Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
HumJumboHathuJumbo can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc2004 View Post
the day this becomes law..it would be better for all of us go home, bcos tht means lawmakers are ready to do anything to get some money and they know this country has gone down beyond repair.
and the day it becomes law..i am sure the situation in this country will be so bad tht most of us wont even have jobs at tht time.
very true! Its like you get a job as a driver in a middle class house in india and suddenly your master loses his job and is ready to lay you off. If you realize the fundamentals, you will find a job somewhere else. If you start begging your master to let you clean the dishes so you can still stay, then you got problems.

In this day and age, everyone should know when to cut their losses.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

This suggestion is totally unethical. This is opportunism at its worst.

I saw a few posts that have already started carving out the law per their own conditions, and bashing people who have real concerns about any action on the bill. There was a time when real grievances by a group of people was being shut down for want of "unity". But with so many members starting these kind of threads (and the apparent lack of the "administrators" refuting such discussions), I think it is time to start individual cabals to further our own goals rather than the whole community.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default what is happening now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc2004 View Post
the day this becomes law..it would be better for all of us go home, bcos tht means lawmakers are ready to do anything to get some money and they know this country has gone down beyond repair.
and the day it becomes law..i am sure the situation in this country will be so bad tht most of us wont even have jobs at tht time.
Our Social Security, Taxes, Medicare. USCIS fee. Whole USCIS lives on us.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

One thing, assume if it works out and 50% of the people are able to buy houses and get the GC, they are out of the queue right, so automatically the back logs are gone and the remaining people not able to buy the house will get their GCs soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
This is not fair and good idea. what about people waiting in line for years and invested their money elsewhere because of this green card delays or those who do not have enough money and job in this market situation. All of the sudden you are brining this idea. This is not fair. This is kind of buying green card. There is a investment based green card category available for that. I request you to go through that channel if you are rich. Not all employment based green card seekers are rich. Please keep that in mind.

thanks,
aps

Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Atleast me

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2606 View Post
One thing, assume if it works out and 50% of the people are able to buy houses and get the GC, they are out of the queue right, so automatically the back logs are gone and the remaining people not able to buy the house will get benifited.
I am waiting for my GC to buy a house.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

I got mine approved 2 months back from countrywide with out any issues.and I got good interest rate too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2606 View Post
One thing, assume if it works out and 50% of the people are able to buy houses and get the GC, they are out of the queue right, so automatically the back logs are gone and the remaining people not able to buy the house will get their GCs soon.
You are missing the point of the opposition. What is the fairness in this visa category? Every other category has US benefiting (not short term, but in long term) from us, except this proposed category. Do you think paying 20% down will benefit US enough that they drop every thing and grant you the GC??

Also, how do you define this 20%? A 20% down in CA will get your 5 homes in Alaskan tundra (ok exaggerating, but not by much). This proposal basically comes down to haves and have nots. By expending time on such misguided legislation, you are not only making the immigrants look like cheap opportunistic ****, but also giving enough fodder for the anti-immigrants that we are only looking for our GC without any tangible long term benefit for US (I could pay 20% down, get my GC, and then become a burden on the state).

Old 09-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
I am waiting for my GC to buy a house.
I second that. I am waiting for my GC before I make such a huge commitment to this country.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default dude... you are so braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbar77 View Post
I dont think buying a greencard for 100,000$ or for any money is wise. You already are paying enough taxes, paying legal fees.... and of course spending ur prime here waiting for a permanent resident status.
you are buying a house. they are to give gc in return for us pumping money into the system which otherwise would not have come in
Quote:
So let them grant GCs if they feel like. Dont bribe ur way in!!
its not about their feelings or yours... there is a law and IV is trying to change the law by a legitimate process. do not use words like bribe which refer to improper personal payments for benefits that dont belong.

Quote:
Also if one bought a home and then got a GC, lets say he sold the home right after... what abt it....!!
the new law should decide that... the discussion is open...
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

the bailout amount of 700billion shows you how deep in trouble the market is.
How many do you estimate will really buy a home if there is a law like this.
Do you have any survey, any real study with proper numbers?? If its 1000 people, its not going to be worth the trouble for them. If its 20,000 real commitments, then we are talking... With downpayments of 250k and mortages for the rest, we are soon talking some pretty decent numbers here (assuming bay area kind of home prices)

Also you mentioned IV is discussing this. Do you mean core IV team is officially involved in a campaign or is this just ur own initiative.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
HumJumboHathuJumbo can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
you are buying a house. they are to give gc in return for us pumping money into the system which otherwise would not have come in

its not about their feelings or yours... there is a law and IV is trying to change the law by a legitimate process. do not use words like bribe which refer to improper personal payments for benefits that dont belong.

the new law should decide that... the discussion is open...
It should be under EB5 category since its an investment. How do you go from being a qualified skilled worker taking a job in US because no US ciitizen is available, to being qualified to buy a house?.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueguy View Post
I second that. I am waiting for my GC before I make such a huge commitment to this country.
Exactly, but what if they give you GC immediately if you buy a house? Win-win for both you and the government.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guys Just send the emails..

FIRST lets just send out the emails as requested by IV (Yes, this is OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY IV initiative)
We will have all the time in the world to discuss the details.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future
Default Make sense

Nixtor,

This idea makes much sense and I am for it.
Only hitch is how fruitful it would be launching it now. Why not to wait for next season ( Probably Democrats ).
* Called members of Hispanic Caucus
* Approached local people to join IV

Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just read this... Think about it

Fifteen minutes is well worth the time to influence a $2 trillion enterprise.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers