Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contribution promise on posts?

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the forums:

when a person posts a question on the forum, they can add a promise to contribute to IV for a good response or a resolution (whatever amount they want to, or a promise to send a letter etc.)

If the amount is zero, and no other contribution is made, IV members could opt not to respond to the post.

So forums are no longer free; but not officially paid. It is upto members to "donate" a response (maybe for a new member)

Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road

Good idea. I still think we need to somehow make it mandatory to put your contribution on every post. May be like by making a signature mandatory and the signature having the contribution in it.

I am not sure how to prevent users from putting false information though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
Hi,

when a person posts a question on the forum, they can add a promise to contribute to IV for a good response or a resolution (whatever amount they want to, or a promise to send a letter etc.)

If the amount is zero, and no other contribution is made, IV members could opt not to respond to the post.

So forums are no longer free; but not officially paid. It is upto members to "donate" a response (maybe for a new member)

Any thoughts?
Proud to be an IVian.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute

to the person who gave me a red with "bad idea" - why not come out in the open and discuss it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
Hi,

Any thoughts?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

believe me, that would alienate IV more from the 'tryin to be an immigrant' community.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

how? theres no mandate on contributions.. but the people who respond will be more motivated to

and then in many cases you're saving on lawyers fee by asking questions here...

analogy - people make vows in temples/ churches promising to either contribute money or do some service if a wish is fulfilled.. this is similar (maybe not the same thing ...or a bad analogy but i couldn't think of anything else)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post
believe me, that would alienate IV more from the 'tryin to be an immigrant' community.