so frequently, have you considered to move back home and go to US every few months to keep the greencard?? Why are you making them travel so frequently so that you can stay with them ??

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Dream View Post
That's not correct. Such frequent reentry after exit will certainly lead to suspicion by an Immigration office at PoE. In fact the intent of 10 year visitor visa is not 10 years of permanent residence. If there is no convincing reason for such frequent reentry you are mostly likely looking at serious interrogation or deportation at the airport. There is no substitute for a GC for your parents if you want them to be with you permanently in the US. Visitor visa has a specific purpose and intent, abusing it could put your folks serious trouble. The other issue with such long term stay on Visitor Visa is - medical insurance - unfortunately there is no good, reliable and comprehensive medical insurance that covers elderly visitors on short trip.
Health insurance is not an issue these days as there are several indian firms covering it for foreign travel

Closed Thread