Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please Include Current Homeowner also

I completely agree with DSLStart. We are paying Monthly Mortgages, property Tax and Insurance for Home. and contributing to Economy So Please include Current Homeowners also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
I think the $700 billion bail-out will just go down the drain and will be lost due to market speculation...stocks will spike but then will go back to its lows or even lower....and then, check-mate!

it's like a band-aid to a big wound.
The 700Bn or whatever the final number is not entirely a drain.....

the thing with all these exotic securities is not that they are completely worthless but that there is no market for these right now and hence are illiquid - so if someone had the ability to keep these securities for a long term (say 30 years - since most mortgages are for 30 years) on their balance sheet - they may not lose as much money as they would if they tried to liquidate these investments in the short term.

Financial Institutions typically borrow short term to invest in long term investments and keep renewing the short term borrowings - since the underlying investment has become illiquid - it has become difficult to raise financing against it. the govt, howver, can take a long term view and be patient....who knows.....in the end - the Govt may actually come out with positive cash flow at the end of all this mess. So, the bail-out plan may not be as bad an idea as media is portraying it to be.........in short-term - it does take US into further indebtedness.

I already have a GC - so this debate does not impact me personally - but this is against the basic principals of natural justice.......GC applicants were placed into certain EB categories based on job descriptions and qualifications and then within queues assigned priority dates based on certain logic and are currently being approved based on PD and country quotas..........all these rules were known and published prior to companies and people applying for these GCs.....

No matter what the incremental benefit is, I think its blatantly unfair (like it was blatantly unfair to push some people to labor backlog centers and approving people with later PDs first) to change the rules of engagement and prioritization midway through the process and give preference to someone based on an ability to invest certain $$s in an house.......buying a house is a commercial and lifestyle decision........should not be a precursor to a USCIS adjudication.......

keep the red dots coming folks!
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Old 09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default call them

call them... they will set you up with a membership to NMFA... costs 20 bux a year... thats it... then apply for mortgage... call them first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonedesi View Post
Can any of us join this credit union? It appears that one needs to satisfy any one of the 6 requirements (being related to US military) to be able to open an account with penfed. Please let us know if otherwise.
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough gceverywhere is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Great Idea

This initiative has my full support. Thanks Nixstor for coming up with a very innovative idea. While it is OK to expect for the system to not have this problem in the first place, the reality is that we have a HUGE problem in front of us.

We should all be very very concerned with what's going on in the financial market. If the bailout doesn't work then we will have a deep recession in front of ut. Do you REALLY think the govt. (Dem/Rep) will care about your green cards then?

Win-win strategy always works. To me, this idea presents a great win-win approach.

Nixstor,
I like the idea but I have one question. Have our lobbyists reviewed it and do they approve it?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down exactly!

well said sayantan..

This whole idea of linking GC to probable purchasing homes..is insane!
it stops short of black mailing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post

the thing with all these exotic securities is not that they are completely worthless but that there is no market for these right now and hence are illiquid - so if someone had the ability to keep these securities for a long term (say 30 years - since most mortgages are for 30 years) on their balance sheet - they may not lose as much money as they would if they tried to liquidate these investments in the short term.

Financial Institutions typically borrow short term to invest in long term investments and keep renewing the short term borrowings - since the underlying investment has become illiquid - it has become difficult to raise financing against it. the govt, howver, can take a long term view and be patient....who knows.....in the end - the Govt may actually come out with positive cash flow at the end of all this mess. So, the bail-out plan may not be as bad an idea as media is portraying it to be.........in short-term - it does take US into further indebtedness.

I already have a GC - so this debate does not impact me personally - but this is against the basic principals of natural justice.......GC applicants were placed into certain EB categories based on job descriptions and qualifications and then within queues assigned priority dates based on certain logic and are currently being approved based on PD and country quotas..........all these rules were known and published prior to companies and people applying for these GCs.....

No matter what the incremental benefit is, I think its blatantly unfair (like it was blatantly unfair to push some people to labor backlog centers and approving people with later PDs first) to change the rules of engagement and prioritization midway through the process and give preference to someone based on an ability to invest certain $$s in an house.......buying a house is a commercial and lifestyle decision........should not be a precursor to a USCIS adjudication.......

Old 09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default I sent a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post
Thanks for sending.

send me a PM with addresses that bounced. I will update the list.
I sent you a PM with the list of email ids.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default I sent PM

nixstor,
I sent PM to you. Can you please consider and include that in the proposal. Thanks,

Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default totally wrong

this summary of the crisis is wrong... in fact *this* is unfair to ply people with
incorrect versions of news... nearing to lies... if intentional... the lack of liquidity stems from the fact that subprime borrowers are finding it hard to keep payments going after their payments reset on ARMs. CDOs that were based on mortgages were rated highly by rating agencies based on precedent of earlier years started losing buyers because payments were not coming through (ie default) and that led to lack of buyers and then there was a general exit from the CDO market... investment banks (like lehman) are allowed by fed regulators to classify certain assets as investments and hence not re-evaluate value them (or mark them to market) every once in a while... however, in light of actual default on some assets and ensuing lack of market interest, they started writing down asset values... thats when they collapsed... there was no way people would have come back in 30 years to buy an asset for which the underlying payments had already stopped...

hope this sets the facts straight or at least gives a different point of view for people to chew on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post

I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please include current homeowners as well

Nixtor,

I like your idea, but please consider current homeowners as well in your proposal. I understand that if new homeowners are removed from the queue I am standing in, it will benefit me. But seriously, I will not get immediate relief. I will have to continue to wait in some queue for another decade. I have been in the US since 1994, completed 6 years of education and have been employed since 2000. My PD was current for 2 months, I am still sitting here looking at a dismal October Visa Bulletin. Yes, I bought my house 4 years ago. Why can't I be included in this list?

Should I promise to buy a second home? Will that put me in the category you are proposing?
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

This proposal if it hits the major news media will atleast catch the attention of most people regarding our plight as immigrants.

On the other hand though, those on the other side will think that this proves their point --- they are losing jobs and money -- immigrants are taking it. They are losing houses and properties --- immigrants are taking it. They will put the blame on us.

I am not a lawyer....all my comments are my own beliefs, please respect it. I do respect yours!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Please Include Current Homeowners in the Proposal

I agree with this. Please Include Current Homeowners in the proposal, who are already contributing to economy while still waiting for the Greencard. Current Homeowners should not be be left out from the proposal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaIndian32 View Post
Nixtor,

I like your idea, but please consider current homeowners as well in your proposal. I understand that if new homeowners are removed from the queue I am standing in, it will benefit me. But seriously, I will not get immediate relief. I will have to continue to wait in some queue for another decade. I have been in the US since 1994, completed 6 years of education and have been employed since 2000. My PD was current for 2 months, I am still sitting here looking at a dismal October Visa Bulletin. Yes, I bought my house 4 years ago. Why can't I be included in this list?

Should I promise to buy a second home? Will that put me in the category you are proposing?

Last edited by GCOP; 09-23-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Leave it to us 'Skilled' folks to shred an idea before implementing it. What is the harm in mailing out a letter. We tend to focus on bringing out the negatives and keep discussing issues till the train passes us by.

The bailout plan is a short window of opportunity, what is wrong in sending out some emails, we are not the only ones doing this there are hundreds of organizations trying to get their word in edgewise.

(I for one am even willing to write a proposal to 'buy' a GC, if EB applicant is waiting for more than 5 yrs since his/her PD, they can pay 10-15 grand to fast track application irrespective of the fact that the PD is current or not. USCIS stands to make 2 billion. I prefer paying 10k to uscis instead of the yearly drain towards my lawyers SLK.)

Anyways the point i am trying to make is that for this particular issue send out the letter, ask others to do the same and then discuss the merits of the letter. As the moderator mentions the window of opportunity is very small. Since you will be sending out your own letters, you can include any text to include current home owners or include only US educated or only EB 2 I etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
well said sayantan..

This whole idea of linking GC to probable purchasing homes..is insane!
it stops short of black mailing...

Old 09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aroranuj is a jewel in the rough aroranuj is a jewel in the rough aroranuj is a jewel in the rough
Default Lets support this initiative..

I am already a HOMEOWNER but I think this bill is good for all as those who buy new homes move out of the line & we move quicker. Congress works in strange ways & if the core thinks this is the best way to get around it & including current homeowners will be a dealbreaker I am for it....Lets support what we can get.

I emailed half the people on the list & will email the other half in the next couple of hours...

IV CORE: THANK YOU for thinking for every single possible way of getting us out of this rut...you have my full support!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Try credit unions

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
I used www.MemberhomeLoan.com

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2007
Compare
Sideliner will become famous soon enough
Default Very good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
..On the other hand though, those on the other side will think that this proves their point --- they are losing jobs and money -- immigrants are taking it. They are losing houses and properties --- immigrants are taking it. They will put the blame on us.
This is a very good point, while considering the good press you MAY get, also think about how many Lou's shows can use the same material to spread more hatred.