Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Yep This Is A Simple Logic

im surprises why this is not already a part of this proposal!

its a simple logic to include those who already bought a house.

great idea nixtor.

aps, no one keeps their money in bank as cash. everyone must have invested somewhere else. they should bring it back. thats the idea here. if u don't like the idea why not you keep out of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

We should follow up on this. US Economy really can take advantage of our buying power. If they give us GC, people will start buying and stop sending their savings to off-shore. Also, buying each house comes with at least 50K other expenses (remodelling, furniture etc) and that will also help the economy.

IV should follow up on this topic with Lawmaker and see if they can understand the logic here.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Smile True

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueguy View Post
We should follow up on this. US Economy really can take advantage of our buying power. If they give us GC, people will start buying and stop sending their savings to off-shore. Also, buying each house comes with at least 50K other expenses (remodelling, furniture etc) and that will also help the economy.

IV should follow up on this topic with Lawmaker and see if they can understand the logic here.
I can't concur with you less, we need to send this message to American people, also immigrants in this country are the ones, who start maximum numbr of small businesses, more number of borrowing of laons from banks etc

Lets make something happen,

Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default Buy a house, get a GC, for EB applicants only!

lets get the message to congress!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute GCplease has a reputation beyond repute

I mailed the following message to Senators, Representatives, President's Office, various News organizations sometime in April this year. No one bought it except for some standard reply from the Senator's Offices. At this time, when they have bigger issues, we would be at the bottom of the pile -

"The Economy is inching towards Recession. The President’s Economic stimulus plan will take at least 6 months to bring in the questionable benefits of the Plan. The Fed is aggressively cutting interest rates to turn around the economy. The questionable benefits of these will take a minimum of 6 months to bear fruit.

Nothing can prevent the economy from going into Recession if the Housing crisis is not fixed, neither the Economic stimulus nor the Feds cutting the interest rates.

Now, how do we fix this Housing Crisis. We need to figure out a way to add home buyers. Now, where are the buyers, you may ask. There is surprisingly an easy answer – Employment based Legal Immigrants. These are immigrants who came into this country legally, pay their taxes and social security and who apply for their Employment based Green Cards, the legal way.

There is a huge backlog of employment based legal immigrants who are waiting to get their Employment based permanent residency (Green card). There are approximately 750,000 applicants in line. This backlog has been caused by the annual quota of employment based green cards whose annual limit (140,000) was set decades ago.

These are the immigrants who have already passed through two stages of immigration processes – the Labor Certification where it has been verified that no American talent has been available for the Job Descriptions these immigrants were hired for and The I-140 where the employer is verified to be a genuine employer with financial ability to pay for the immigrants so that they don’t become a liability for the state. They are in the final stage of the Green Card process where this huge back log is.

On top of this, visas not used on a calendar year due to enough resources not available to process them, are wasted. Over the years, these un-used visas amount to around 160,000.

Increasing the annual quota of employment based Green cards from 140,000 to 300,000 would be ideal. Even Microsoft’s Bill Gates has supported this idea in his recent Congressional testimony on March 12, 2008. But that would require the act of Congress and the Senate and it needs to take its course. We need an immediate solution. Re-capturing the unused visas just needs some administrative fixes and this has been done in the past as recent as 2005.

Senator John Cornyn is working on an Amendment that would allow the Department of State and DHS to recapture unused employment based visas. Refer -
http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/inde...6-BA89FCCC0735

In this he states,

“This (recapture) is not an increase in employment-based numbers but rather, a direction for the agencies to use all the visa numbers that are available today”.

If these unused visas are captured and issued to the Employment based legal immigrants, who have stayed in the country for at least 6 years, we are adding a significant amount of home buyers to the economy.

These immigrants will eventually get their Green Cards in 2 to 4 years. Why not give it to them now so that it will be beneficial to the ailing economy.

The 160,000 un-used visas that are captured and the annual quota of 140,000 employment based Greencards for 2008 amounts to 300,000 green cards which amounts to approximately 150,000 families getting a green card.

Employment based legal immigrants (EB1, EB2 and EB3) who have stayed in the country for 6 years are economically well off and have excellent credit history. Once they get a Green Card, they'll feel more secure and think about buying a home and settling down.

Of the 150,000 families, 25 % may already own a home. 25% may not have the intention of buying a home due to various reasons. Even if the remaining 50 % buy a home,75,000 homes will be taken off the market. This will act as the much needed catalyst and will ease the Housing crisis a little bit.

At a median price of 200,000 (this could be much higher as most of the Employment Based GC aspirants live in the metro areas where the price of houses are much higher), this is an addition of 15 Billion dollars into the economy. By this time, the President’s Economic stimulus plan and the Fed’s interest rate cut will come into effect and the Economy will be saved from going into a full blown recession. "

Contributed $ 300.00 till now.

Sent letters to Senators and Congress(wo)men.

Took part in the DC Rally.

Participated in the Letter to the President Campaign.

Last edited by GCplease; 10-09-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default Please send this letter

Group:

Please send this letter, It is just 5 minutes job. We should add US Secretary of the Treasury, Mr Henry Paulson.

I think we should send a hard copy too, If you send a hard copy of the letter, you receive the response for sure.

They should give us a condtional GC that if you buy a house in a year then your conditional GC would be a permanent otherwise it will be rejected after one year.
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
china an economic superpower..;-)..good joke..
China is not a superpower economically? you must be still in your 1980s time capsule ... in a few years China will definitely have as much economic clout as US...and FYI there domestic consumption is now big enough to sustain them.

Quote:
It is not simply that...immigraion is not always abt economics..its more and beyond... the US vision of a global melting pot has nothing to do with purchasing power of educated immigrants....
Yes immigration is not about economy only but a vibrant economy is the direct result of infusion of more skilled human resouces. Since you are in a self imposed time capsule my friend let me remind you it is not about being a melting pot anymore it is about being the salad bowl where everyone preserves their own identities yet affirms to a common goal. It is prehistoric to still not link vibrancy of economy with immigration. Like President Bush said "When immigrants assimilate and advance in our society, they realize their dreams, they renew our spirit, and they add to the unity of America.
".. It is time that folks adjusts themselves to the new world reality.

Quote:
every desi here thinks he is that elusive golden goose..that the US govt has been waiting for...and to prove that they are ready to shove their hand up their arse and pull out the golden egg and exchange it for a piece of card..

I did not recall mentioning anything about your favourite fairy tale of a goose and a butcher and some eggs. My point is that this economy can be fixed by letting the aspirations of legal immigrants run free which include setting up businesses , raising families , buying house etc. Yes the GC is a way to free those aspirations.

Quote:
i dont know who your financial advisor is who is suggesting that u buy a house in an economy that is in recession..
Well it is upto someone to see the glass half empty or half full. There are lot of people who is of the opinion that it is a great time to buy .. buy low sell high .. that is the mantra.

Quote:
btw..thanks for those red dots..
No freaking idea what you are talking about.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lost_stranger has a spectacular aura about lost_stranger has a spectacular aura about
Default Very Bad Idea!!

While it is a good idea to educate the congress regarding the impact the EB Green Card applicants could have on the Housing Market. It is a terrible idea to propose a legislation which would offer GCs to applicants who would purchases houses in US. To put it bluntly, the legislation seems to be meant for selling GCs to applicants who are in a position to afford it, offering GC to applicants who will invest in housing market is akin to giving out GCs for cash and there is already a category for that. How would one factor in the CP applicants like nurses and PT who are waiting in their home countries?
The idea should be modified to spread the message regarding the positive impact that the EB GC applicants could have on the housing market and not to create a niche category of EB applicants who can purchase their GC to scoot ahead of other less fortunate ones. This proposal should be nipped in the bud before some anti immigrant group or advocate like Lou gets wind of it.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Compare
nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpinto View Post
earlier I was bit skeptical about this idea but now as days it seems to be the only solution ..I knew markets would fall but this is beyond anything ...where will dow industrial stop ..I have been trying to buy some stocks but it keeps falling ...really worrisome ..but clearing house inventory is definitely the first step ..I don't think world can wait till next year june for home prices to rebound
...US has to do everything ..and this includes faster GC ..I wonder where core IV is ??
the magnitude of the problem is too big that they won't even bother to open your letters. your solution is a drop in a bucket. You think they will consider your proposals after no effect from 700 billion bailout and more injection of liquidity around the world and with england, dutch, iceland and most of Europe in even more bigger trouble. Plus 10% market crash in Asia just today. At least let the system settle down a bit before proposing these ideas to the lawmakers.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Compare
gude.ravi is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. This is one of the good ideas to do. Most of the people can afford to buy a home in this down market. This idea is better than being badly treated by bad employers.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

"The idea is to request congress to exempt EB applicants & their dependents from numerical limits of the Immigrant visas, if they buy a home"

Genious...!!WHo ever thought of this idea should be working as one of the committe which advices president on finanacial matters...!!!

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_stranger View Post
While it is a good idea to educate the congress regarding the impact the EB Green Card applicants could have on the Housing Market. It is a terrible idea to propose a legislation which would offer GCs to applicants who would purchases houses in US. To put it bluntly, the legislation seems to be meant for selling GCs to applicants who are in a position to afford it, offering GC to applicants who will invest in housing market is akin to giving out GCs for cash and there is already a category for that. How would one factor in the CP applicants like nurses and PT who are waiting in their home countries?
The idea should be modified to spread the message regarding the positive impact that the EB GC applicants could have on the housing market and not to create a niche category of EB applicants who can purchase their GC to scoot ahead of other less fortunate ones. This proposal should be nipped in the bud before some anti immigrant group or advocate like Lou gets wind of it.
Yes that is exactly what it is - buy one of those toxic assets and you get a GC. It is like premium processing or investment based PR. Though I am not sure such legislation will help most of us. Since many of us will not afford to buy a house right away we have to wait. Even if we want to buy a house who is gonna give you a loan in this day and age unless you have some serious savings that you want to invest in a house. But if someone is granted a GC then no doubt the possibility to finally settle down in US increases which in turn fuels the desire to buy a house.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nashim will become famous soon enough

I donít have money to buy a house now but I think the idea is really great because waiting line will be shorter for the person who canít buy a house now like me, if people get GC based on this proposal.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please update us

Can Nixtor or IV Core share some updates on the status of this idea/project.
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnashi is just really nice munnashi is just really nice munnashi is just really nice munnashi is just really nice
Default New Buffalo News for housing and immigration

Please read this news on New media about the immigration and housing crising

here is the link

http://www.buffalonews.com/149/story/476302.html