Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default we can not stop

We can not control roy becks or lou dobbs
When an elephant walk on a street, dogs will always bark because it's their nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
This proposal if it hits the major news media will atleast catch the attention of most people regarding our plight as immigrants.

On the other hand though, those on the other side will think that this proves their point --- they are losing jobs and money -- immigrants are taking it. They are losing houses and properties --- immigrants are taking it. They will put the blame on us.
"Don't go Where a Path Leads. Rather go where there is No Path and leave a trail for Others"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute reddy77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes, approved a month back

Yes, mine was approved a month back without any hassles and bought the home ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
485 Filed: July 2007 (NSC) -- Pending
EAD Approved & AP Approved (NSC)

Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very good initiative and moreover the timing is perfect for this.
I sent out emails and did my part.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep sending those emails. IV is nothing but I + WE

Those of you who have homes and think this is unfair to you, I can understand your vantage point of being excluded. But there is a clear indirect consequence of such a legislation. I would say, Who ever bought the home bought the home with an intention of making US their permanent home. Some one else would say, I know guys who bought 2 homes. Its all greed and nothing else. So lets not go there.

None of them knew that FNM & FRE will be gobbled up by Fed, Lehman will go under after 158 years, AIG will be owned 80% by the gov and ML would be sucked up for peanuts. If they had a slightest inkling they would not have bought a home.

The problem is we have a glut of homes on the market. There are a bunch of people who can invest but do not want to because of the uncertainty they are facing. No doubt every one has uncertainty. Imagine a law maker's perspective (not mine or IV's) on exempting some one from the numerical limits, if he/she does not help reduce the number of houses by 1. All that matters at the negotiating table is whether this helps the housing markets or not.

As some one said, this is not the senate/house floor. If such legislation were to be enacted congress will design a lot of preconditions to be met. (legal and financial) We cannot dilute the message to start with. There was a good amount of discussion about this "already own a home" issue before the whole thing appeared on the website. Its in our best interest we start from here.

Its easy to sit down here and write what is fair and what is unfair. What really matters in the end is whether we can sell our pitch and make it palatable to lawmakers. Please stop enumerating all the unfair events in the EB immigration process. It just does not get any where.

If you don't like the idea thats fine. But please refrain from posting nasty and dirty comments on my profile. Not that I care about reputation, The usage of such words is totally unasked for.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold

I think it would serve better to our community to channel our efforts toward eliminating the need of EAD and AP document and have I-485 receipt serve as those documents. It will take the pain away for the waiting people.
All the USCIS needs to do is to declare that they will accept I-485 receipt as a proof for employment eligibility (maybe along with passport etc.)

i mean afterall, do you really think that congress will pass any legal immigration bill before election? i dont think so, it probably would be in the lame duck session if we are lucky.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lets support this initiative

Sending link to TX chapter now.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Also a request

Please send the email one-by-one instead of a single mass email.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
greensignal has a spectacular aura about greensignal has a spectacular aura about greensignal has a spectacular aura about

can somebody PM me the message and email addresses to send.

Thank You!
Contributed $150 so far
Attended DC Rally.
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 09-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy77 View Post
Yes, mine was approved a month back without any hassles and bought the home ....
If you don't mind sharing who was the lender?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the proposal has to be amended, it says "20%" of the loan amount , here in CA, the houses are around 500k, 20% of which turns out to be 100k, i dont have that kind of money, looks like everybody out there seems to have ton loads of money !! (damn desis !)
How about saying " buying a house" with good credit.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
HumJumboHathuJumbo can only hope to improve
Talking As long as we are askin...

why not ask for citizenship if we buy 2 houses?. I will even buy that toxic debt from banks, if i get citizenship and a gori.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

Judiciary committee is busy talking about horses...instead of houses....maybe we should say we will buy horses instead if they give greencard...

just kiddin'

I am not a lawyer....all my comments are my own beliefs, please respect it. I do respect yours!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am writing to Congress, even though I may not benefit

aps, I can see your apprehension.

I already have a house here and am not planning to buy another by putting 20% down payment. But I support this idea, because, it might take away a couple of 100 people from the queue.

Plus, such a letter is indicating to the Congress that we are ready to give the country a helping hand when she needs our help the most.

I hope you would reconsider your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
IV is started for one cause, that is to eliminate the unfair country quota and speed up the green card process. Let us stick with that.Do not divert by introducing these kind of proposals.

Few weeks before there was a fight between eb3 and eb2 applicants on this forum. Now you are starting a new group which favors who has money. This is not good. Let us unite and focus on one goal. I am not supporting this idea. Please drop this.

aps

Old 09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default RandyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Sending link to TX chapter now.
RandyK (or any one from MI chapter) Can you send a link to Mi chapter too. I already fwded the link to friends at work.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are right, but please support it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
No matter what the incremental benefit is, I think its blatantly unfair (like it was blatantly unfair to push some people to labor backlog centers and approving people with later PDs first) to change the rules of engagement and prioritization midway through the process and give preference to someone based on an ability to invest certain $$s in an house.......buying a house is a commercial and lifestyle decision........should not be a precursor to a USCIS adjudication.......

Actually you are right that such a proposal is not fair. But putting country quota is also not fair, when we are talking about EB GCs. And like you said, BECs were also not fair. So the whole EB thingie is pretty badly messed up. We are suggesting the Congress a way (an unfair way) to get out of this mess.