Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
Free riders if you are reading this and I know you are, please and please come out of your cheap mentality and donate. You know very well that saving 20$ will not help you build a TajMahal, but donating just 20$ or 50$ will make a huge difference to millions of people INCLUDING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

So don't be ashamed of yourself by not donating and donate generously.
Saxena,

How much you had contributed as of now? Can we ask ?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
sarangbeley is a jewel in the rough sarangbeley is a jewel in the rough sarangbeley is a jewel in the rough sarangbeley is a jewel in the rough
Default Contributed $50

Payment sent transaction ID: 5XF7750851624640H
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilmahajan View Post
Thanks for your insight and observation.
Do you believe in what IV is doing?

If Yes, i will really appreciate if you can contribute and help us in any way. This is an organisation run by people like me and you, who have full time jobs and have families also. If we all can take out some time out of our busy lives and try to help IV, then everyone will know about IV.

When we say we need to convince people, which is ridiculous, as i am 100% sure, everybody knows whats going on. We all are suffering and are here fort he long haul. If still people dont want to do anything, then no one can help us.

So, Thanks a lot for your insight and help IV to help yourself.

GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.
Akhil,

I could convince 3 of my colleagues who are READY RIGHT NOW to contribute $1000.00 each. I can do $500.00.
But they asked me just one question. What is the action plan that IV is collecting these monies from prospective immigrants who are already in pain due to this economy and all that. I did tell them about July 07, flower campaign, but they are not willing to listen. They said they did not contribute at that time due to some reasons, but they now want to contribute big way. They have a much bigger friend's circle than mine who are also doing good from top schools who may contribute too. They may also register in IV soon.
But their only question is "What is the action plan for FUTURE". Can you please help.
I am confused myself with the same question, no offense. Like me, they wouldnt wait and wait forever for things to happen. We Strongly believe in any action towards goals. Trust me, we need lots of money, but the way they responded made me feel uncomfortable.

Last edited by suriajay12; 02-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriajay12 View Post
Akhil,

I could convince 3 of my colleagues who are READY RIGHT NOW to contribute $1000.00 each. I can do $500.00.
But they asked me just one question. What is the action plan that IV is collecting these monies from prospective immigrants who are already in pain due to this economy and all that. I did tell them about July 07, flower campaign, but they are not willing to listen. They said they did not contribute at that time due to some reasons, but they now want to contribute big way. They have a much bigger friend's circle than mine who are also doing good from top schools who may contribute too. They may also register in IV soon.
But their only question is "What is the action plan for FUTURE". Can you please help.
I am confused myself with the same question, no offense. Like me, they wouldnt wait and wait forever for things to happen. We Strongly believe in any action towards goals. Trust me, we need lots of money, but the way they responded made me feel uncomfortable.

I do have the same question. I dont see people come forward and contribute untill they see something or any clarity.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Akhil,

Yeah! Its common sense dude! Lets keep the 50USD in pocket when one has job rather than contributing to a cause that might help keep the job or makes voice heard when a bad bill comes out.. Choice is yours and your friends. If you/your friends are expecting a GC because you paid 50$ towards this effort, I dont know what to tell. If you/your freinds are expecting to hold xyz accountable for every single penny of the donation, that is not the attitude that will bring US together.

Ask your friends to understand the word lobbying and advocacy efforts. How much work it takes to hire a firm and get strategic advise? How much a firm that advises strategically and positions the issue strategically charges per hr? If an IT consultant is charged at the rate of 100-200USD by a big consulting company, Imagine how much would a consultant such as these people on the hill charge? I dont know but I wont be surprised if its north of 500USD an hr.

With out IV, The only two things folks on the hill knew were illegal immigration and H1B visa. Now more than 75% offices know the EB issue inside out and have a position on it. This is an effort that needs to be continued until we get a solution.

"What is the action plan for FUTURE"?

Relief from Retrgoression. Continued advocacy efforts. is it that difficult to know? I dont know but it seemed obvious to me.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts
Default Not convinced myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentO View Post
Yeah! Its common sense dude! Lets keep the 50USD in pocket when one has job rather than contributing to a cause that might help keep the job or makes voice heard when a bad bill comes out.. Choice is yours and your friends. If you/your friends are expecting a GC because you paid 50$ towards this effort, I dont know what to tell. If you/your freinds are expecting to hold xyz accountable for every single penny of the donation, that is not the attitude that will bring US together.

Ask your friends to understand the word lobbying and advocacy efforts. How much work it takes to hire a firm and get strategic advise? How much a firm that advises strategically and positions the issue strategically charges per hr? If an IT consultant is charged at the rate of 100-200USD by a big consulting company, Imagine how much would a consultant such as these people on the hill charge? I dont know but I wont be surprised if its north of 500USD an hr.

With out IV, The only two things folks on the hill knew were illegal immigration and H1B visa. Now more than 75% offices know the EB issue inside out and have a position on it. This is an effort that needs to be continued until we get a solution.

Relief from Retrgoression. Continued advocacy efforts. is it that difficult to know? I dont know but it seemed obvious to me.
Please see my answers in BOLD. Please do not assume I am mad to put in BOLD. This is just to make my point more VISIBLE.

YOU GOT US WRONG.
THEIR POINT IS VERY CLEAR TO ME. THEY ARE WILLING TO SPEND MONEY, AND DO KNOW THE COSTS INVOLVED.
THEY ARE SPENDING CLOSE TO $5000.00 EVERY YEAR FOR 1 YEAR HI-b EXTENSIONS, VISA RENEWALS, EADs extn, APART FROM THE STRESS AND PAIN DUE TO THESE BACKLOGS.We cannot put a number on the pain this has created.
THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT $10, $50 OR $100. THEY ARE READY TO SPEND EVEN $5000.00 AS I FELT, BUT THEY WANT TO SEE THE ACTION PLAN. YOU CANNOT SAY I WILL WAIT AND WAIT AND THEN WHEN WE NEED TO, WE WILL START A CAMPAIGN AND THAT IN SHORT NOTICE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THAT MONEY. WE UNDERSTAND THAT. BUT OUR QUESTION IS WHAT DID WE DO IN LAST NEARLY 2 YEARS APART FROM VOICING IN 07 FIASCO.

WE UNDERSTAND AND WE WANT TO MAKE IV VERY STRONGER TOO. WE DID RESEARCH MANY SITES AND FINALLY NOTED IV IS ONE OF THE BEST WHERE SO MANY PARTICIPATE (READ AS "GIVE IDEAS, BUT NO ACTION") ALL THE TIME. WE DIDNT SEE ANY OTHER SITE WITH THIS MUCH PARTICIPATION AND HENCE WE WANT TO STICK TO THIS AND COLLABORATE HERE.

WRONG. "RELIEF FROM RETROGRESSION" IS NOT THE ACTION PLAN, THATS ONE OF THE END RESULT. WE NEED TO KNOW ACTION PLAN. LOOK AT THE CURRENT STATE OF HOUSING. WE EXPECT A CAMPAIGN TO TOUCH THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO SEND THE MESSAGE HOW WE CAN HELP IN HOUSING, JOBS. WE OFCORS DO NOT SUPPORT WE GO THEIR WITH IMMIGRATION BANNER AT THIS TIME FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. DONT YOU THINK OBAMA KNOWS IT. NOW DONT COME BACK WITH 20% DOWN PAYMENT. WE NEED TO TELL THEM HOW WE CAN CONTRIBUTE.
YOU ARE A PHD HOLDER, OR YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERTISE IN SOMETHING AND CAN CREATE A JOBS. THATS WHAT THE GOVT WANTS TO HEAR. AND HERE YOU ARE NOT EVEN WISPERING..
AGAIN "RELIEF FROM RETRO" IS JUST ONE OF THE THINGS WE WILL BE FIGHTING FOR,. THERE ARE MANY OTHER ISSUES AND FOR THAT ALSO WE NEED TO CONTRIBUTE IN MUCH SMALLER AMOUNTS EVEN AFTER OUR ISSUING ARE FIXED. THATS COMMUNITY.

Finally one question to ALL.
If we see a good action plan from IV Core and a date, how much are you willing to contribute.I am now ready to do $2000.00 instead of $500.00 as I said before. I am not very well-off to do this much (my friends are, though). But this looks to be nothing when compared to the loss many faced waiting 5-10- years. So I will do.
Feel free. Remember how it feels like if you get it. and dont forget how much you are spending now for different immigration related issues. How much are you ready to contribute to IV.

Last edited by suriajay12; 02-26-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please see my answers in BOLD. Please do not assume I am mad to put in BOLD. This is just to make my point more VISIBLE.

Finally one question to ALL.
If we see a good action plan from IV Core and a date, how much are you willing to contribute.I am now ready to do $2000.00 instead of $500.00 as I said before. I am not very well-off to do this much (my friends are, though). But this looks to be nothing when compared to the loss many faced waiting 5-10- years. So I will do.
Feel free. Remember how it feels like if you get it. and dont forget how much you are spending now for different immigration related issues. How much are you ready to contribute to IV.
Ok. Time out suriajay12.

Tell me one thing - Why do you expect IV core to spoonfeed everything to you and your friends. If you and your friends are raring to go and do something for the retrogressed community, why not come forward with ideas and show some efforts, instead of just harping on a forum with a bundle of dollars in your hand! Remember, IV is made up of you and me, and it's you and me who can make all the difference. It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and talk. And one more thing - "Have a positive attitude" about everything (life, IV, GC etc) and you will notice how much your point of view will change for better.

The best advice I have for you is to join your state chapter because IV does lot of its planning and strategy implementation behind the scenes. That way you will know more about IV's current and future plans, and will be able to contribute in a positive manner.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i understand and i might be wrong, and this is specifically from my perspective and i am not representing IV.

For a legal immigrant who has been here for the last 9 years, following the law from day 1, i don't see any hope except IV. I understand this is a political issue, and everything happens on the back-end. There is no time table or time line which can be promised by anyone, because this is all politics. Even anti-immigrants don't do anything everyday. They lobby in the background and try to stop any kind of relief, if any being given to us. They still collect a lot of money. They are also only active when there is something on the table and same goes with IV. Everything goes in the background and when there is something positive they come out and request the community to work on an action item, which in the ends gets a very poor response and undermines all their hard work. IV has an agenda and sticks with it. They have lobbying firms who work on the lines of that agenda. I don't think anybody can promise a time line or timetable regarding anything. They are working on an agenda and trying to get relief for all of us. They can't come out openly every day and say we are working on this and that.

I believe in trying and by supporting IV, i am doing that. If no body is going to fight for us (Legal Immigrants), then we can't expect any relief or i will say not even dream of anything good for us. No one is going to address our plight till the time we fight for it. Ask your friends what have they done till today? If they think giving $1000, can buy themselves a Green Card(so called independence) then i am ready to give them $1500 and will request them to do it for me also and i am sure i can find many fellow IV'ans who can also give them $1500. Its very easy to question someones hard work, but when they will be asked to do something, you wont find them anywhere. Every time they will have some reasons not to contribute or do anything. If they join IV, they are not doing anything good, till the time they don't participate in any activities or action items. If they think sitting and waiting for Visa Bulletins and Processing Dates is the best way to go, then there is no way anyone can help them.

Nobody came to convince me, that IV will get me out of this pain. I understand the problem, which is right in front of everyone and i only see IV as the one and only one organization working to get us some relief. I have met the Core group and i know how dedicated and honest they are. During the rally they were in DC for weeks getting everything worked on, only so that our problem can be highlighted and heard. IV Core spends a lot of time in Washington DC lobbying for our cause. They spend money out of their own pockets. They have families and they end up spending time away from them. Why???? Because they want relief and get our problem sorted. I really salute and appreciate their efforts and the hard work they have put in to come so far.

But we as legal immigrants always end up questioning someones efforts? These questions need to answered by us. If your friends think there life is good and things will fall in place, its fine and they can stay away and go on with their lives as it is going on. But tell them not to criticize and question anybody's hard work and honesty.

At least they can do us a favor, by not questioning what IV does? Rest regarding the funds, IV is a non-profit organization, and the tax returns are available online and can be viewed by anyone.

Rest i hope they wake up and realize that by helping IV they are helping themselves and their families.

I tried my best to explain how i understand IV. If i offended someone i am really sorry about it.

I am proud to be associated with IV. At least in the end i will be happy to say that i tried for my independence.

GO I/WE GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Quote:
Akhil,

Last edited by akhilmahajan; 02-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilmahajan View Post
This is what i understand and i might be wrong, and this is specifically from my perspective and i am not representing IV.

For a legal immigrant who has been here for the last 9 years, following the law from day 1, i don't see any hope except IV. I understand this is a political issue, and everything happens on the back-end. There is no time table or time line which can be promised by anyone, because this is all politics. Even anti-immigrants don't do anything everyday. They lobby in the background and try to stop any kind of relief, if any being given to us. They still collect a lot of money. They are also only active when there is something on the table and same goes with IV. Everything goes in the background and when there is something positive they come out and request the community to work on an action item, which in the ends gets a very poor response and undermines all their hard work. IV has an agenda and sticks with it. They have lobbying firms who work on the lines of that agenda. I don't think anybody can promise a time line or timetable regarding anything. They are working on an agenda and trying to get relief for all of us. They can't come out openly every day and say we are working on this and that.

I believe in trying and by supporting IV, i am doing that. If no body is going to fight for us (Legal Immigrants), then we can't expect any relief or i will say not even dream of anything good for us. No one is going to address our plight till the time we fight for it. Ask your friends what have they done till today? If they think giving $1000, can buy themselves a Green Card(so called independence) then i am ready to give them $1500 and will request them to do it for me also and i am sure i can find many fellow IV'ans who can also give them $1500. Its very easy to question someones hard work, but when they will be asked to do something, you wont find them anywhere. Every time they will have some reasons not to contribute or do anything. If they join IV, they are not doing anything good, till the time they don't participate in any activities or action items. If they think sitting and waiting for Visa Bulletins and Processing Dates is the best way to go, then there is no way anyone can help them.

Nobody came to convince me, that IV will get me out of this pain. I understand the problem, which is right in front of everyone and i only see IV as the one and only one organization working to get us some relief. I have met the Core group and i know how dedicated and honest they are. During the rally they were in DC for weeks getting everything worked on, only so that our problem can be highlighted and heard. IV Core spends a lot of time in Washington DC lobbying for our cause. They spend money out of their own pockets. They have families and they end up spending time away from them. Why???? Because they want relief and get our problem sorted. I really salute and appreciate their efforts and the hard work they have put in to come so far.

But we as legal immigrants always end up questioning someones efforts? These questions need to answered by us. If your friends think there life is good and things will fall in place, its fine and they can stay away and go on with their lives as it is going on. But tell them not to criticize and question anybody's hard work and honesty.

At least they can do us a favor, by not questioning what IV does? Rest regarding the funds, IV is a non-profit organization, and the tax returns are available online and can be viewed by anyone.

Rest i hope they wake up and realize that by helping IV they are helping themselves and their families.

I tried my best to explain how i understand IV. If i offended someone i am really sorry about it.

I am proud to be associated with IV. At least in the end i will be happy to say that i tried for my independence.

GO I/WE GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.
Very well written. We need this kind of language material to present to our friends. You got my contribution. How do I donate $20? I don't see tab for that money on page. Minimum for one time contribution I see is $100. Also is there any way that I do not have to use paypal and directly use my cc to pay?

Also not all of us are as good in writing or speaking the same language. I am glad you understand the pains of IV core but unfortunately all of us have not gone through the same things as you have. So we surely need some convincing on part of IV. This post I see is right step. I need some more info to present to my friends, as to why they should contribute. That would be perfect.

Last edited by gcnotfiledyet; 02-26-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 ways you can contribute.

1) Write out a $20 cheque and send it to IV on the address listed.

The address to mail the checks to is:

Immigration Voice
3561 Homestead Road #375
Santa Clara, CA 95051-5161

This address can also be found at: http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=26&Itemid=44

2) Just sign on to www.Paypal.com and send money to donations@immigrationvoice.org.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default My 2 Cents

Last year we started a major membership campaign in Colorado. People kind of agreed that IV is the appropriate platform for this crusade, and they were willing to contribute money, but only if they see required transparency in the IV organization. Members of the state chapters have so far not heard about how the contributed money is spent, and what kind of lobbying took place in Washington.

Is good to hear the cheers of "IV is our only hope", and yes in one way it is, but unless we bring required reform to IV, the status quo will maintain. That is several years since its inception : limited number of paying members, half hearted participation in various campaigns, and inactive state chapters.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Akhil for the write up

You answered some of the stuff very nice.

To the guy who is MAD,

Be MAD that you and your friends chose to ignore IV during the biggest screw up of USCIS.

It sounded very condescending that they are ready to give 1000USD now, when they are probably feeling the pinch, and ignored any efforts before/during/after the fiasco.

I did not say this the first time but now I can say this. People who say I will give 1000$ to IV, 10000$ to IV or the big amounts think that they are playing carrots and sticks. So you want the core members to come out and lay out the strategy on which member of congress is sympathetic to the situation and might do some thing. Yeah! right. Let the tunnel rat guy go and tell every guild, numbers usa idiot that what IV is up to.

Money is one of the pieces of this effort. Grass roots efforts are another piece. As Akhil said, people who work at the grass roots efforts dont have the shareholder or value for my buck mentality. Also, my friend, in the current volatile environment, problems do not blaring horns out for you and me. I am still amazed how two reporters sensationally linked H1B and Banking industry to get a bill on the floor. It is those two reporters who called Grassley and ignited his draconian mind.

Watch out what kind of reports are going to run in Mar and Moira Herbst already reported a bill in works by Durbin and Grassley. D & G will attempt to remove the 6th year extensions no matter what, revoke some of the AC21 provisions and god knows what they are penning down now. Then all of us, those who are sleeping, those who are pretending to sleep can wake up for real.

It is a shame that our community will flock to Bollywood/Kollywood/Tollywood events and shell out 20-50 $ per seat but considers contributing to IV as some thing that needs to be seen through the magnifying lens 100 times.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute Amma has a reputation beyond repute
Default My contribution to IV

Mailed a cheque for $50 today.

Have faith in IV guys. I have seen a lot of dedicated members of IV which inspired me a lot. Don't probe IV too much with our highly intellectual brain and do nothing.

If IV is not there ,we will be murmuring with ourselves and resigned to our fate.

Keep going.I salute those dedicated guys.
4. Attented DC Lobby through Tx chapter- April 2011

Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default How much proof do people need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentO View Post

This in itself is a stupendous achievement and IV has made it possible. 2 or 3 years back you had NO VOICE. Now you have IV. Thats enough reason contribute and feel involved in the community effort.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Default Grand Total - $1990

Thanks a lot everyone.

Grand Total - $1990

Come on folks lets help IV, to get things done for US.

IV is I/WE. GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.