Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts
Default Class Action LawSuit Against the USCIS

Is it justified that so many years are being wasted?
Is this not abuse of human rights?
Is this not let down of expectations set by USCICS to its customers?

Is there no legal recourse possible? Is there any precedent to this? Is it possible to rally funds to start a class action lawsuit against USCIS?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute dvb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Money ?

It costs around 50-60k. Will you donate some?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahiribaba View Post

Is there no legal recourse possible? Is there any precedent to this? Is it possible to rally funds to start a class action lawsuit against USCIS?
How is this a human rights issue? Nobody is forcing you (or me) to "waste" years.
Class action lawsuit - on what basis? I would like to be convinced otherwise, but USCIS is not doing anything against the laws.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:

USCIS is not selling goods or services and you (or me) are not buying anything from them - so there is no customer relationship

No body forces you to waste your golden years nor is there any human rights angle.......
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's funny is

every few weeks one new person comes up with the same idea as if it hasn't occurred to any one before, fancying themselves in the lines of Erin Brokovich.
Then a bunch of people join them, for few days the thread will be on the top with every body blowing steam on how USCIS should be taught a lesson. Then the thread disappears and wait for few weeks. A new one pops up.
It's almost as if it is a passing ritual for new IV members.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts

Yeah you guys are right.. In fact it is not at all unjust how USCIS is treating our PR applications, neither do we have any rights to demand for faster processing and transparency in the way USCIS work or that the money spent on application fees are not service charges. I totally agree that we deserve the crap we are being melted out by USCIS. Let us keep waiting till our destiny unfolds before us.

OH wait!! If you are bored while waiting you can always try to predict the numbers in the next visa bulleting. Maybe you can play BINGO with it.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb123 View Post
It costs around 50-60k. Will you donate some?
Yes of course I would if there is a transparent plan of action discussed and proposed by IV or any other organization. Will you donate some?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
How is this a human rights issue? Nobody is forcing you (or me) to "waste" years.
Class action lawsuit - on what basis? I would like to be convinced otherwise, but USCIS is not doing anything against the laws.

it is a breach of expectations if nothing else. and the expectations are not unfounded. Also the per country quota limit irrespective of the number of applicants is something that is unjust. I am not a lawyer but there is something that is not right about the system - how it can be brought into a courtroom is something we can discuss and decide or a lawyer can help with.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
every few weeks one new person comes up with the same idea as if it hasn't occurred to any one before, fancying themselves in the lines of Erin Brokovich.
Then a bunch of people join them, for few days the thread will be on the top with every body blowing steam on how USCIS should be taught a lesson. Then the thread disappears and wait for few weeks. A new one pops up.
yeah it is damn funny and so is your life.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes of course I would if there is a transparent plan of action discussed and proposed by IV or any other organization. Will you donate some?

Come up with detailed plan and action items. And everyone will support you in this. Convince everyone how you can win in the law suit or give the legal aspect.

Every now and then people starts new threads for law suits and disappear. No one knows the details and transparent plan of action. IV is nothing but I + WE. So if you want to go for law suit, you need to lead.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Cool As long as there are jokers I run into like you

Quote:
yeah it is damn funny and so is your life.
my life is going to be funny. May be I should start taking bets on how long this thread is going to be alive. (Hint: Search the IV forums for "lawsuit" and you will see the lifecycle of these threads started by folks who want to start a new never before seen legal battle to emerge victorious.)

Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts
Default Nutcase

Who is this nut case - lahiribaba?
GC delay is a Human Rights issue? You should be sent to China/Burma/Saudi Arabia, Somalia...

Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not correct.

Quote:

So what?

Did USCIS stop you from going out of US and force you to stay here to get the GC?

Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Every now and then people starts new threads for law suits and disappear.
This appears to the same idiot creating different ids and opening multiple lawsuit threads from time to time, hoping that it will somehow stick. The best way to handle this guy is not to respond to his thread.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
very true, some people will believe anything, like Germans thought they could kidnap Churchill and thereby swing the outcome of the world war 2, when they were losing war on every front!