Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default RECAPTURE BILL RE-INTRODUCTION: Letís Start

Dear Friends,

As per yesterdayís floor summary (access link below), the House of Congress has been adjourned and this marks the end of the business activity in the house of the110th Congress. House will re-convene at 11:00 a.m. on January 3, 2009 and that will be the first session of the 111th Congress.

Floor Summary: http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

3:02 P.M. -
The House adjourned pursuant to H. Con. Res. 440. The next meeting is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on January 3, 2009.

HR 5882 introduced in the 110th Congress will no longer valid for consideration in the 111th Congress and a new RECAPTURE bill has to be introduced in 111th Congress with the same contents of HR 5882 in order for us to obtain some relief.

I think we should start our campaign now itself, targeting Rep Lofgren, Zoe [CA-16] and Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5], for the RE-INTRODUCTION of the RECAPTURE bill during the first week of the 111th Congress.

Also, it is very important NOT to campaign for the expansion of the scope of this bill at this point of time as that will make this bill to get ignored and become a reason to add the whole relief measures to a Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill which may take 1-2 years to get passed depending on the political landscape.

We should ask Hon. Zoe and Hon. Sensenbrenner to introduce this as an emergency relief measure and try to get this passed during the first quarter itself.

Once this bill gets introduced, we could request all previous Co-Sponsors of HR 5882 to become Co-Sponsors of the new bill.

So at this point, we should send mails to Rep Lofgren, Zoe and Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. encouraging them to re-introduce the RECAPTURE bill.

Letís keep HOPE alive!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who will email to Zoe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
Dear Friends,

As per yesterdayís floor summary (access link below), the House of Congress has been adjourned and this marks the end of the business activity in the house of the110th Congress. House will re-convene at 11:00 a.m. on January 3, 2009 and that will be the first session of the 111th Congress.

The House adjourned pursuant to H. Con. Res. 440. The next meeting is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on January 3, 2009.

HR 5882 introduced in the 110th Congress will no longer valid for consideration in the 111th Congress and a new RECAPTURE bill has to be introduced in 111th Congress with the same contents of HR 5882 in order for us to obtain some relief.

I think we should start our campaign now itself, targeting Rep Lofgren, Zoe [CA-16] and Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5], for the RE-INTRODUCTION of the RECAPTURE bill during the first week of the 111th Congress.

Also, it is very important NOT to campaign for the expansion of the scope of this bill at this point of time as that will make this bill to get ignored and become a reason to add the whole relief measures to a Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill which may take 1-2 years to get passed depending on the political landscape.

We should ask Hon. Zoe and Hon. Sensenbrenner to introduce this as an emergency relief measure and try to get this passed during the first quarter itself.

Once this bill gets introduced, we could request all previous Co-Sponsors of HR 5882 to become Co-Sponsors of the new bill.

So at this point, we should send mails to Rep Lofgren, Zoe and Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. encouraging them to re-introduce the RECAPTURE bill.

Letís keep HOPE alive!
I was pushing it for week. I tried to email her. It didnot work out.. On her website if you are not from her constitute it will not allow to send message. I called her office to and lady asked me details first like name , address and she said I should call my local rep. Also she didnot give any details on HR 5882. I was asking support from some member from her consitute and get the thing going ..no one showed interest. People are busy on AC21 thing. I think its good for them but doesnot matter for me who didont even file I 485.

We are in such a minority in terms of immigrants. 12 mil Illegal Vs 500k legal ( who are waiting for visa ) Out of that who knows how many we are on this site ? may be 10 % or less.. and people starts campaign for AC21 which brings number even smaller. How can we get success... We should think broad. The whole point of this was forum should be for every one. I know we had done a progress. (1) We did good job on July fiasco. only helped those who were waiting for filling 485.. ( may be 90 % of population of this site . )
(2) then we did good job for 2 year of EAD
(3) Now AC21..

but this is helping only few % of us. and becoming less and less as some senior members get GC and leave site.. In order to attrack more and more people we should be broad. Our primary goal should be Backlog and increase visa .. Unless congress increase visa nothing will happen to backlog.

Good start and let me know if you need some help on this campaign.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Compare
bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of
Default Post here?

http://www.change.gov/agenda/immigration_agenda/

Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzibub View Post
bobzibub

You can post there and if you live in California 16th Dist you can call Zoe' office and find out she is willing to bring HR 5882 to floor in Jan 2009.

Any body is here from California 16th Dist ? Please PM me...

Old 11-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how many of you have actually visited DC offices and spoken to Congressional Office staff in person (not just sending E-mails or letters). I have been there, and done that. And I intend to continue to do that for myself, my family and the community..

Let me tell you this, if there is anything related to immigration - whether Visa recapture or increase in numbers - it will be with CIR. There was a slim chance for piecemeal legislation in the 110th Congress. There is almost none in the current Democrat-dominated Congress. This is the political reality we have to live with.

The question I was asked by the Congressional staff repeatedly was - 'If so many thousands are impacted, why are we seeing just 4-5 coming to DC asking for help? Why aren't we hearing about from our constituents? Why is it always 'the outsiders' approaching us? Why aren't they visiting us? Why aren't they writing letters to us?'. So many questions with no answers!

Fact of the matter is our community cannot get what it wants unless we willing to pull our butts off the couch and do the dirty groundwork. Just the 50 or so of us dedicated IV leaders cannot work miracles.

We don't have any magic spells or potions in our pockets. We need your help to succeed.

Last edited by walking_dude; 11-21-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, on our last visit to DC two congressional offices asked the very same question. They were actually surprised to hear that there is a problem.
The baby that cries the most gets the milk first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
The question I was asked my the Congressional staff repeatedly was - 'If so many thousands are impacted, why are we seeing just 4-5 coming to DC asking for help?

Old 11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2008
Compare
vik352 will become famous soon enough vik352 will become famous soon enough
Default Call Campaign?

Let's start the call campaign. I want to be the baby that cries (or rather calls) a lot :-)

Old 11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Arrow Nothing will happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
Dear Friends,

As per yesterday’s floor summary (access link below), the House of Congress has been adjourned and this marks the end of the business activity in the house of the110th Congress. House will re-convene at 11:00 a.m. on January 3, 2009 and that will be the first session of the 111th Congress.

Let’s keep HOPE alive!
Dude nothing will happen, this was lost and last battle.

The problem is us, yes "us". Most of us come to check whats on the website and then make sure we stay abreast with it. No one wants to work etc mile except making stupid phone calls and sending faxes.

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN Because we are DESIS

All the people who got EAD's act as if " I don't care now, I got EAD " I have spoken to few Indians and this has been their response.All these suckers are good for what? You all got EAD, congrats you sit on your bud and wait for years. We all have seen how the bulletin is working.

Illegals are better than us at least they are united and they are actively involved.

We need the IV core team and the administrator to guide some big rally's. Guys nothing will happen until we are bold about our intentions.
I noticed everyone comes up with their different ideas, but no one works to implement it. We need to stand together and do something big, when was the last time we had a big rally?

And how many people actually showed up? Desi's wants everything fast and free.
One of the reasons friends of mine from IV have left being disappointed.

Yes 2007 was a milestone for a few people, but a disaster for people like us, who had PD in 07, had July fiasco not happened we could have seen some positive movement, rather being put on a swing ------------------ go front----------------------- go back.

So all the junior and new members until you guys quantitatively plan something big and real, nothing will happen. We all have our own problems, life in America is not simple, but in order for us to accomplish something we all need to unite and do something big, the problem is lately IV thinks too much and has less of ACTION

Last edited by kumarc123; 11-21-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice

That's very true. Shame on us for being lazy and waiting for the right moment.
The 16th district teams needs to be more re-united. I will talk to digital2k and arrange to meet Zoe in few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
I don't know how many of you have actually visited DC offices and spoken to Congressional Office staff in person (not just sending E-mails or letters). I have been there, and done that. And I intend to continue to do that for myself, my family and the community..

Let me tell you this, if there is anything related to immigration - whether Visa recapture or increase in numbers - it will be with CIR. There was a slim chance for piecemeal legislation in the 110th Congress. There is almost none in the current Democrat-dominated Congress. This is the political reality we have to live with.

The question I was asked by the Congressional staff repeatedly was - 'If so many thousands are impacted, why are we seeing just 4-5 coming to DC asking for help? Why aren't we hearing about from our constituents? Why is it always 'the outsiders' approaching us? Why aren't they visiting us? Why aren't they writing letters to us?'. So many questions with no answers!

Fact of the matter is our community cannot get what it wants unless we willing to pull our butts off the couch and do the dirty groundwork. Just the 50 or so of us dedicated IV leaders cannot work miracles.

We don't have any magic spells or potions in our pockets. We need your help to succeed.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal View Post
The 16th district teams needs to be more re-united. I will talk to digital2k and arrange to meet Zoe in few days.
Good job on bringing this back to fire.

But one sad thing that Steve king of Iowa got reelected and he is ready to filibuster.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

You have some very valid points about community (non)participation in your post.

I understand your point about having another rally. Make no mistake - IV core has no problems with planning and conducting another rally. So it's not a big issue to get them to agree. I can push IV core, and get another rally. Bigger issue is how many are going to turn up? If it's just 100-200 of us same-old folks, there is no point.

Last year when we were bouyed by the success of July VB reversal, it was estimated that at least 10,000 would turn up. But, only 2000 did. I don't know how many will, if we hold another few months from now?

IV can sponsor more ACTION (items). But what's point, if there is not enough participation? First step is the community needs to step up and make existing action items such as FOIA requests for backlog numbers, AC21 action items successful. This will motivate IV to launch more action items. No organization would want to be seen running too many campaigns with liitle or no community participation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
We need the IV core team and the administrator to guide some big rally's. Guys nothing will happen until we are bold about our intentions.
I noticed everyone comes up with their different ideas, but no one works to implement it. We need to stand together and do something big, when was the last time we had a big rally?

And how many people actually showed up? Desi's wants everything fast and free, the problem is lately IV thinks too much and has less of ACTION

Old 11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Our community needs to get this - We [through non-participation] are the problem, not others.

If folks had turned up in DC rally in 10,000-20,000, if equal number thousands had written letters to their Congressmen, if all of them had visited local offices, if hundreds of them had visited DC offices - we would have succeeded by now. Steve King or not.

We did nothing, except make those last minute calls. We gave the lawmakers suggestion for solution (pass HR xxxxx), without bothering to educate them what the problem is and how many are impacted. Results were there for everyone to see, Horses bill was put for discussion before ours, making it very easy for Mr. King to do his dirty work.

We shouldn't be complaining. I bet the horse lovers (animal rights activists) were more active and successful in educating the lawmakers than our community. Hence they got the precedence.

Point is there will be lawmakers like Rep King and Sen Sessions, who'll oppose any visa increase or recapture, rain or sunshine. There are also lawmakers who are sympathetic to us to balance them out. Our biggest hurdle is other lawmakers who don't have a stand on the issue. They are the majority and their vote can go either way. Our biggest hurdle is to reach out to these lawmakers, explain our problems and convince them that a sufficiently large number of their constituents are impacted.

If we succeed in doing that, our battle is won. No King or Sessions can stop us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
Good job on bringing this back to fire.

But one sad thing that Steve king of Iowa got reelected and he is ready to filibuster.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute
Default from murthy website

I-485s Not Tracked by Priority Date

A question was asked about the volume of employment-based I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status cases pending with NSC as of April 2008. Also asked was how many of the cases had current priority dates. The NSC advised that they had, at that time, approximately 190,000 EB I-485s. They also clarified that they do not track cases solely by priority date. While we are aware that cases were not tracked by priority dates, from the questions we receive, it is worth reiterating to our readers. Our firm see questions, frequently accompanied by outrage, asking why I-485 cases with later priority dates are approved prior to those with earlier priority dates. The answer is simply that the USCIS service centers do not re-sort or track I-485s solely based upon priority dates. Case processing is based upon filing date, but I-485s cannot be approved if the priority date is not current. The NSC also referenced the need for an I-485 to be what they refer to as "viable" in order to be approved. Viable cases are those with approved I-140 petitions, clean fingerprint and name-check results (or name checks pending over 180 days), as well as being eligible for visa issuance, based upon priority date.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Quote:

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
Default You are the Man

Quote:
I was looking for some one who is from Dis 16th. Please start movement rfom there.. ( her office ) do let me know what comes out. I am ready with next action iteam.. call list... unless she agrees nothing can start except media drive.