Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Good idea

This is a good idea. I will send the emails.

PD - May 2004
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sent

Sent the e-mail to the folks in my state.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2008
Compare
panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of
Default Sent the emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post
Thanks for sending.

send me a PM with addresses that bounced. I will update the list.
Great idea nixtor,
I sent all the emails and also to senators from my state. Many of them bounced back. I have sent a PM to you with details.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute

Applause!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
Senator DSLStart,

At the end of your post, you forgot to say - 'I yield back the balance of my time'. What do you think this is, Senate floor, where you are proposing amendments? Laws are never drafted exactly what people tell lawmakers. The objective here is to gather attention to GC issues when they are considering proposals/ideas to resolve housing/credit crisis. Do you actually believe that this language/proposal will go as it is without any change, without anyone discussing it? In the ideal world, if you live near a Walgreens, you first create a perfect idea/proposal before sending it, and, in the real world you send out a good proposal/idea so that we do not miss the bus. Why make "the perfect" enemy of "the good". Let’s first get the word out that this is a possible viable suggestion, I am sure before deciding, they will make sure not to be unfair towards you. Turn over to MSNBC.com live and see that they are having an urgent hearing on this right now. They will decide something in next 2-3 days. Lets not argue about who has the "real" intent to make US as a permanent home. Kindly let the Senators propose amendments, and not cause delay in sending out the message, otherwise everyone will miss the bus.

Disclosure: For the record, I own a house.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 09-23-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
A better justification would be that doing so will avoid bringing new supply on the market from people moving to their native countries.

FWIW, the home I bought in 2001 is paid off, but I wouldn't mind buying another one if this comes through.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of
Default Have you tried to get a mortgage lately?

Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default go to penfed.org

they are still doing it.. as far as i know.. great rates too... the only complain i have with them is that they are SLOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is a great point to include in the email

Admins / nixtor

Any comments ?
I have seen the same situation in 2005 when i was buying a home with a credit score of over 700. I was denied by so many lenders, but anyway got a decent loan from Wellsfargo.
(But those days are different, housing market is on high, no worries of credit crisis etc

But nowadays, we are hearing a lot of these denials

Quote:
"Don't go Where a Path Leads. Rather go where there is No Path and leave a trail for Others"

Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
it is ok is on a distinguished road
Default Great Idea

Kudos to person who started this thread. A Brilliant Idea..Minimally, even if it helps few hundred people in couple of years, this is more than worth. I will send mails. Thanks for your untiring efforts in the face of adversity..

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Regardless of your credit history/income/financial strength/savings there is almost no credit available in the market. Whether you want to buy a house or you want credit for a small business, there is no credit b'coz the lenders do not want to lend. That's the crisis. And if there is no credit, willing and able buyers, just like yourself will not be able to buy a house.

Administration wants $700 billion to buy bad mortgages (5% of the entire outstanding mortgages), which will inject confidence in the lending agencies, whereby easing the credit market, allowing everyone to get a loan and do whatever they have to do. But it doesn't end their, to recover from the economic slum, housing market must come back. And to bring the housing market, there needs to be more buyers in the market. As Alan Greenspan said few months back, speed-up GC, it will help bring buyers to the market, helping to bring back the housing.

After $700 Billion bail-out, the credit market will start to stabilize and it will be easier to get mortgage.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
lipstickonuscis is on a distinguished road
Default What about those who already bought a house?

Nixtor,

I am wondering if they will be eligible for exemption too. I am sure some of us have already taken the risky plunge and bought a house.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

I think the $700 billion bail-out will just go down the drain and will be lost due to market speculation...stocks will spike but then will go back to its lows or even lower....and then, check-mate!

it's like a band-aid to a big wound.

I am not a lawyer....all my comments are my own beliefs, please respect it. I do respect yours!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
they are still doing it.. as far as i know.. great rates too... the only complain i have with them is that they are SLOW.
Can any of us join this credit union? It appears that one needs to satisfy any one of the 6 requirements (being related to US military) to be able to open an account with penfed. Please let us know if otherwise.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you propose the actual implementation??

How do you propose to actually IMPLEMENT this though? I mean how does one actually get out of the quota by "simply agreeing" to buy a house? How does the USCIS enforce that? Don't get me wrong, I would actually possibly benefit from this, but I am not sure how exactly this will go down? The anti-immigrants will see this move as a "BUY YOUR GREEN CARD" or "THE US CITIZENSHIP UP FOR SALE" move.

Last edited by eb3_nepa; 09-23-2008 at 01:37 PM.