Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vallabhu has a spectacular aura about vallabhu has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb A tought

I like the idea I dont know if this is already discussed but one thought I would like to share

Because it is for sure that Congress will not Agree to give away GC with out wait time so we should show them some thing more attractive than just initial short term plan of investing on a home and getitng a GC what if some buys a home gets a GC and then sell it off for a 10-15 grand less prise I am ok to loose 15 Grand if I can get to apply 485 overnight.

We make it attractive and more meaning full for economy and to congreess by saying we will buy a home make payments for 3 to 5 years without delinquency to apply for 485.

Just a thought.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts

Giving GC's for buying home seems toomuch biased and benefits only a subset of EB, and totally shifts the basis of the EB category.

On the other hand, if their visas can be exempted from the visa numbers(annual quota), but still tied to the visa dates being current for their priority dates, this will benefit the entire community and law makers can justify the approach without stiff oppositions, if any. To me this feels lot more reasonable and everyone(EB applicants) will evenly benefit from this.

Almost 20-30% of the Eb appl. from 2001-2005 should be already in a position to buy or bought a home. That should help dates move faster for older dates.

Just a thought. But this alone will NOT resolve all our issues and backlogs. Just speedsup the date movement in a steadily manner.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all
Default Wait for GC

I don't think waiting for GC will be such a big problem if we can get relief from Government related to flexibility in job change (just like after getting GC), option to opt for FT school, etc... We can request immediate relief to GC community that if their I-485 is pending for more than 2 years (say), they should be granted a temp. intermediate status which should allow them to change jobs which are not neccessarily similar or on same payscale, flexibility to opt as FT student if they want to..... If we get this flexibility, I don't think waiting for GC is going to hurt so much. We have tried so much to get the GC quota increased but nothing has worked. May be we should focus on small things like this first. Just thinking aloud.

Last edited by saps; 10-29-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light

This is one of the dumbest idea ever discovered in this forum.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I like this idea

This makes sense, exempt those who can buy a house or continue to own a house from the current VISA bulletin. Is this feasible, who knows!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCA View Post
Giving GC's for buying home seems toomuch biased and benefits only a subset of EB, and totally shifts the basis of the EB category.

On the other hand, if their visas can be exempted from the visa numbers(annual quota), but still tied to the visa dates being current for their priority dates, this will benefit the entire community and law makers can justify the approach without stiff oppositions, if any. To me this feels lot more reasonable and everyone(EB applicants) will evenly benefit from this.

Almost 20-30% of the Eb appl. from 2001-2005 should be already in a position to buy or bought a home. That should help dates move faster for older dates.

Just a thought. But this alone will NOT resolve all our issues and backlogs. Just speedsup the date movement in a steadily manner.
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpinto View Post
instead of dividing those who have house and those who will buy if they get gc ..we should focus on more visas and faster approvals (maybe temporary green cards !!) ..no need for more divisions ..there will be congress session for second stimulus bill ..IS THERE any chance that we can push for recapture by telling the congress that 200K highly skilled immigrants are waiting for GC and after that most likely they will buy a house ???? (give a rough figure ..no one will verify the exact number) please think about this !!! lets have another campaign as soon as possible
-------------
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. state leaders, trade groups and economists descended on the House of Representatives on Wednesday to help work out a second economic stimulus bill that one influential Congressional member said would be introduced on November 17.

Representative Jim Oberstar, the Minnesota Democrat who chairs the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, told a hearing on jump-starting the stalled economy that Congressional staff would be meeting throughout the month and a stimulus bill would be introduced when Congress reconvenes next month.
Time to push it.. 200K will buy houses is quite believable given the points that we have monies to do it, and given the market. We need a campaign. Also once the new President wins, never forget to congratulate him and at the same time request help.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Compare
gude.ravi is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim Cramer likes the idea of Immigrants buying the homes as incentive for green card. He thinks most of immigrants would work 6th, 7th job to pay mortgage. Everything about an economy is Psychology and behavior of people.
Dont ask me who Jim Cramer is.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Smile dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
IV is started for one cause, that is to eliminate the unfair country quota and speed up the green card process. Let us stick with that.Do not divert by introducing these kind of proposals.

Few weeks before there was a fight between eb3 and eb2 applicants on this forum. Now you are starting a new group which favors who has money. This is not good. Let us unite and focus on one goal. I am not supporting this idea. Please drop this.

aps
Dude stop complaining and do what is expected for IV, I am not in a position right now to buy a house, but I do favor the idea. Mainly because this type of movement will create awareness among American people. Above all like the moderator said, the the Que will decrease. I understand your anguish and anxiety, please lets do something and not just waste our time complaining.

Recently we have more number of people complaining rather doing something. I understand we all are worried and anxious, but we need to keep doing something constructive, rather than complaining.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
Time to push it.. 200K will buy houses is quite believable given the points that we have monies to do it, and given the market. We need a campaign. Also once the new President wins, never forget to congratulate him and at the same time request help.
Lets do this. Contgratulate Obama with proposal of GC for House scheme (need better words though ).

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 11-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done.

Sent e-mails to all the contacts. Immediately received some out-of-office auto replies. Looks like they would be out of office till Nov. 6 or Nov. 10.
Next up, posting message on change.gov

Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of

I agree with your comments-albertpinto.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no comments so far ? and this thread is still visible ..so I guess either people have given up or no one cares (this is weekend ..so I guess less people online).
but I will repeat one last time ..if we cannot link housing and immigration ..then I don't see how anything else can help (can someone educate me).
for eg if we say US is losing talent and brains are leaving ..then I don't think anyone will care especially when economy is down (many natives will be happy I guess).
lawsuits will not help as USCIS will show that they are following law and/or they are understaffed / underfunded.
- flower campaigns or writing to USCIS only will only help flower companies / postal department
flower / letter campaigns help ..but we need a clear plan and lets do brainstorming or atleast show some activity !!
---------
before someone jumps ..let me clarify that I am not suggesting that immigration will solve the housing problem totally ..but immigrants do constitute a very important segment of buyers.
- we don't have to suggest increasing immigrant quota ..but only recapture and tell that these people are already in USA ..majority of them will get GC one day or the other ..this will just speed up the process so that people can settle / buy houses faster
- I don't think u can come up with law saying if u buy house u will get GC ..focus should only be on faster GC and processing ..faster decision is helpful to US too ..as those whose cases will be denied due to law breaking etc ..will be denied sooner.
and hence no distinction between those who are renting and those who are already owners
Not only are immigrants an important category of buyers, but the few who took the leap of faith in this country and bought, might actually be forced to sell into a down market and exacerbate to pressure if this mess is not sorted out.
This current inaction is a dumb policy in many ways IMHO. I hope visa recapture happens soon. If they want to slow down immigration, they ought to do it at the F1/H1b/L1 level/Labor certification. Not at the 485 stage, which is what visa recapture legislation is all about.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default I like the idea

Very good idea, with interest rate going down there is an opportunity for those who are looking to buy the house.
And for those who already have house, If their green card messed up than you see more foreclosures.
No matter, who are planning to buy house or who already bought house both will contribute to the economy in their own way.

Quote:
I guess many have given up and many are just trying to hang on to their jobs ..but don't give up ..just think about the peace of mind that a GC gives ..no more headaches from lawyers, USCIS, RFE's, employers, DL etc ..at the very least comment on this idea but before you dismiss it come up with a better idea (it is very stupid of people who just criticize but don't come up with alternative ideas).
----------------
what if all immigrants and members were to call their local realtors - show interest in buying a house and once the realtor is interested ..tell her / him that you are postponing your home buying decision since the green card has got delayed ..and maybe ask him / her to tell the NAR (national realtor agency) to speak about speeding green cards to legal immigrants who are already here ??
...if people are motivated then maybe we can do media campaign too ..
------
the above idea does not need any money / members can do it from the comfort of their homes ..please comment and either support this or come up with better idea ..Thanks in advance !!!
(if the idea sounds good ..then all members can spread the word in their community - i.e. temples, churches, local potlucks, subdivision, apartment, AMWAY meetings etc etc ..at the very least IV membership will increase)

Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default that's a good idea

Pinto, I strongly support your idea.

Quote:
I guess many have given up and many are just trying to hang on to their jobs ..but don't give up ..just think about the peace of mind that a GC gives ..no more headaches from lawyers, USCIS, RFE's, employers, DL etc ..at the very least comment on this idea but before you dismiss it come up with a better idea (it is very stupid of people who just criticize but don't come up with alternative ideas).
----------------
what if all immigrants and members were to call their local realtors - show interest in buying a house and once the realtor is interested ..tell her / him that you are postponing your home buying decision since the green card has got delayed ..and maybe ask him / her to tell the NAR (national realtor agency) to speak about speeding green cards to legal immigrants who are already here ??
...if people are motivated then maybe we can do media campaign too ..
------
the above idea does not need any money / members can do it from the comfort of their homes ..please comment and either support this or come up with better idea ..Thanks in advance !!!
(if the idea sounds good ..then all members can spread the word in their community - i.e. temples, churches, local potlucks, subdivision, apartment, AMWAY meetings etc etc ..at the very least IV membership will increase)

Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

The thread was started by an IV core member who took the lead on this and this idea has also been pursued by him with officials. If you have any questions to the core member, contact him. You can also contact your state chapter leader who can easily communicate with any core member.
It is not possible to read all posts and respond so you maybe disappointed.
Thanks.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------